Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:18 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Frontline Chaos - January 2015 Update
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject:  Frontline Chaos - January 2015 Update Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A new year is upon us, and it is time to show some of the work that has been done behind the scenes for Frontline Chaos.

First of all, let us introduce this lovely couple: the Duke and Duchess. These vehicles are two different offsprings from Revenant research into weaponizing nuclear power into a movable platform. Where one is completely focussed on taking the fight head-on and crush any resistance in the field, the other takes a more distant approach and brings destruction from a range. In-game, they are available at the highest tech tier, and are mutual exclusive: if you choose for one, the other cannot be built for the rest of the match. Due to the research and materials required, there can only be one active on the battlefield at a time.

The choice is yours: do you choose to reinforce your frontline army with the immense firepower and armour of the Duke, or will you choose to bombard your enemies from a distance with the Duchess?

There are few units more effective in direct combat then a Revenant Duke. Its primary armament is a short howitzer gun, which fires nuclear-tipped shells. These shells rip through vehicles and structures alike, and will instantly vaporise any enemy soldier in the impact zone. To compensate for the low rate of fire, two rocket pods are installed on the roof to provide fire while the howitzer is reloading. Lastly, the Duke has room for four passengers to ride and fire from the vehicle, increasing its firepower and versatility even more.

The Duke is equipped with enough armour to take on the heaviest vehicles. The whole vehicle is powered by an experimental nuclear engine. A downside of this, is that it will explode when the Duke sustains critical damage. As a last resort, the engine can be forcibly overloaded. After a few seconds, the reactor inside the engine will detonate with the force of a small nuclear warhead, destroying the Duke and anything nearby.

The Duchess is the Revenant's final answer to siege warfare. The large tracked vehicle is a self-sustaining platform that can carry, fuel and launch tactical nuclear missiles. It has one of the longest ranges of any mobile military vehicles on the battlefield. To fire a missile, it first needs to deploy stabilizers and raise the launch tube. The missile itself is equipped with advanced technologies to confuse and counter any anti-missile systems, to ensure it will hit its intended target. Whatever the target of a launched missile, as soon as the missile's nuclear warhead detonates the target and its surrounding area will be vaporised in nuclear fire.

While a Duchess is heavily armoured for a siege unit, it is still a sitting duck when enemies get within its large minimum range.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Updated the renders a bit after some advice. Textures should be less hidden in the shadows now.

Duke:

View on ModDB

Duchess:

View on ModDB

Also, I would swear I didn't post this in the PPM News Network forums but in the Community News forums instead. It was not my plan to put this on the front page of PPM Confused Unless Banshee moved it, which I doubt.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Surprisingly, I wasn't the one who moved this post to this forum. I usually leave a 'link' when I move posts from Community News to PPM News Network, so people may know that the topic was originally posted in the Community News forum and topics posted there may be moved here.

However, I'd move your post to this place anyway.

Also, I did edit the images, because the site was designed for pictures with 600 pixel wide or less.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your texturing has improved a lot, I look forward to see more.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!