Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:17 am
All times are UTC + 0
HyperPatch 0.3: the day that Aircraft Transport bug is gone!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject:  HyperPatch 0.3: the day that Aircraft Transport bug is gone!
Subject description: This patch has arrived almost 14 years late, but Kane is still pleased.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone, specially Tiberian Sun modders. Today is a happy day, a very happy one. One of the bugs that haunted me for years when I modded Tiberian Sun is now history... at least if you download and use the latest HyperPatch v0.3, created by CCHyper. Here's his words on it:

Quote:
Second official release of the HyperPatch project. This version contains a fix (hopefully) for the bug that has plagued many modders for years and years, the "Orca Transport" bug.

Bittah has tested this feature of the new patch, so many thanks to him! But I would appreciate any feedback, and will try to fix any arising problems as soon as possible.

So, the changelog is as simple as stated below:

Quote:
; ***** PATCH INFORMATION 0.3 *****

BUG FIXES/EXPERIMENTAL:
- A human controlled AircraftType that is able to carry passengers would get it's target cell
 corrupted, resulting in the Aircraft never landing. This is now fixed.

Anyway, if you still mod Tiberian Sun, what are you waiting for, to download it? The download link? Oh yea, of course, here it is:

- Download HyperPatch v0.3.

For more information and support, use the HyperPatch Forums. Enjoy it!

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I made a video to commemorate the accomplishment a while ago. I'll upload it when I get the chance. Very Happy

Last edited by Aro on Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:57 am; edited 1 time in total

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very, very cool.

Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry to dissapoint out,but it's not working on me.After I applied the No-CD patch,the aircraft bug remains.Do I have to use the game disk?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I checked once again just to be sure and I can confirm that air transports really do work (and that is with the No-CD patch applied).

Are you sure you actually patched the HPv0.3 exe or did you actually just replace it with a patched exe?
To confirm you're really using HyperPatch, start the game and check if you can see "HYPERPATCH V0.2 BY CCHYPER" in red letters in the bottom left corner (yes, it says v0.2 and not v0.3).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To tell you the truth,the no-cd patch was nothing but a simple no-cd .exe file.You mean that I have to install an older version of HP,or something similar?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Let me ask you; if HP is already a simple .exe file and you replace that .exe file with another .exe file, then where is HP?

You need to patch HP's exe with the No-CD hack.
To do this you can use TFD Tiberian Sun mod-exe fix; place tfd_ts203modfix.exe in the same directory as your HP GAME.EXE file is in and then simply drag that GAME.EXE on top of tfd_ts203modfix.exe to patch it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
Let me ask you; if HP is already a simple .exe file and you replace that .exe file with another .exe file, then where is HP?

You need to patch HP's exe with the No-CD hack.
To do this you can use TFD Tiberian Sun mod-exe fix; place tfd_ts203modfix.exe in the same directory as your HP GAME.EXE file is in and then simply drag that GAME.EXE on top of tfd_ts203modfix.exe to patch it.

To tell you the truth(again),I placed the HP game.exe file in TS directory,after I realised I did something wrong.But,when I dragged it to the no-cd patch to the HP game.exe,to apply the patch,it started the game,only to get a"Failed to initialize" error,or similar.

Note:Nevermind,I solved it.Now it really works!!!Thanks for the instructions my friend.And btw,sorry if I pissed you off,or interrupted you.

Oh,and something last.Now with that aircraft transport bug gone,we can finally build(and control) Orca Transports and Dropships,without the fear of the bug?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You didn't piss me off; I just tried to explain the situation as clearly as possible.

And yes, this is exactly what the fix is for; to fix the flight behavior of any kind of infantry transport aircraft, which of course includes the Orca Transport and Dropship.

Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah,ok then.I just...didn't understand how to install it from the beginning,because this is the first time I'm using the Hyper Patch(I never used it before).But now...I'm gonna have a good use of it. I already tried it ingame(with Orca Transport and Dropship),and it's amazing!!!Althought the Dropship lacks a cameo image(this is the least of my worries.since I can search in Google for a good Dropship cameo).

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OMFG is this shit for real? I shall now worship the ground you walk on.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

CabalCore
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm using the new HyperPatch with the Graphics Patch and I'm just LOVING IT!!!

This is just fantastic! Very Happy

Would there be a way to make the transports carry vehicles in the future? :O

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This patch fixes the pathfinding of airtransports, so they don't bug out when they're asked to do stuff.  So making airtransports carry other types of unit would be a somewhat unrelated hack.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
This patch fixes the pathfinding of airtransports, so they don't bug out when they're asked to do stuff.  So making airtransports carry other types of unit would be a somewhat unrelated hack.

Ah ok, I was just curious. Smile

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He's finally done it! time to celebrate

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're right!!! Let the celebration begin!!!

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been drinking for so ztyping long now everyday is St. Patty's day. But today (or whatever day the patch was made available, hack, whatever you call this  miracle), I am PROUD to be Irish.

Cheers! Celebrating ad infinitum.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Better late than never: Congrats on the release!

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol glad to see this one finally fixed, no need to waste time trying to work around it anymore. Though what happens if you have an armed transport? When it runs out of ammo and goes to reload on a helipad, what if it has passengers inside? Can it reload normally and is not allowed to evacuate the infantry on the helipad (which would make them disappear?). You'd also be forced to choose the pips to either display the passengers or ammo?

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ah, superjoe... already thinking of ways to break it again #Tongue

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These were the observations with HyperPatch 0.3 during paradrop testing:
(with dummy weapon and infantry passengers only. No CarryAll, so correct me if some case is wrong)
- Cannot load passengers when aircraft is on pad (helipad). Has to be on ground for pickup.
- Pipscale ammo (green color) doesn't decrease when there are passengers in plane, so may have to use only PipScale=Passengers for correct indication
- Needs ammo to do paradrop. Without ammo it acts like transport without weapon. If it has ammo and without passengers, it attacks without paradrop.
- If ammo gets exhausted before all passenger paradrop, they remain in the plane. They can disembark from plane.
- Reload happens normally on pad, passengers don't disappear, they remain in plane. Unloading passengers when docked makes them disappear.
- If there are passengers after exhausting ammo, plane would land on ground (not on pad). Human player can make it dock on pad manually.
(Not tried with secondary weapon and also not explored AI possibilities yet).
- If plane paradrops all passengers and then ammo gets exhausted, then plane would dock on pad automatically if available.

The above cases are with the plane having the Dock tag. The case of AI transport plane without Dock tag having side effect in HyperPatch is mentioned in 0.3 release thread. But it is certainly good to have this annoying bug fixed over the minor side effect.

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:

- Reload happens normally on pad, passengers don't disappear, they remain in plane. Unloading passengers when docked makes them disappear.

This is the only thing that can cause serious issues. If you don't have Short Game on and a player makes passangers disappear, that player can no longer lose due to the game thinking the infantry are still alive (when they simply no longer exist). Unless HP has adjusted it too.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just quickly tested it and it seems this issue indeed does still exist in HP. Unloading infantry while the aircraft is docked on a helipad makes them disappear and if Short Game is disabled, even surrendering won't make you lose the game (you then also can't abort the game anymore, so the only way you can then still leave the match is by forcibly quitting the game via the task manager).

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!