Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:40 am
All times are UTC + 0
M.A.D Tank
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Axle R.
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 7:48 am    Post subject:  M.A.D Tank Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Remember the old MAD Tank from RA: The Aftermath, I kinda sorta made my own, using the Mobile EMP, I added the tags Damage=100000 and DamageRadius=512 to the PULSEFX1 and PULSEFX2 animations, I then added those animations to the MEMP and then I added the tag Explodes=yes to the unit itself, in a test the tank did its job just like the origional RA version it destroyed itself and then took out the units right next to it, problem is that to destroy units in a certain radius the targets have to literally be right next to the MAD Tank, units further out are just disabled, if I cant figure this thing out then I might just have my very own Demolition/EMP vehicle. I know to some this may just be simple editing but if anyone has any suggestions as to improve this idea then suggest away other wise I will eventually figure it out. Idea

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is that the farthest damage radius? And how close are we talken about here? Like were the tanks destroyed like a tanks length away?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is a way to do the MAD tank without the EMP effect I think, if you want it I can post it up here.

Axle R.
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright Ive messed with this thing long enough lets see the code

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sure! Reply the codes here

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Axle R.
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One Of A Kind wrote:
There is a way to do the MAD tank without the EMP effect I think, if you want it I can post it up here.

Ive also tried increasing the damage radius by setting the "ExpSpread=" tag all the way up to 1000, thats the logic for anything that has the tag "Explodes=yes" and I still only get a damaging effect for a tanks length away. If you don't mind, how do you do it W/O the EMP effect?

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It involves making a unit that deploys into a building but the building has no image. Said building should also have an active anim (again with no image) that produces enough damage, and has a big enough damage radius. The idea being it blows up itself and anything around it. I'm currently scouring the depths of my hard-drive (and it goes deep I can assure you) looking for the code, with any luck i'll post it tomorrow morning

tyrane
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

can someone tell me how to make the mad tank? it sounds really cool

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You know, having the EMP effect actually makes it much more realistic. For example, you could have 15 squares of destruction and then 15 squares that aren't quite destroyed, just disabled.

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes but to do that with one of a kind's idea i think you would need two weapons to go off or something when the buildings deploys and where the emp weapon has a minimum range of the max one of the damage weapon? or something like that....

Da_orky_alchemist
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes Yes! How does the nasty Bagginsssss make a unit deploy into a building and destroy said building as soon as its deployed? He musssst telll, nasty Bagginssss!

With that logic, I am a hairs breth away from my dream... a dropship that deploys Titans or whatnot, one thats under your controll.... yummy....

Axle R.
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No offense, I didn't understand one bit of that Confused , YOU'RE A FREAK DUDE!!! #LOL

P.S: In the immortal words of "Smokey" from the movie "Friday", "You Know I'm just PLAYIN #Silly Laughing

tyrane
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that was kinda confusing
whos bagginness? j/k
can sum1 tell me how to make this tank?
it sounds awesome

Da_orky_alchemist
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 3:35 pm    Post subject: Sorry... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

been watching Lord of the Rings again... you know "What does the nasty bagginssss have in his pocketsssss?" well nevermind...

Whats the process you use to have a unit deploy into a building that automaticaly destroys its self?

My idea was to have a dropship (with jump trooper locomotor so it can deploy) that you can buy. When you deploy it, it becomes an invisible crewed building that gives you a free dropship and automaticaly destroys its self. Upon destroying its self the five crewmen would walk out of the destroyed building and apear to be walking out of your new free dropship. Therefore by changing the crew to a Titan or Wolverine that emulates infantry (only infantry can be building/vehicle crew) you would have a dropship that when deployed would unload 5 titans/wolverines... just like the renforcements in singleplayer...

tyrane
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Sorry... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Da_orky_alchemist wrote:
been watching Lord of the Rings again... you know "What does the nasty bagginssss have in his pocketsssss?" well nevermind......

ohhh ok srry

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You'll have to give me a cpl of days to trawl my backups and see if i can find it. (Numerous hard drive reformats....)

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GRRRR! It's Bagginses! What does the nasty Bagginses have in his pocketses?!

Da_orky_alchemist
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shhhh! What are you doing reading this One Of A Kind? You should be searching for that code!

Axle R.
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You don't need the tank to deploy into anything, all you do is go into the fsart.ini add these two tags to the MEMPFX entry, Damage=100000, DamageRadius=100,<I don't know how high this one goes, now go into the firestrm.ini and add Explodes=yes to the tank, set Damage on the MobileEMPulseWeapon all the way up to 100000, "Or whatever you want it at, lastly just below that entry in the Mobile EMPulse warhead entry set spread to 25, and EMEffect=no. You now have your very own authentic GDI version of the M.A.D Tank. Keep in mind that every time you deploy/fire one of these, it ends up destroying itself probably due to the fact that the tank has nothing to deploy into, next a technician will bail from the tank, just like in Red Alert: The Aftermath, he usually won't survive though. Twisted Evil

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds good, I can't find the other code anyway (or the tutorial I modified it from either strangely enough). I had taken an RA2 tutorial I found somewhere and adapted it but I'll be damned if i can find the thing again...

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Surely Axel R's way will render the Mobile EMP unit pretty crazy, is there a way to add the MAD Tank without effecting any other units weapons

So you can have both a sensible MAD Tanks and MOB EMP ??

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sure, just do the same thing but clone the weapons, warheads and animations. You'll achieve the same results but the original MEMP should stay the same.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon