Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:45 am
All times are UTC + 0
Battersea Power Plant
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject:  Battersea Power Plant
Subject description: Pic Updated
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am trying to make the Battersea Power Plant. Is this close to how it should look? Its a start, I am looking for input to let me know if I am close to the design. I have a dozen or so pics, but I can't tell if its close.

The miscellaneous edges and vertices will be removed once I get some feedback.

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Last edited by Nikademis Von Hisson on Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Right now it looks like a block. Needs more details.

The left one looks more like a building.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Battersea Power Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its the same building just showing left and right side. The pic is is the hidden line mode. The reason for the post I want to make the building some what close to the original building located in Battersea, South London.

The textures need some aligning, the brown needs to be changed and some more details need to be added.

Battersea Power.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  21.43 KB
 Viewed:  3097 Time(s)

Battersea Power.png

Last edited by Nikademis Von Hisson on Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:18 pm; edited 3 times in total

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've gone past this building many times on the train into London & well you have a basic shape but it needs tons of more detail IMO.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:42 am    Post subject: B P P Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, the pics I have are so so, but still looking for better ones. I'm looking to hit the library and a few other places this week to hopefully get some better pics of the building.

I've been trying all kinds of brick textures, some are too light while others are too dark. Still looking for the perfect one.

BTW.....I was counting on you (MigEater) or Aro make a comment on the building. You said basic shape was there, knew I needed more details, thanks.

Hey, since you are familiar with the building...any chance you could get me dimensions of the power plant. roughly...approximate length, width, height?

It's also a shame the building I am creating was completed until some where in the 50's, not WW2 time period. Only half was there for WW2. Found a few more pics

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would say the it's about 170m squared & 140m high but that's just a guess.

BTW this might help for inspiration.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:13 am    Post subject: B P P Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the video link

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: B P P Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Look at the last pic.....still needs some more details, but is it looking better?

What would you change if this was your building?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You made the side buildings thinner, they are roughly the same width as the main building tho. It's still missing all the Art Deco details around the towers, the top of the towers should be brick as well.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: B P P Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The one clear pic I have of the building (battersea 7 ) shows the farthest right not the same size. While others show it a bit different. For now I am gonna leave it until I get the towers fixed and maybe a better texture. Since I have the basic shape I am gonna work one piece at a time. I would like to use a texture like battersea7 pic

battersea 2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  171.99 KB
 Viewed:  3104 Time(s)

battersea 2.png

battersea 4.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  418.35 KB

battersea 4.png

battersea 7.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  341.78 KB

battersea 7.png

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hehe, I hadn't realised that the RA powerplant was so closely based on this.

Last edited by Orac on Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

hotrods20
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks pretty freaking sweet. :^)

Atari2600
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And then I remembered where else I had seen this thing!

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: B P P Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I am going to be using this in my mod as a civilian power plant and re-sized version for a base unit. But as soon as I get the proper feedback to where it looks good enough to post I will put it up for public use.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon