Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:16 am
All times are UTC + 0
Red Alert 3 and the never released announcement...
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject:  Red Alert 3 and the never released announcement... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Recently, the guys over CNCNZ tried to extract more information about the next Command & Conquer game from Aaron Kaufman. Afterall, we had a big festival last month with the C&C 10th Anniversary, that could be a perfect moment to announce the newest C&C game, but nothing was done. Even Petroglyph used that moment to announce their C&C game competitor that will be published by SEGA.

Mr.Lee wrote a big article showing his disappointment with the situation. Here's a snippet:

" We, the community, will lose sight of the promising franchise that we loved in command and conquer, and we shall travel heads sunken down to what looks to be our saviour in the form of Petroglyph. What we have left of Command and Conquer now seems to be more like an obituary than the bustling cradle of life we saw just before the anniversary. It was you, Mr Kaufman, that said you were overwhelmed by the support we had shown to the celebration, now be prepared to be overwhelmed with how much face you lose with us. Between the invitation to the webmasters, and the Battle for Middle Earth summit, you have committed something that many have caused zealous. You have not given the people what they wanted, and you have made them turn their back on the only thing they associate with EA. The people are calling Generals and Zero hour the heretic of Command and conquer. There has been an influx of Red Alert 2 modders, and a great decline in the momentum of the Generals modders."

And, they've received a reply from Kaufman explaining the situation, posted HERE. Also, an interesting snippet:

"So, I fully understand the cries and pleas 100% but everyone in the community is going to have to be patient still. I cannot directly comment on the C&C franchise, but I can say that we are 100% dedicated to the franchise. I nor anyone at EALA is in a position to talk about what lies ahead for the C&C franchise, but the word franchise has strong meaning around the studio. Now, you guys can all read between the lines and I know you have all been patient.

I wonder how Warcraft fans are feeling, or what about Age of Empires before AOE3 was even announced. The last C&C game was Zero Hour, 2003. Age of Empires 2 came out in 2000! Warcraft 3 came out in 2002. Those studios are taking quite some time between their sequels. It’s been less than 2 years since ZH was officially released. It is not abnormal for major franchises to go in to hibernation for more than a couple of years. BFME and BFME 2 should not be looked at as blows to the C&C community. C&C and BFME do live under the same umbrella of passion and franchise dedication from EA, so anyone who doesn’t think that, I suggest turning that frown upside down. EA is very dedicated to both franchises.
"

And it turns to be quite funny that people complains that Generals was rushed and that future C&C games shouldn't be rushed like that. Their whole support with the C&C community so far shows that they might be working on something and still have a lot of future C&C games to be shipped in their plans. Patience is a virtue... but I still think we'll have a Chinese, USA and some other wacky side on this new RA3.

And you? What do you think of it? Post your comments (guest posting allowed)!

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting.. Atleast there is hope.

But i must admit you are probably right that they will add some odd sides or such, i mean they can put in Australia to make me happy, wont fit in though. (I joke as if they would put that in. #Tongue)

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I wonder how Warcraft fans are feeling, or what about Age of Empires before AOE3 was even announced. The last C&C game was Zero Hour, 2003. Age of Empires 2 came out in 2000! Warcraft 3 came out in 2002. Those studios are taking quite some time between their sequels. It’s been less than 2 years since ZH was officially released. It is not abnormal for major franchises to go in to hibernation for more than a couple of years.

Well said. Great games aren't made in 2 years and Warcraft 3 is the best example. What's the release year of Warcraft 2? 1994, 8 years to develop a new game.

About Generals: all I hate about that game is the C&C name and the high pc requirements.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i would like to know how they can say that they are dedicated to the C&C frnchise when all i have seen since RA2 is crap.Generals is a pitifuk excuse of a game, and i think that they should either really work hard on the next C&C or give Westwood or Petroglyph back the rights so that don't continue to mess some of the best games to ever be made

The Nuker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, at least this is something.
Let' s hope they'll make a TRUE C&C

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Really now, EA didn't do nothing bad to Westwood. Westwood had financial problems and EA saved them by making WW part of it.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Westwood had financial problems? I've never heard of that... I thought they've won millions with the first Command & Conquer...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ensemble released Age of Mythology, Blizzard released Starcraft. These were both maintained by the company, too, with patches still being released today for Starcraft. EA have neither released balances for older C&C games, nor announced a new game. How can they compare themselves to other companies if they can't compete to their level of dedication in the first place?

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Westwood had financial problems? I've never heard of that... I thought they've won millions with the first Command & Conquer...

Yeah.. Tiberian Sun had problems, that was a flop so I've heard from some people although I thought it was a solid game. Also they spent lots of millions on that Darth Vader voice dude (I think it's Samuel Jackson?) as General Soloman. It was after Tiberian Sun that Red Alert 2 came out (which was EA made I think) so I'm guessing that Jackson sucked the money right outta them.

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Darth Vader voice dude (I think it's Samuel Jackson?

Oh. my. god.

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't shoot me I'm crap with names! Sad

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol. Who do think was the better actor. The guy who plays General Solomon? (Darth Vadar voice) Or the guy who played Micheal AMcNeal? (The guy who saves Sara Conner in Terminator, I think)

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh forgot the McNeil actor #Tongue, yeah he sucked money like a vaccum cleaner.

So in short, Darth Vader voice guy + Terminator guy= Millions of $ gone!

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

James Earl Jones = General Solomon
Michael Biehn = MaNeil

Personally I loved having them in the TS universe, and they helped add a depth to the FMVs, a bit of professionallism.
I think it was money well spent, whatever the cost.

And I don't believe it was money problems with Westwood during Tiberian Sun's development, but more Time. The fall with Tiberian Sun was many of the things promised didn't make it into the final cut, for various reasons.
Still, I love Tiberian Sun, and will forever be my all-time favourite game. It was professional and I was immersed in the universe around that game, and forever will be.
It also helped develop my belief, that it cannot be a true Command and Conquer game, unless it features Joe Kucan, Kane. In my opinion, he IS Command and Conquer, and I won't consider any game CNC without him. Forgive me, but that is simply my opinion.

I never really got into Red Alert, but that does not mean I think any less of it than the other command and conquers.
I do however, think that Red Alert 2 fell far behind the previous games. It felt more cartoony and it was, I can't explain it, but it was different. I didn't think it quite lived up to previous CNC titles.
It didn't seem to have as much strategy as Tiberian Sun, and the campaign was one directional. At least with TS, you could choose optional missions to help you out.

Generals, another game I didn't get into. I will not say it is a bad game, because it isn't. Although it wasn't until Zero Hour came out that I took a liking to it. Its a good game, and its nice to play in 3D, but it is not a Command and Conquer game. I believed for a series they needed to be the same. This did not relate to the Tiberium universe, nor the Red Alert universe. And the lack of FMVs I wasn't impressed by. I like to be a part of the story more in a game.

Emperor Battle for Dune is a great game, love it to bits. Loyal to the Dune Universe, has some interesting FMV's, a variety in what you do for the campaign, some really good strategy behind it, real strategy. Its like a cross between TS and Generals. Generals excels EBFD graphically. But in my opinion, thats it.

We know you can do it EA, we know you can make some good games, EBFD is my example of this. All I ask.. all we ask is that you bring this to Command and Conquer. (And bring Joe back Very Happy)

Mr.Graffitti
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EA do what gives them more money. All companies do.
You know, they have the best RTS game ever, which are the Tiberian Series, Red Alert universe is also super-fabolous but not as powerful as the Tiberian series. Come on, just the storyline of the game, it's amazing and it wins over tons of others games like Warcraft. TD,TS,RA2.. are the TRUE C&C games, as Muldrake said, not Generals, Generals just isn't part of C&C, its a good game worth to have, but it just doenst gives me that passion and power that other C&C games do. And Im sure you feel the same as me, if you're true fans of the game.
This type of topics make me revive again and gives me hope of having a new true C&C that I would enjoy forever, as Tiberian Dawn and RA1 and all C&C games, except Generals.
Yeah I sound like a lunatic but those type of games are the true motive of the best players.

ChrisBlitz
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It could have given the power and passion that CNC did probably if it had one detail: The classic CNC sidebar and the ability to click and then slam down the building.

Oxid Wars Forums

Sonic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just as I originally posted in the CNC Den news comments about this....
Quote:
This e-mail was never meant to be published on CNCNZ.com or any other site for that matter. It was more of a private conversion between Aaron Kaufman and us (CNCNZ.com). Due to a mis-understanding we posted it... slap on the hands for us Sad

People seem to forget that Aaron Kaufman is the just message man, he doesn't decided when its the right time to release details about C&C related products, he waits for his boss to give him the green light.

CNCNZ.com has e-mailed an apology to Aaron Kaufman.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, oh well. And I wasn't having a go at Aaron at all, but more at the EA group as a whole.

It would be nice if they actually read our comments, because if they listened to the fans, they would get a game to which the fans love.

Vincent93
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Warcraft 3 and AOE2 were great games CNC Gen was ztyping pathetic...the demo you know the free game that is suppesosed to make you buy the game made me NOT buy the game.

Btw this rocks!!!
Quote:
"You're not married, you don't have a girlfriend, you live alone.. and you've never seen Star Trek?
.... Dear Lord .."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heh, to me I was indifferent to EA or Westwood, and they were just games to me, the CNC Series.
I really enjoyed Red Alert 2, it seemed to be much more "fun" orientated then TS was.
I made great use of ESC key in the TS Campaign, and the AI pissed me off with their lethally accurate SWs, that took out my Con-yard one to many times.
Generals tho, it was weird at first... It was nice, and I immediately saw the few CNC concepts that EA brought into the game... RA2 Garrisons, traditional Double Barreled Super Tank, a Technological side, a brute force side, and a in-between side, also a EVA that gives you the briefings. I have come to enjoy the game, but I do not consider it a CNC Game.

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Idiots.

Nobodys looking behind the message, in reality they don't give a flying Rats, excuse the french, ass about the C&C Community... Red Alert 3 is just going to be yet another abomination of RA2, and RA1...So what has the community done successfully in whining at EA? Another POS...What I want to see is EA giving the rights to Petro... (Or Microsoft Games. Smile ).

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The problem with EA is, that all those people who understand what made the C&C games (especially the first 3) so special have left, joined Petro or doing something else.
EA's philosophy is making games in a as-short-as-possible time, spending as-low-as-possible money on the developement, and keep-the-support-at-a-minimum-to-reduce-costs.
Also EA doesn't trust in the tiberium universe, because the RA games made more profit.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They make one Bond game a year. They dont give a ztype about quality. I want Rare to buy back the Bond liscence, and give me the ultimate game. GoldenEye 64 online. No new graphics, just GE fragfests, online. Hell yea.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!