Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:27 am
All times are UTC + 0
Scrin primal [Not TS its too big maybe ra2?]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [44 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject:  Scrin primal [Not TS its too big maybe ra2?] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes i AM god. before you ask. possibly the biggest voxel ever.

- Attention: #2 Updated Version HERE!

primal.vxl
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  primal.vxl
 Filesize:  161.86 KB
 Downloaded:  651 Time(s)

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well it's bugged. Even OS VXL Viewer gives an error.

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

worked here

IHM
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ho Ho Ho!!! That is big! LOL, i like it though, lol.

Ive sorted a screenie out for you, nothing ammazin.

primal.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  5.74 KB
 Viewed:  21412 Time(s)

primal.jpg

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if somone can get a ingame screen of it it would rock

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will. And actually, the primal IS THAT HUGE! It's the second most powerful unit in the scrin arsenal after the core defender. So, if you don't believe me, look at the primal picture and compare it to the GDI mammoth tank and soldiers on the same pic. So the size is normal but the color should be black.

EDIT: tried the unit ingame, it dosent work! It needs an HVA. Sad

EDIT2: here's a screen form VXLSE III. Can't get it to work ingame #Mad

ART CODE:
[PRIMAL]
Cameo=PRIMICON
Remapable=yes
Voxel=yes

RULES CODE:
[PRIMAL]
UIName=Name:SCRP
Name=Scrin Primal
Image=PRIMAL
Prerequisite=NATECH,NARADR
;Primary=HoverMissile
Primary=FlakTrackGun
Secondary=FlakWeapon
Category=AFV
Strength=900
Armor=heavy
TechLevel=6
Sight=8
Speed=8
CrateGoodie=no
Owner=Russians,Confederation,Africans,Arabs
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no
Cost=1600
Soylent=600
Points=30
ROT=6
Crusher=no
Crewed=no
IsSelectableCombatant=yes
Weight=2
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
VoiceSelect=SeaScorpionSelect
VoiceMove=SeaScorpionMove
VoiceAttack=SeaScorpionAttackCommand
VoiceFeedback=
DieSound=GenSmallWaterDie
MoveSound=SeawolfMoveStart
Locomotor={4A582741-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
MovementZone=Normal
ThreatPosed=25 ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys
VeteranAbilities=STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF,SIGHT,FASTER
EliteAbilities=SELF_HEAL,STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF
ElitePrimary=FlakTrackGunE
EliteSecondary=FlakWeaponE
Size=20

might be because the voxel is primal.vxl and not PRIMAL.vxl. Do you think it's that? Oh and the scrin primal has 3 arms not 2. You forgot the one that's supposed to be in the back. The pic is attached below. But still, in the pic it looks like it's a tib. lifeform. The voxel looks like it's made out of ressources instead than living tissue with tiberium minerals. In my mod, scrin don't principally have their army composed of "LIVING ORGANISMS" or "TIBERIAN LIFEFORMS" Only soldiers (infantry) will be living units. The side that will use biologically enhanced lifeforms with tiberium and other genetic horrors will be CABAL. Yes, his side will be dark and really nice like it was originally planned for TS.

scrinpr.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  72.58 KB
 Viewed:  21380 Time(s)

scrinpr.gif

primal.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  6.51 KB
 Viewed:  21385 Time(s)

primal.gif

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry fixing arms as we speak i didnt see the rear one and id like to see you make a voxel look like living tissue you just plain cant

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know you can't make a living thing out of a voxel. And while you're at, don't forget to resize the voxel. It's too huge to work in both RA2 or TS. (trust me, i tested it in both) And just don't make it living because i hate living units (except animals and infantry). In my mod, scrin are rather technologically advanced. Not biogenetically. (except soldiers of course)

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

your a ztyping idiot and it can work it has less voxels than a kirov

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
your a ztyping idiot and it can work it has less voxels than a kirov

If you don't wanna have your topic locked or any further consequence based on this, you'd better start respecting other people here, rather newbies or oldbies and stop with this kind of decadent attitude here.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

The DvD

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm by the way i tested it and it works absolutely fine here. Like i said i'm gonna use that in TSTW #Tongue. I'll wait for the arm though..

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry banshee and sorry alex05

primal.vxl
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  primal.vxl
 Filesize:  163.56 KB
 Downloaded:  478 Time(s)

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice work there, Ackron! Shocked Way better than the first one.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, that is beautiful and impressive. A great voxel, well done Ackron! Very Happy
I think you've caught the shape of the Primal well, I think what alex was trying to say was giving the texture of the primal something more life like. Its not an easy thing, but given some time I'm sure you could do it.
Wink
But having said that, the voxel is great the way it is, if you work on some texture that is up to you.
Another great voxel, damn fine! Very Happy

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You got it wrong! I meant that the primal is a living vehicle. Though the voxel does not. If you look correctly, you'll see the primal has 4 small eyes. (wich can be seen). I am making a mod. And i wanted to say that the primal voxel is good. Because in my mod, Scrin do not have living vehicles. They use electronic stuff. All genetically enhanced stuff goes to CABAL. now that's what i meant. and the new voxel, it's not what i expected......It's a 100 times better. You even fixed the front of the unit. It looks like in the pic. Go check my post on the graphics hut forum here, in ppm, guys! I need 3 voxels. (primal is done already by ackron) and you will get a beta of my mod when finished enough for beta.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The screenshot of the latest, tooken at OS Voxel Viewer:

Primal.jpg
 Description:
Scrin Primal: New version
 Filesize:  19.35 KB
 Viewed:  21326 Time(s)

Primal.jpg

Major_Gilbear
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Scrin primal [Not TS its too big maybe ra2?] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ackron the mighty wrote:

Nope you're not, and no that isn't the biggest vxl I've seen by a long way.

It is however a very nice effort, and is faithful to the pic you drew inspiration from, so well done Smile

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ARRRGH gilbear! *cowers in fear* but thanks

IHM
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmmm, i think you could maby work on those claw things a bit, maby make them thinner, and longer purhapse?

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and here we have a even better versiion!

primal2.vxl
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  primal2.vxl
 Filesize:  150.81 KB
 Downloaded:  1397 Time(s)

IHM
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh man, thats rockin now dude, its even got its eyes, yay, 10/10 for this one dude.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Incredible, each stage just gets better and better.
Very nice work, well done.

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i think its finished now

The_DArk_l0rd
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is a voxel ever finished enough for you Ackron?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
mavrick
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

noooo it's not finished, look in the real primal pic and then compare it to ackrons, where the primals "elbows" are, ackrons are kinda crab like, hwere as the primals are just fairly skinny.

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

have you seen the latest one?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Attention: Latest Scrin Primal (primal2.vxl) has been restored. All other files were lost atm due to the semiserver move in the middle of the month...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Apache
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Um, sorry, but that isn't the biggest by a longshot. I've made voxels for Tiberian Fate that are way bigger. Maybe I can get ChronoJam to let me show some of them off.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
The DvD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That sounds like a good idea, Apache Smile

Welcome to PPM, by the way.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Scrin primal [Not TS its too big maybe ra2?] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ackron the mighty wrote:

biggest voxel ever huh Rolling Eyes

big_test.jpg
 Description:
A B-36 bomber & H-class battleship I have been working on...
 Filesize:  193.66 KB
 Viewed:  21086 Time(s)

big_test.jpg

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol! But he originally made it for TS, Mig and for TS his voxel is quite big.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy sh*t! MigEater...impressive voxels!! you even did the Swastika perfectly..PERFECTLY! damn amazing job there.

The DvD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree, the swastika is absolutely briliant!

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thx but I make my large voxels in Photoshop so it's easy to do things like the swastika.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Dragon Stein Cole
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That is quite epic in size Smile My minor quibble would be with the top of the voxel, and only one colour being used at the moment.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL
SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Thx but I make my large voxels in Photoshop so it's easy to do things like the swastika.

Ok wats this, photoshop....
have i been living in the dark or something... wats this all about Razz

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LOL! YOU DON'T KNOW WTF IS PHOTOSHOP????!?!?!?!?!??! Laughing OMG!!!!! YOU MUST BE JOKING!!!!! Shocked get it from www.adobe.com Wink

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no you idiot
i have Photoshop CS on my HDD and have used it thousands of times whilst making TSR and other things Rolling Eyes

I didnt know u could make voxels via Photoshop...

geez

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

he means how to use that for voxels, ive used it before as well, the ghetto resize a voxel way and for skinning

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oi dont spam my topic

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

XCC Mixer has the ability to convert PCX images to vxl files, so really you can use a lot of programs to make voxels, even paint…

I’m not surprised you don’t know about it tho, only a few do & it’s mostly just used for doing skinning quickly, I’m about the only one that makes voxels from scratch this way

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what did i just say!

WorrBerd0k3
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ackron the mighty wrote:
oi dont spam my topic

that is what u just said..... Laughing
even SMIFF is in on the spamming, and sk8terkid too! TISK TISK!

btw... it is pretty damn big, and i worship you! O lord of VOXELS!
*cough* *cough*

#2gunfire Now... I know packing 2 .45's aint as good as a Orca Fighter... but i think they'll do some damage on the Jet Puff Man. Smile

The_DArk_l0rd
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All hail Ackron. I bow before youre voxel might.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [44 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!