Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:40 am
All times are UTC + 0
Minor details about C&C: The First Decade
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject:  Minor details about C&C: The First Decade Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

APOC has recently filled us with more details about this new Theater of War with a DvD that is gonna be called C&C: The First Decade and released at february, 2006.

According to him, all games will be playable on Windows XP.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Hey guys,

Please point your attention to www.commandandconquer.ea.com. Currently, we are using our Generals site for the short information available, but a new site for C&C The First Decade will be live soon to follow.

A couple things you should take note of:

1. Click the link of Kane, and the first think you'll notice is the fan video/art contest details have been revealed. Winning submissions are going to be put directly on the Bonus DVD included with the game. That's right, if selected, you will be solidified in C&C history forever on store shelves, in peoples homes, on their big theater screens.

2. What was not mentioned in the press release is: ALL the games in the collection pack will be playable on Windows XP on DVD. This is not a simple export code to WIN XP process. It's actually a very complicated technical process and we have a development team dedicated to making it happen.

I understand there are a number of technical questions and theoretical questions about the compliation and the bonus DVD. I will be monitoring the forums and providing answers shortly.

Long Live C&C; this compilation is a testament to you guys. The Bonus DVD is going to be very fan focused, so get cranking on those movies and art. I want to put you in C&C history."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And, clicking in the Kane link, as he mentioned, you can see the exact contents of the email he sent the community about the Biggest C&C Fan contest a while ago.

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So we get to watch a bonus DVD with our own submissions on and get to rebuy all the games to make them work on XP.
Waste of bloody money - They all work fine on my XP systems. If they improve the engines to allow proper queuing systems and resolutions etc. fine, if it's simple recoding of the originals it will be a waste of time buying it.

Mechanical
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Already.  Been.  Done.
Seriously, I got the collection 2-3 months ago, and now this.  Damn.

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i hope every single EA staff member gets bubonic plague and dies screaming in agony.

pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice idea actually, much better than I expected.
I expected a great disappointment while this isn't really a disappointment, but it's not the greatest thing ever, but still cool.

Anyway: Read between the words:

"The first decade"

This is very likely to mean that there'll be a second one Smile

Oh and BTW I hope the guys will release that in Germany, too.
It's my chance to get all the CnCs in both German and English Very Happy

self

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

... i hope they code saving in Skirmish mode for all games prior to RA2... they needed it...

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, someone actually uses that feature?

Siberian GRemlin
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wonna skirmish mode for  C&C: TD GOLD...

Westwood Studios forever!

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You never know, they may even code SS into TD and a skirmish mode with actual AI - Or not, which seems more like likely.

pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually this is their chance to improve old CNCs (i.e. building queues in RA1 and TD, go to most recent event on [space] and so on), and I hope they use it...

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They won't, too much work for EA really.

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dunno, Apoc says they have a team of developers updating the games...

Renegade

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The entire team is probably dedicated to finding the best ways of screwing the modderz, locking out the pirates and ztyping up Rock Patch.

It's Generals all over again: How to cash out the brand as much as possible, as cheap as possible.

Motherfuckers.

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the words "please direct your attention to my arse" some to mind

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My opinion is this:

Its designed for the fans, they're making a product which was designed to bring together CNC and was inspired by the CNC community's love for CNC. So I guess the idea was nice.

But.. most CNC fans would already have the games, so surely this would be more aimed towards new players? Or at least people which only one of the games..

I must say I do like the idea of adding fan-created features, such as this "biggest CNC fan" video, immortalising a lucky CNC fan. But I know it wouldn't be me, (it would be a sad sad day if it was) and even then, I wouldn't have something done and sent in 10 days..

So, I think their intentions were just, except the method was a bit off.
Still, they are trying to work with the fans, and they are trying to bring back CNC. All my life I have depended on a few people to give me a chance to fit in and make a difference. If you want EA to work on rebuilding CNC, it doesn't help by crapping on everything they do. They could be doing nothing, you know.

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yay...I can replace my damn CDs finally...with fresh copies. #Tongue

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A nice idea, actually. Smile

& to everyone else; No i dont think they will change the settings & such because that would mean people have incompatible games; thus internet play wouldnt be universal in working terms, not that the older games are played over the internet easily, although they may plan to let it be. Either this or they will make these games updated, & have huge patches for the people with the older true versions. Just a thought anyway.

Firestorma
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Command & Conquer The First Decade will combine the following titles:

* Command & Conquer™(Aug. 1995)
  * Command & Conquer The Covert Operations™ (April 1996)
  * Command & Conquer™Red Alert™ (Oct. 1996)
  * Command & Conquer™ Red Alert™The Aftermath™ (Sept. 1997)
  * Command & Conquer Red Alert Counterstrike™ (Mar. 1997)
  * Command & Conquer™Tiberian Sun™ (Aug. 1999)
  * Command & Conquer™ Tiberian Sun™ Firestorm (Feb. 2000)
  * Command & Conquer™ Red Alert™ 2 (Oct. 2000)
  * Command & Conquer™ Yuri's Revenge™ (Oct. 2001)
  * Command & Conquer Renegade™ (Feb. 2002)
  * Command & Conquer™Generals (Feb. 2003)
  * Command & Conquer™ Generals Zero Hour (Sept. 2003)

Wasnt there also a Cnc Sole Survivor or something like that ive never seen it but seen the name everywhere. What about that?

-------------------------------------------------------

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well they've already confirmed that the games will be updated to work with XP, but the rest is merely speculation... And it wouldn't make that much difference, I mean, C&C wasn't updated when C&C Gold was released.

Sole Survivor is not included.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I kinda feel I was used... deception Neutral. I already have all these games... and I still have them on windows 98... the only thing I've seen announced is that all of them will run without any compatibility mode in XP... in a DVD... that's the big difference... and someone's movie will be sold in the package...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Chronojam
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, maybe if/when your order arrives (if you choose to play along with their scam and buy this if it's really as lame as it's made out to be), they'll also include part of the prize pack =P

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok updating games to work properly on an operating system is great but not if we have to pay fully for it when we already have the games and especially for people who have bought the recent collections. and what about when Windows Vista comes out in a few months? are we gonna have to buy all the games over again? This should be a free patch and they should give significants discounts for people that already have some games in the collection. im fed up of people rereleasing movies and games these days with a few things added here and there and they expect us to pay full price for every version. extended edition, director's cut edition, uncut edition, trilogy pack, saga pack. it's getting ridiculous.

i recommend nobody go and buy the new star wars on dvd coz they will rerelease it in a pack of 3 and then a pack of 6 and then on high definition format and they'll make you pay full price for every version.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!