Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:53 am
All times are UTC + 0
D.E.2k1 -- How to make a minelayer in TS
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [37 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 4:59 pm    Post subject:  D.E.2k1 -- How to make a minelayer in TS Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In DeeZire's forums Dark Elf 2001 asked how to make mine layers. Well, I've got one Idea, ut its not so bright -- for example:
create a unit -- [MINLR] -- , which deploys into a [MINE]. the [MINE] has FreeUnit=[MINLR]
Thats all yet.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He said he did a Mine Layer...

Maybe we can make one too... You gonnna need 1 vehicle and one buiilding for the mine-layer and one building and vehicle for the mine.

The Mine-Layer will have no weapon. It will deploy into a building which uses the same image as him and this new building will free the mine unit.

The mine unit (also a vehicle) will have 1 of strength a scanner weapon (GuardRange=255) with very small range. It will need to deploy to fire. So, it will fastly deploy. The deployed mine will have a weapon with a similar range of a medic. The weapon will have an animation which should explode the own mine and any nearby unit. More info about making a weapon like that in EE's Modding Tutorials, check the one about Demo Truck. You don't need an airburst weapon for that.

Last edited by Banshee on Sun Nov 24, 2002 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

check above and test it. After that, report the results since it wasn't tested yet.

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The great minus of this "project" is that the mine layer will have unlimited ammo and will be able to make a wall of mines Laughing

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

True... any ideas on how to limit it and make it reloadable in the service depot?

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Someone had an idea how to make limited, but non rechargeble ammo, but when ammo ends it earns some kind of a machinegun. I think it was Deezire
Maybe you should use a Grinder logic (YR). I know it is possible to make units exit Grinder, but how to make enter only mine layers (any) and exit only loaded mine layers?

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I aslo have a different idea of making mine layer (but in YR only). Do you remember, brute was made from an anim? So, you could make a deploying vehicle. When it deploys it plays an animation which has MakeInfantry=0 (in artmd.ini). In rulesmd.ini you change AnimToInfantry=BRUTE to AnimToInfantry=MINE, for example. Make an infantry -- [MINE] with speed=0 and close range suicde weapon. Now you can make rechargeble limited ammo.

Same way I have tried to make an engineer deploy and build a sentry gun (like in Team Fortress, but mortar sentry). My artmd.ini coding here:

[MORTAR]
Sequence=SentryGunSequence
Crawls=yes
Remapable=yes
FireUp=2
PrimaryFireFLH=80,0,90

[MORTARMK]
Layer=ground
Report=;InfantryMelt
MakeInfantry=1;0
Shadow=no
StartSound=;GeneticMutatorActivate

My rulesmd.ini coding here:

AnimToInfantry=BRUTE,MORTAR

[MORTAR]
UIName=Name:MORTAR
Name=Auto-Mortar Sentry
Category=Soldier
Primary=Mortar
Prerequisite=GAPILE
CrushSound=InfantrySquish
Strength=125
Pip=white
OccupyPip=PersonYellow
Armor=flak
TechLevel=-1
Sight=6
Speed=0
Owner=British,French,Germans,Americans,Alliance
Cost=400
Soylent=400
Points=10
IsSelectableCombatant=yes
VoiceSelect=ChaosDroneSelect
VoiceMove=
VoiceAttack=ChaosDroneAttackCommand
VoiceFeedback=
VoiceSpecialAttack=ChaosDroneMove
DieSound=ChaosDroneDie
Locomotor={4A582744-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
PhysicalSize=1
MovementZone=Infantry
ThreatPosed=10 ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
ImmuneToVeins=yes
ImmuneToPsionics=yes
VeteranAbilities=STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF,SIGHT,FASTER
EliteAbilities=SELF_HEAL,STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF
Size=1
Crushable=yes
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no

The problem is in that mortar doesn't want to appear. When engineer deploys he only plays the animation -- MORTARMK -- and nothing more. Perhaps, to exist infantry must have minimum speed=1. Then that minelayer which I descripted above will not work. Sad
But perhaps MakeInfantry just supports only one Infantry. Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is just one problem: I was talking about a mine layer in TS :p... but in YR it should be easier to do.

Btw, could you make your sig smaller, please? It takes too much space and it sorta becomes a but annoying..

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

already done Very Happy

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks!

Dethro
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, the ay I described was this:

Vehicle has a deploy-weapon(think Mob EMP).
Weapon has radius of 1(or 0.5 cannot remember, has to be so it only fires directly underneath)
Weapon has ammo of 5, reload at Service Depot(or wherever)
Weapon has an invisible animation.
in art.ini, Animation has toOverlay=(an overlay you will make).
Overlay must be listed in rules.ini list(so add it)
Overlay must have weapon of a mine that you make, and have it range=0(so it is only over it), make it terrain=land(or whatever that piece of code is, I cannot remember right now)

With a bit of checking up on it, it should work.

That is about all there is to it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes, it's really better than my idea above, but won't the animation also damage allied units?

Axle R.
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Screw a minelayer, thats ancient Technology that belongs with RA1, just take the Limpet drone, set it up to detonate when an enemy unit drives or walks over it. if its possible???

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IF that would be possible, every mod would have a minelayer...

The RA1 logic no longer exist even in TS!

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well can't you just modify the limpet drone's weapon to make it do damage? Then give that as the free unit for the minelayer?

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you'll make a minelayer with DeployTo=building, and this building wil have FreeUnit=minelayer, every time it drops a mine, it will restore its health

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

true point, Big Jah....

The best way is Dark Elf´s way that he pointed how which prevents this kind of thing...

Quote:
Weapon has radius of 1(or 0.5 cannot remember, has to be so it only fires directly underneath)
Overlay must have weapon of a mine that you make, and have it range=0(so it is only over it), make it terrain=land(or whatever that piece of code is, I cannot remember right now)

Da_orky_alchemist
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: What I did... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I used the deployed limpet graphic as a clone. it was built at the repair pad and had to be airlifted by a caryall into position where it cloaked and would deploy then detonate when somebody walked up to it.

if you could make it an infantry unit though, with no movement you could load several into a minelayer, unload them where you want them and they would deploy/explode to attack... not bad.

And thinking about it, if you made ti so you can stun the unit before it deploys with EMP an engineer could "defuse" the mines with a special weapon maybe?

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
true point, Big Jah....

The best way is Dark Elf´s way that he pointed how which prevents this kind of thing...

Quote:

Would this, by any chance.............work? Any drawbacks?

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok you can get a mine layer to work in short

make a unit that deploys into a building and gives a free unit

this free unit will be (Minelayer2) and the building will be the mine
this will continue until it reaches minelayer5 (or watver u want) with each building (mine) giving a different unit (minelayer1 2 3 etc)

minelayer5 will be special as it will be unable to deploy but will use the Mobile EMP charge logic and will take a while to charge (you can specify) when its charge, it changes int (minelayer) the one before minelayer1 and the whole system startes over again

Problems: Mine will be proximity, in RA2 u can make it so they are not but it uses the tag
Firestormwallsection=true (or something like that)
as firestorm defence logic doesnt exsist in RA2 its ok and simply allows a unit to tred over the mine
however in TS is will un-doubtly have problems

Secondly (reason its not in TSR) it looks utterly stupid when the minelayer deploys as it appears in a tottaly different near by cell, on top of this if its surrounded by units or buildings it will just disappear

So IMO if this cant be improved its a stupid idea

however TS has the advantage of the Mobile EMP logic thing, which RA2 does not have, however due to lack of modders compared to RA2 no one has even tried (or thought of this) before.
i came up with the mobile emp logic when thinking of adding the unit to TSR a long time back but it will not be included as such for the reason stated

Possible solutions
1.Make the mine a bib (doubt it will make the freeunit appear right) but may allow units to drive over it hence no need for proximity

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're forgetting the main problem, SMIFF. Every time it deploys it automaticly heals itself. I view that bug to outweigh the desired effect... Anyway, I was asking if Dark Elf's solution would work.

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Confused is it possible to give overlay a weapon? I HIGHLY doubt that. In fact, I'm 99% sure it won't work. it's not veins, you know.

- geno -
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey how to put a minelayer in Ra2 or YR

Need Some Codes

i remember in Red Alert 2 Deezire the is a minelayer

Fight for the freedom side, March with the Imperial War Machine or Conquest for World Domination
https://www.facebook.com/YRZH.Mod/
https://www.moddb.com/mods/yr-zero-hour

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh but we are needing a TS one, but anyway I think someone mentioned scrapped MInlayer, we are in TS, we can always create something more futuristic mine stuff... Dunno where to start but I think the Limpet Mine could be worth looking at.. i rarely open firestrm.ini so i dont really know much..

http://www.tiberiumsun.com/tsr/

Damn...Tutorials Links Doesnt Works Anymore

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

genobreaker wrote:
hey how to put a minelayer in Ra2 or YR

Need Some Codes

i remember in Red Alert 2 Deezire the is a minelayer

Hmmmmm, but you do know this is the TS forum right? Try asking over in the RA2 boards, they might be able to help you.

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
Secondly (reason its not in TSR) it looks utterly stupid when the minelayer deploys as it appears in a tottaly different near by cell

Doesn't giving the minelayer a line such as ticktank=yes fix that? I think I used that when I ported the Mob Stealth Gen from Firestorm to TS and I had the same problem, putting that line in fixed it if i remember.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm i cant see it
because it would mean a free unit appearing ontop of a building eg the harvester appearing on TOP of the refinary

i dont think there related, but you could be talking about undeploying units

and you could be right.... ill need to test it

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, there might be a problem with free units, but i think it does fix the "unit deploying in one cell but appearing in another cell" problem.

Dethro
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heh. I posted this so long ago, I can hardly even remember. AFAIK, it worked, but then again, my brain isn't always the best. In theory, it should work.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
E.I.G.
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got an idea about this topic, what if you made the bulding that the minelayer deploys into makes a unit that acts like a mine by haveing a selfdistructing wepon?

The DvD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so it actually creates mine units every time it deploys. yeah that would be possible but it wouldn't make sense cuz you could also buy the mines individually.

E.I.G.
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

can't you make it so the mine can't move or be built

setstyle
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The DvD wrote:
Confused is it possible to give overlay a weapon? I HIGHLY doubt that. In fact, I'm 99% sure it won't work. it's not veins, you know.

Could the overlay be treated as something similar to a vein? For instance, when something goes over it, it's triggered into an explosion instead of the vein animation?

The DvD

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's impossible..

k212
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry to dig up such an old toppic ; but can't you do this : make the minelayer act like a deployable unit, when it deploys,gives a free unit(=Mine) and to limit the mines : ammo=5
then something like : dock=DEPOT (to achieve it reloads ,like an aircrafts docks a helipad

and the for the mine ; give it speed 9999999999 ,so it won't move, and let it explode when an enemy enters a certain radius, and give it the explodes= tag

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^The uit is lose during mine laying... and new one apears.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [37 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon