Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:39 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Voxelgeddon: Tiberium Wars Concept Fire Truck [RA2/YR]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [1 Post] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject:  Voxelgeddon: Tiberium Wars Concept Fire Truck [RA2/YR]
Subject description: Asvinx's Entry - 7th Place
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro

Detail: 6/10
Regardless of some small problems, I can tell there was a great amount of effort put into the creation of this voxel and the detailing in the editor is far from bad, but it fails to shine at the same time. I think the main problems were due-to the rescaling done (you can tell) from the model conversion. Never-the-less, a great effort.

In-game Result: 5/10
The in-game result drags the voxel down quite a lot, I'm afraid. The lighting and normals don't do it any justice, it's blurry at many angles and the colouring looks very washed out and incorrect, when compared to the concept at least, but again, a good effort was made.

Creativity: 7/10
I haven't actually seen this concept ever attempted before (at least, that I am aware of) so it's nice to see something different being done once again. The concept was followed very well, but some things are better as just that, concepts, a hovering fire truck seems silly in my opinion, but never-the-less, it's good to see more civilian assets.

Overall - 18/30

Morpher

Detail: 5/10
This voxel is well detailed in terms of its equipment and features (lights, hover engines etc), though unfortunately the texture and colours come across as rather blurry, which I'm guessing is due to a HVA bounds rescaling. I'd like to see how the original one looked for comparison.

In-game Result: 5/10
Unfortunately, the ingame result suffers from the blurry issue mentioned earlier, the details seem rather difficult to make out which make identifying what this unit is (unless you already know what it is) rather difficult. At first glance I personally wouldn't know this was a futuristic fire engine.

Creativity: 6/10
A remake of the Tiberian Twilight concept Fire Truck, something I've personally wanted to have in voxel form for for quite a long time. The voxel is relatively accurate to the reference material provided in terms of colouring and markings etc.

Overall - 16/30

I think this is one of those concept units that doesn't perform well when transformed into a voxel due to how smooth it originally is, I'd still like to see some more attempts of this one, I do wonder why it wasn't submitted as a TS voxel due to the nature of the universes!

OmegaBolt

Detail: 5/10
The detail mainly consists of some bits added onto the vehicle such as lights and... some other odds and ends. The main chassis would have benefited from using more shades of the 'brick' scheme to highlight edges and corners, creating greater depth. Also the white line could've been slightly thicker as ingame it ends up quite messy and not visible from most angles. The hover plates are detailed adequately and there's just enough detailing underneath to pass if the unit gets flipped over.

Ingame Results: 4/10
Unfortunately ingame the detail gets lost on a lot of angles. More shades of brick could've prevented this to some extent. It looks a little dirty and pixelated ingame, though perhaps not too far off stock vehicles.

Creativity: 5/10
There aren't too many civilian voxels around so this is a good effort, it's fun to see the fire fighting vehicle of the future. Surely though the water cannon on top should have been a separate turret for ease of use! The overall shape of the vehicle doesn't really say fire truck either except the colours and even then it's more orange than red (I know... the palette). Perhaps taking a little more inspiration from real life fire vehicles would've made it more recognisable, such as having the checker pattern on the side, some ladders attached or a crane of some sort.

Overall - 14/30

Total - 48/90

asvnix - Tiberium Wars Concept Fire Truck RA2.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  asvnix - Tiberium Wars Concept Fire Truck RA2.rar
 Filesize:  6.91 MB
 Downloaded:  726 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [1 Post] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!