Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:32 am
All times are UTC + 0
The Trojan Horse (SP-map)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aurora196
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject:  The Trojan Horse (SP-map) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everybody,

I've posted this map ages ago on the tiberiumweb-forums, and somehow forgot to post it here. So here it is.

It's a singleplayer-map, though I'm not completely happy with it. Also it was a pain to finish this map. The objectives are:

-Objective One: Get the explosives to the Train Station before sunrise.

-Objective Two: Destroy all GDI forces.

And, when you're working on objective one, you cannot be spotted by GDI's main base. You also shouldn't cross the trainbridges, as they're booby-trapped.

The name of the map is based on the myth/story of the actual trojan horse. Instead of driving a wooden horse full of soldiers into a city, you have to ride a train full of explosives into an enemy base. The briefing is (I'm not good at briefings):

For several times Nod attacks have been having trouble with penetrating through GDI defences in this area.Especially the Firestorm walls are causing difficulty. However we may have spotted a weak spot in their defences. Their base is still open for supllies from the civilian railway.The bridges are not defended by Firestorm Walls and are the only way in. The main problem is that GDI suspicion has lead to explosive traps placed on the bridges. That is why we have to take over the Railway Station. Bring the Truck with explosives to the Train Station. GDI may not suspect anything, so we cannot be spotted. At night there are no patrols. After you have brought the explosives and they are loaded into the train, we will target their Firestorm Generator. When the Firestorm defences are down, their base will be vulnerable and we will be able to destroy everything.

Well here's the map plus an screenshot and a minimap. Enjoy!

mini.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  17.35 KB
 Viewed:  7512 Time(s)

mini.PNG

fight.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  587.34 KB

fight.png

Start.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  678.76 KB

Start.png

Nod The Trojan Horse.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Nod The Trojan Horse.zip
 Filesize:  118.83 KB
 Downloaded:  1427 Time(s)

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow Surprised this map is totally frekin INGENIOUS!

20 out of 10, everything's superb. Hands down spotlight Cool

A few minor changes I'd make:
>the dude that goes to sound the alarm, make him flash to give him a little more attention

>make Advanced Power plants buildable, perhaps?

>when the gdi EMP goes off, have some drop pod guys come to take care of the disabled tanks

>also, I noticed the AI was building a few componebnt towers in te middle of nowhere Laughing

random gactowers.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  200.2 KB
 Viewed:  7490 Time(s)

random gactowers.PNG

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Aurora196
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I'm glad you liked the map so much. I'll have a look into those things you mentioned, especially those component towers. However, I don't know when I'll do this, because right now I'm too lazy Razz ...

Anymore comments...?

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sure..nice map..nice use of triggers..nice everything..make more..

superdjidane
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nod/ badguy mission are rarely purposed by map creators on the Net, and this one is very great. Good gameplay with balanced difficulty.

Good Work !

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon