Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:30 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Doom Desire January 2015 Update
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:57 pm    Post subject:  Doom Desire January 2015 Update Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The first update of Doom Desire for 2015 comes earlier than expected, since this one was reserved for December 2014. However, i couldn't make it in time.
The previous update showcased Vintarid units and buildings, this one will show new Paladin units.

Paladin Sudis Regeneration thoughtform. Creates swarms of crystal shards, used both to defense and attack. It is able to regrow itself.

Paladin Fulgur Thunderstorm thoughtform. It can generate large amounts of electricity and discharge it into the ground.

Paladin Ensis Orbital Frame thoughtform. It can attack both aerial and ground targets with its blade, through short-distance teleportation. It has also a secondary attack on deploy.

Paladin Itineris Impact thoughtform. Creates a powerful shockwave that shatters anything in range.

Paladin Lupus This hovering unit is protected by a barrier that greatly reduces any physical damage. Its endurance is boosted in a pack of 2 or more.

There's also a short background story available on ModDB.

Unfortunately, screenshots and text don't really tell much about how units work in practice. So, here's an ingame footage of few Paladins being discovered nearby a city, and what happens after (using, at least for the time being, OmegaBolt's temperate terrain, which is available here).

That's all for this year's first news update. Have a happy New Year!

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice units I like them! Although its hard to notice remap

PPM Halloween Season 2021

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MasterHaosis wrote:

No wonder since its reversed, remap is darker than the crystalline blue hull due to whole unlight colors.

Fancy spinning field is nice but feels occasionally too wide.

Those crystal shards seem to, erm suicide at their target as just vanish? Either way lack of impact anim makes it hard to judge whats goin on xD

I'll say it again..DD continues to be the strangest mod I know  Twisted Evil

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Overall look really nice, voxel look alot like shp and really fit with terrain. these crystal alien remind me the alien in Gundam 00 the movie. - -"

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Amazing work.
Though I want to see your videos in HD (at least 720p). Wink

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the fresh designs, keep 'em coming.

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MasterHaosis wrote:
Some units might have darker remap than others, and i also used a dark side color for some screenshots.
I already started working on insignia that should make it easier to notice your own units, in case remap is not enough (as even in YR it's very hard to spot it on darker maps).

ApolloTD wrote:
Fancy spinning field is nice but feels occasionally too wide.
It's supposed to be wide, it damages all enemy units that get inside.

ApolloTD wrote:
Those crystal shards seem to, erm suicide at their target as just vanish? Either way lack of impact anim makes it hard to judge whats goin on xD
They're supposed to impale their targets, so i didn't want any fancy impact anim. I will add something, i need to finish its other forms of attack anyway.

Holy_Master wrote:
Overall look really nice, voxel look alot like shp and really fit with terrain.
All new units from this update are shps. (surprise, huh?) #Tongue

DaRTzO wrote:
Amazing work.
Though I want to see your videos in HD (at least 720p). Wink
I don't have the screen resolution to make them HD.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

but from what i saw many crystal tank seem to be voxel and i can say they fit very well with shp.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!