Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:20 pm
All times are UTC + 0
XCC Mixer Freezes
Moderators: Community Tools Developpers
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Danvern
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject:  XCC Mixer Freezes
Subject description: It seems that XCC Mixer has an issue with Generals
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just as the title says, XCC mixer freezes when it is scanning for MIX files and it encounters a generals BIG file. The program has worked for me in the past on a older PC, but when I installed it on my new one which had Zero Hour and Generals installed, the utility froze when it said it was reading the window.big file in my Generals directory. The program does not freeze in a way which promotes a generic windows non responding error, but it becomes unresponsive and is unusable except for the window control buttons.

Any one experienced anything similar, and if so have they found a solution?

EDIT: In case a description was not enough, here is a screenshot of the problem:

Screenshot 2014-07-28 18.22.07.png
 Description:
The error at its best.
 Filesize:  65.89 KB
 Viewed:  4515 Time(s)

Screenshot 2014-07-28 18.22.07.png

Allen
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is the Tiberian Sun Editing Forum. You need to go down 2 more.  Smile

C&C in RA-1 Get it here
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30101 100+ Single Player Missions! Now playable on CnCNet 5!

Danvern
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know this is the Tiberian Sun forum, that is where my problem is occuring. I'm trying to mod TS, but there's a problem somehow relating to Generals by chance.

Allen
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So XCC is auto detecting your Generals install and locking up?

C&C in RA-1 Get it here
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30101 100+ Single Player Missions! Now playable on CnCNet 5!

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try deleting 'global mix cache.dat'; that usually fixes any start-up crashes.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm pritty sure it's not a issue with Generals, it does stupid retarded shit like this randomly, go to the XCC installation folder and delete global mix cache.dat, that always fixes it

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

Danvern
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Deleted it, tried again, still gets stuck on Window.big

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It doesn't get stuck. It just takes long. You need to let it go through that scan once, then the next times it'll start faster (I think). Just let it sit there for a while.

A way around it is to hold [shift] while starting XCC. That'll skip the startup scan. But that obviously means you won't have access to detected files like colour palettes and such.

Danvern
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Left it on overnight, still reading the same file. The shift key works and the program is responsive while loading, but it says the same thing.

Allen
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just because it say reading file dosen mean it really is.

XCC Mixer will say reading after it has read the last file. My will say Reading C:\WESTWOOD\REDALERT\WOLAPI.MIX tell I have it do a new task like right click to bring up the convert list than it will say Ready.

C&C in RA-1 Get it here

Danvern
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep, that fixed it. Thanks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum