Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:06 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Full Unit List [12/09/2011]
Moderators: Holy_Master
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [65 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:49 am    Post subject:  Full Unit List [12/09/2011] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ROS 1.0 Unit list [12/09/2011]

**** GDI ****
[Infantry]
- Marine
- Grenadier
- Engineer
- Jumpjet
- Paladin

[Vehicle]
- Jackal
- Titan
- Bison
- Combat Harvester
- MCV
- Juggernaut
- Mammoth Tank
- Mammoth Ace
- ??? [Rail Hover Tank]

[Aircraft]
- Orca Fighter
- Orca Bomber

------------------------------

**** Nod ****
[Infantry]
- Black Guard
- RPG Black Guard
- Saboteur
- Flame Thrower
- Stealth Trooper

[Vehicle]
- Recon Buggy
- Battle Bike
- Tick Tank
- Flame's Tongue
- Cloak Harvester
- ??? [ Mobile Repair Vehicle]
- MCV
- Stealth Tank
- Iron Tail

[Aircraft]
- Hornet
- Sidewinder

**** Orbital Federation ****
[Infantry]
- Clone Trooper
- Board Rider
- Engineer
- Guardian Trooper
- ??? [no idea rightnow]

[Vehicle]
- Manta
- Hammer Head
- T.C.U.
- Supplier
- MCV
- Megalodon
- Quantum Tank

[Aircraft]
- Twister
- Sword fish
- ??? [Secret :p ]
- Empress

Last edited by Holy_Master on Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:19 pm; edited 51 times in total

Darentei
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2 comments:
Scarub I believe should be ScarAb. Just the usual typo. ^_^

As a personal opinion, I don't find SSM launcher fitting as an ultimate unit. At least not for Nod. Something scorpion inspired would be cool...
However, expection from your skills, it could very well turn out to be awesome. Who knows...

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That list is looking great. #Tongue

I wonder what kind of elite infantry you're making for Nod, have you planned it yet?

NiGhtPiSH
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn it! Regin Of Steel will pwn us! :]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DonutArnold wrote:
That list is looking great. #Tongue

I wonder what kind of elite infantry you're making for Nod, have you planned it yet?

- Anti Armor Sniper...

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darentei is right.... the SSM launcher doesnt suit Nod
they need something....... scorpion*ish* or evil looking

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

meanmachine wrote:
Darentei is right.... the SSM launcher doesnt suit Nod
they need something....... scorpion*ish* or evil looking

this person is right ...its too ra1'ish.

plus gdi needs more units or cut down the nod units one or the other
you have WAY to many nod units there mate. Confused

mice16
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Umm... You realise that TD was made before RA? And the SSM was a nod unit in TD? It's canon.

[quote="Lt A1br3cht"]Kill it with fire!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well i plan to cut out razorback and replance SSM into it. about SSM it use Tiberium Rockets (but fire only one Rockets like V3 than TD) if it target has explose it'll creat tiberium field in that area. Rolling Eyes

BTW Razorback will avalible on Sub faction. Wink

cdmt
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
- Granade Launcher //Cost 300 *plan*

Should be Grenade Launcher not Granade Launcher. Smile

The list looks great.

GrimReaper017
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

holy_master, could you make a list of all the things you want to add for a first release of ROTS, including all things you have done already, and cross out the things you complete as you complete them? so that we, your fans, can track the progress of the mod more easily. i dont know about the other people here, but i like the little percentage bar that tells me how much longer i have to wait... (gets rid of the guessing)

xuetianyi
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last edited by xuetianyi on Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:29 am; edited 2 times in total

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i think Nod is good as it is, but GDI needs 1 or 2 normal tanks.
Mechs are good for longer range support, but cant be as heavily armored as a tank.
I'd add at least an MBT.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I Agree with ChielScape on this one. I think you should give GDI at least, one tank... Tanks wont win the war for you, but you can't win the war without them.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IMO Titan is enough,personaly i dont much point about how realism on it,but i point to make they both look different as possible,i choose mech for GDI MBT because it slow that fit with their concept "Heavy but Slow" if i add Tank for Gdi and that mean it much faster [what point to use tank if we try to make it slow as mech? ] ,that will broaken my concept. btw now i think GDI is abit too powerful over Nod side IMO,however i'll find some place to add some tank for GDI too, but i need to make sure both Tank and Mech will be going to use by player and it'll not work on same position. Wink

Ok. list is update you can check it again.

Grievous
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Holy_Master maybe you should take some inspiration from modern technology instead of always following what other CnC's have done, like the SSM Launcher.

In fact current technology far exceeds every single CnC world's technology.

We already have self-reloading artilleries (only need 2 men)
Dead accurate self-correcting artillery ammunition (meaning it will almost never miss, even a moving target)
Active defense systems (shoot down incoming missiles before they even hit your tank)
Weapons that can destroy entire battalions of tanks - one of which is Metal Storm.

Instead of using those old stuff like SSM, which in today's world is actually outdated, get some ideas of the latest inventions.

GDI should have at least 1 tank for realism's sake... and also, RA2 has many factions, could you make different variants of each side?

Like GDI Armoured Corps where use use all mechs, and GDI Siege General where you use mostly tanks.

About the technologies, thats just changing the names and weapons. About the factions, its just an idea. Would probably be too much to ask for, but I want to say it anyway.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i glade to adding some tank for GDI too,personaly i'm not people who hate tank or mech, i accept both applier in my mod but like c&c3 do, that game no place to put gdi Titan and ROS i have no place to put tank for GDI too.

if i' put tank that's mean "Titan must be cutout", that sad for me because Titan is 1 of my favorite Mech in gaming ever (that's why i dont make it different from original) and i dont want to bring "general" thing in to my mod.

if you ask me about war in the future i belive in battle suit,and advance air/artillery support than tank or mech or wrostly one botton will kill everything no army applier in the field.

Knight--->Dragoon with gun---->Tank---->???? [i still think on day tank will be replace by something]

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree with Grievous and the other people, the medium tank is almost like the original mammoth as a symbol of the GDI, it has to be there, mechs are good but a medium tank is rarely worse. Don't axe the titan, it may not be from that time but you're the modder so it's your choice.

the Knight --> Dragoon with gun --> Tank thing isn't right, the tank is more like this=

Battering ram --> cannon siege tower --> Crude MK V tank --> Panzers --> modern MBTs --> Next gen tanks --> futuristic tank equivalent.

The tank will stay, it's just a good formula for a military vehicle, tanks can be armed with multiple weapons systems, armoured with the most modern materials (people sait the ATGM would make tanks useless, did it? No; they invented ERA; then it was aircraft and artillery munitions carrying AT warheads, did they do it? no, advanced compostes such as Chobham armour kept the Tank viable). Sure it has it's challenges but for firepower, armour, manouverability and the Oh ****! factor you just can't beat a tank!

Sorry; I just believe they'll stay until we all get leaders who aren't afraid to push the big red button, wipe out their enemies then get PWNED by the entire world in revenge. The truth is even Kim Jong il won't push the button because if he does he'll get his precious North Korea pulverised by hails of UN and US missiles, not exactly the way to win the populaity vote... Even then Tanks will survive the edge of the fallout (NBC sealed, another thing that's harder to do to to more complex systems.) and invade the radioactive rubble before people in Chem-suits come to spray de-contamination foam everywhere or the whole plaxe is designated a no-go area for the next 250 years or whatever...

Lightstorm
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if you need ideas for cabal superweapons i could come up with something.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'm so happy when my forum have another discussion out from ROS.but ok now i try to find place to put some tank for GDI but it's hard to consider,because it possible to make some unit are useless. when i design ROS i try to make all unit is useful and different from another side as possible and no another unit can work in same possition. like Colossus is compare as original mammoth tank but it cant attack air anyway.

maybe it'll be interesting if i mixed tank/mech in one unit.

Grievous
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy_Master wrote:
i'm so happy when my forum have another discussion out from ROS.but ok now i try to find place to put some tank for GDI but it's hard to consider,because it possible to make some unit are useless. when i design ROS i try to make all unit is useful and different from another side as possible and no another unit can work in same possition. like Colossus is compare as original mammoth tank but it cant attack air anyway.

maybe it'll be interesting if i mixed tank/mech in one unit.

Inspired by Transformers huh Laughing Actually it would be great, but you have to do a real nice transforming sequence.

If you do intend to do it, then wow, we have a unit as fast and stable as a tank and as terrorizing and maneuverable as a mech.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah that's one. i just watch the last Starcraft2 trailer they show new Unit "Viking" that unit can transform between mech/vtol,it will be cool if i have something like that. Very Happy

but now unit transform logic in YR isn't perfect enough for me,i'll wait to see another Npatch update or think for another choice.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like that idea. tank for hard, fast hitting strikes, yet mech for firepower. kinda like the SC2 Viking unit.

Lightstorm
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh i just love it when people ignore my posts, its so fun!

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
if you need ideas for cabal superweapons i could come up with something.
well what idea you have then?

about cyber side i already have,molegular convertor as super weapon that can change living unit to be cyborg,but ok you can tell me about your idea if you have better. Smile

Lightstorm
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'll tell you, you'll need 2 anyway.

Nano-bomb
releases a cloud of nanobots over a large area that melts the base leaving nothing but ore where they were, range same as other 2nd tier superweapons.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ha ha, i see that in Gunnm last order. #Tongue ok but i'll not put it as 2nd tier super weapon,i'll consider to put it. SW in ROS have different power. some can do damage on large area but not much powerful but some point to destroy only small area but can do more damage.

Immortal Lemming
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Full Unit List [Update] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't wait til this comes out. I've seen the screenshots, and they're AMAZING

Anyways, for Cybernetic Cabal, the Construction Yard should be Cabal's Core.

Good luck.

the1corrupted
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I has a suggestion! You make an aircraft that literally deploys and turns into a tank! I don't care who uses it, but that would be just awesome.

As for that GDI tank, they already have an Amphibious APC and that has no weapons. Consider giving it guns?

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In case you didn't know, thi mod is being re-created by Holy_Master, so there he may create a complete new unit list.

Chrono Crusade
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Soul Riper... HAHA a Cybran UNIT XD... No offense =P

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
chenzhihua9999
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: the mod is release Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the mod is release ,when time?

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really hate it when ppl seem to ignore posts made by other ppl Rolling Eyes

NewGuy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why does it say that Juggernaut Hover MLRS.
Did you remove the mech ability? please say no.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

juggernaut for Fire power faction and Hover MLRS for Armor Faction.

NewGuy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ahh now I get it. This unit list is mutch bigger. Its going to take some time, but half of those are done I gues

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i add some description in it. now, you can consider about my list more easier. Smile

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pity GDI and Nod are staying. Good luck though.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love GDI and Nod - awesome stuff Smile

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update Unit Picture!!

Elite_Pirate
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shp > Voxel is an understatement when it comes to eye candy. The vehicles rocks.

NewGuy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

holy_master what happend with the extremely fast mod progress? none for 2 ½ weak Crying or Very sad

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NewGuy wrote:
holy_master what happend with the extremely fast mod progress? none for 2 ½ weak Crying or Very sad

i move to another city to find the job, and i dont have internet to use for now. even this reply i write in net cafe and here not allow me download/upload everything.

after this time my update maybe slower until i have a job.

stephen1341
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I must say this is quite sweet.

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh nice... I thought there are some new updates. #Newbie

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

stephen1341
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh sorry... just a post.

Smegburger
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks BRILLIANT!
Quite a few c&C 3 units though, but that doesn't matter.
And if those cameos are take n from voxels, then this game should be brilliant Very Happy

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No voxels, everything is SHP.

Kitter
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice ) this actually seems to be the most organized and properly balanced TS mod yet Smile (hate those wankers that just clutter eveything with a load of units and ruin the balance)
i've read like through the whole ROS forum just a few mins ago so....

1. how many races will there be?
2.which ones will make it?
3. someone said something about balance issues with NOD firepower and thier artillery - the original TS (not TS:firestorm) had the better balance with the artillery, it was one of the things that made NOD jus so much fun and balanced out thier useless MBT
4. tic - tank ....well....cant say much. it wasnt that strong but like everything for NOD it was how you use it. so you should probably keep it at least for one of the sub-factions
5.Scarab - i liked the old version more. the one with the caterpillars going like side-ways when deployed
6.APC should carry more soldiers (otherwise its kinda pointless)

oh, and i hell loved the idea of post-apoc Punks in the game
....yes i know i seem stuck-up and annoyin )))

anyways, G luck with the new job 'n' stuff

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
1. how many races will there be?
2.which ones will make it?
3. someone said something about balance issues with NOD firepower and thier artillery - the original TS (not TS:firestorm) had the better balance with the artillery, it was one of the things that made NOD jus so much fun and balanced out thier useless MBT
4. tic - tank ....well....cant say much. it wasnt that strong but like everything for NOD it was how you use it. so you should probably keep it at least for one of the sub-factions
5.Scarab - i liked the old version more. the one with the caterpillars going like side-ways when deployed
6.APC should carry more soldiers (otherwise its kinda pointless)

1. first i plan 5 size but i point to make only 2 for now. [make sure i can release it atleast 1 version]

2. now point to work on GDI and Nod if i finish it and have time enough i'll consider to add another faction in plan.

3.Artillery will be in tier3 [tech center] but some faction will have it in tier 2 [Immortal Guard ofr example ] but i try to present some new unit that why i dont bring old TS artillery in to ROS

4. Tick Tank in ROS is more advance than TS it can pare Heavy Tank in Ra1 [ this unit stronger than GDI Goliath Tank but weaker than Titan in Tank mode] and only Immortal Guard will have it because they dont have any stealth and slower than another nod faction but they have more armor. [Nod with heavy armor version #Tongue ]

5. Plan to replance with
- "Spectre Stealth Artillery" same name and work like in C&c3 but different design.

- "Link Cannon" Laser Artillery it can reflect beam between them when deploy to improve fire power [like prism tower].

6. APC can carry only 5 infantry.

as i play with AI i think all unit is useful event EMP Tank if your enemy send spam of Capital unit to your base but you dont have EMP tank = you die.

and this list not already update with [Terra Disruptor , Terra Leviathan and GDI main Faction ]

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon