Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:52 am
All times are UTC + 0
My plan for Ares 0.5
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 4 [173 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Double post because not related to testing

It is nice to see secial fill animation working for storage silo as it was in TS.
I dont know if it was your code or was it working before but unused. However I was willing to suggest to do something in similar way with vanila RA2 unused refinery animatons (garefnl1, garefnl2, garefnl3, garefnor).

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay my report...
OverlayExplodeThreshold seems work fine
Debris.Chance works well
Warhead are seemingly obeyd as expected.
Chainreaction is indeed triggered according to rings but I am slightly confused here....

Basicly If I have two units and they both get destroyed and release debris with tiberiumchainreaction..it seems to trigger chainreaction that instantly vaporises them all along most of the field but if 1 unit only is killed in middle of the ore/tib field, then most of ore/tib remains unharmed while the ring anims appear afterwards on the fields but nothing seems to happen to the particular tiberium on those spots???

Basicly, whenever I see the rings, nothing actually is happening to the fields by then apart from rings appearing...Is the rings supposed to show something happening the moment they draw as surely I get nothing unless its initial big blast that vaporises all but even so, rings always come later... ???

Rings give me a thought tho...maybe they could be added as customizable option Smile

Also chainreaction fails to trigger entirely (can't get rings to appear no matter what) if the particular ore/tib (I used aboreus) is spawned by tiberiumspawntype method...(?)
debris.chance and everything else works in that case but chainreaction not, requires grown ore or some special rules to this???

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you, much appreciated! So you used the VC++ 2013 binary with no problems?

Regarding Explosive damage: Whatever you do, an empty harvester will never blow up (0 hitpoints) and a full harvester always deliver Power*Tiberium hitpoints. Either Power= is high (then there's a huge difference between full and empty) or Power= is low (then what's the difference?). If I add something like a base damage, you have a much more fine-grained control over the logic, and it should be easier to balance. But if there's no demand, I'll wait.

Regarding (Tiberium) Chain Reaction:
A) TiberiumChainReaction=yes should work regardless of ChainReaction=yes on the overlay.

B) ChainReaction= (the INVISO/RING anims) is triggered whenever a cell is attacked (if overlay is Tiberium=yes, then the warhead also needs Tiberium=yes).

TCR=yes forces the debris-spawning explosion effect. You can set this on explosion anims if you want certain explosions to always trigger this effect. Otherwise you could use ChainReaction=yes and make the ExplosionWarhead= trigger TCR (using AnimList, Particles or whatever). Any warhead that could damage Tiberium would then potentially start a reaction, so the latter approach would be less typing.

edit: Boy, am I smart. We're at page 3 already, and I didn't see that. The answer above was for Gangster's first post.

Gangster: I didn't touch Silo fill states, that was all there already. I don't know about unused animations. Have to look.

Apollo: Thank you for testing!

TCR always removes the Tiberium from the cell completely.

The RING anims replace the INVISO anims in that test build, so they should have no effect whatsoever. That is, aside from the explosion. INVISO is used to delay-propagate the explosion effect. I switched to RING because I heard people weren't seeing CR doing anything, and the rings show where the cells are affected. Originally, INVISO is responsible for doing something fancy. IIRC it has Damage=1, so this triggers chain reactions on the neighbour cells. You could give it some other effects.

For chain reactions to happen ChainReaction=yes is required on the overlay, and the overlay has to have grown beyond the first step. Certainly I could make the CR anim customizable, maybe even taking an AnimList with multiple items. This is something for the next version, as this one is pretty much complete.

----
Another new binary:
- Tiberium Spill fix (related to Storage= on buildings)
- Alpha lights update (shouldn't crash any more for alpha lights on animations)

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello mortals! I am back again Very Happy
Thanks to AlexB, who fixed issue as I could not test new version of Ares after 3.0. Two night ago, we worked whole night to solve problem, yesterday we also talked lot until 6 AM, and I promised him that I will test some features.

Tiberium Damage

Here, Tiberium Damage works as supposed.
[Riparius]
Name=Tiberium Riparius
Image=1
Power=0
Value=25
Growth=2200
GrowthPercentage=.06
Spread=2200
SpreadPercentage=.06
Color=NeonGreen ; **WARNING**: If you change this color, notify Bret_a
Damage=5
Heal.IStep=2
Heal.Delay=.010

; These are Gems
[Cruentus]
Name=Tiberium Cruentus
Image=2
Value=50
Growth=10000
GrowthPercentage=0
Spread=10000
SpreadPercentage=0
Power=0 ;10
Color=NeonBlue ; **WARNING**: If you change this color, notify Bret_a
Debris=CRYSTAL1,CRYSTAL2,CRYSTAL3,CRYSTAL4
Damage=10
Heal.IStep=3
Heal.Delay=.010

And as supposed, Blue Tiberium damages more than green one. You notice that Intitiates have less health when standing over blue. Also, while moving, only few in green area survived.
But note that Tiberium damage is not like radiation or virus to damage all time constantly. It just damages once when units enter cell occupied by tiberium. So they can stay there forever without any harm. But once they move to next cell, it will damage them again.
Perhaps AlexB also clould make that optinal if someone likes constant damage which is more logical.

Tiberium Custom Warheads

Here as you can see,Infantry are melting in green tiberium with green color (which is hardly visible), in blue tiberium with blue color thanks to custom warhead which can have custom animation haha!
Here is how looks like my code, first one is used by green tiberium, second one for blue, they are basically clones of [HE] warhead which originally was used in TS.
[TibWH]
CellSpread=.5
PercentAtMax=.5
Wall=yes
Wood=yes
Verses=100%,100%,100%,70%,70%,35%,75%,40%,20%,80%,100%
Conventional=yes
Rocker=no
InfDeath=7
AnimList=XGRYSML1,XGRYSML2,EXPLOSML,XGRYMED1,XGRYMED2,EXPLOMED,EXPLOLRG,TWLT070
Deform=10%
DeformThreshhold=300
Tiberium=yes
Sparky=no

[TibWH2]
CellSpread=.5
PercentAtMax=.5
Wall=yes
Wood=yes
Verses=100%,100%,100%,70%,70%,35%,75%,40%,20%,80%,100%
Conventional=yes
Rocker=no
InfDeath=7
AnimList=XGRYSML1,XGRYSML2,EXPLOSML,XGRYMED1,XGRYMED2,EXPLOMED,EXPLOLRG,TWLT070
Deform=10%
DeformThreshhold=300
Tiberium=yes
Sparky=no
InfDeathAnim=BLUEDIE

TiberiumHeal

Here, as you can see, I damaged Brute with Gattlng Trooper. Moments later, his health got restored when standing over tiberium.
When standing over blue, he heals faster. Note that infantry must have TiberiumProof=yes so they wont take damage while healing as tiberium heal alone does not make them proof.

Tiberium Spill

As you can see, Brute got killed from that Gattling Trooper, and upon death, he scattered tiberium because he heals in Tiberium.
But problem is that I did not want him to release tiberium upon death, I put TiberiumSpill=no on Brute, still no effect.
AlexB, you should fix that.

Visceroid logic

I do not know how to activate infantry to turn into visceroids when die, but I made that grizzly tank small visceroid, and Apocalypse large one.
As you can see on startup of game, grizzlies are near each other, moments later, two pair were merging into 2 apocalypses.
So two small visceroids indeed create large one when they hit each other.
But problem is that TS did not intend to have visceroids under human control, they were vehicle types which wander around all time around, they travel lot, so now its hardly to control them if you can get them.
I would make infantry type which is visceroid anyway which would be created upon infantry's death via mutation or whatever.

Tiberium Explosive

I do not know what is wrong here, I enabled it, and gave terrorist warhead, then I destroyed miner, and as you can see, there is no mini nuke explosion.
TiberiumExplosive=yes
TiberiumExplosiveWarhead=TerrorBombWH
So, what did I miss?

PipScale=Tiberium and Storage System

Here, I enabled Refinery.UseStorage=yes for refinery to check this stuff.
And as you can see, (starting from left to right, then bottom left and right), first time after creation, Refinery was empty. As Harvester loaded Tiberium each time, Refinery brgan to fill.
But problem occured after half or so, then something went wrong with animations as you can see. When Refinery was filled, harvester loded more money but I did not get anything on account which means that I had to create another one.
I made another one, then it was again empty. And once it was full at that stage, Refinery lost anim, as you can see it has missing parts too.
Once I destroyed first Refinery, I lost money on account as supposed. But problem is with missing animation or whatever.
Also, AlexB, you may add optional code to Refineries NoFilledUnload=yes, so Miners wont get unload cursor anymore in filled Refinery.

AlexB, thats it related tiberium stuff, as I told you that I will test.
Do not forget to fix TiberiumHeal=yes to work on ballon hover units as I wish to put it on FLoating disc and alien aircraft.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MasterHaosis wrote:
As you can see, Brute got killed from that Gattling Trooper, and upon death, he scattered tiberium because he heals in Tiberium.
But problem is that I did not want him to release tiberium upon death, I put TiberiumSpill=no on Brute, still no effect.
AlexB, you should fix that.
Those tags are totally unrelated to each other.

TiberiumHeal=yes
Quote:
When technos that have TiberiumHeal=yes are destroyed, they leave behind a random amount of tiberium.
TiberiumSpill=yes
Quote:
The current implementation (lifted from Tiberian Sun) can spill up to 9 'bails', depending on Storage currently used.

TiberiumSpill=yes is only for objects that can store resources. I agree that it should be made customizable if TiberiumHeal=yes units leave resources behind when hey get killed (because not everyone will want that on their units, as evident here), but with this implementation, it's working as intended.

MasterHaosis wrote:
Also, AlexB, you may add optional code to Refineries NoFilledUnload=yes, so Miners wont get unload cursor anymore in filled Refinery.
The aim of what he did was recreating how it works in TS, and there, harvesters could still unload on filled refineries. In fact, if a refinery is filled, any ore is simply transferred to another unfilled storage structure. You don't lose any money with that, so I don't see why a refinery should get "locked" only because it got filled.

MasterHaosis wrote:
Do not forget to fix TiberiumHeal=yes to work on ballon hover units as I wish to put it on FLoating disc and alien aircraft.
Why would he "fix" that to make them work, if just recently he released a build with a fix to prevent that from working?
Anyway, how are aircrafts supposed to be healed in tiberium, if they fly high above the ground, where tiberium can't reach them? #Tongue

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MasterHaosis wrote:

I have seen something like this in Tiberium Wars: When the Rafinery is full the harvister will go to empty rafinery and unload there and if there is no empty place to unload it will stop mining until you spend some money or you build more rafineryes/silos.

I like this idea.  Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for all the testing!

I'm not sure when I'll come to that, but TiberiumHeal also spreading Tiberium is indeed something I'd like to make customizable. This means both ways: Disabling spreading on TiberiumHeal=yes as well as enabling spreading if TiberiumHeal=no. It is a small thing that shouldn't require much testing. Maybe I can do that in a week or so.

Constant Tiberium damage would be a totally new logic. It's not that I just apply it once because I want to, then ignore it until the unit moves. The damage is done when a unit goes from one cell into another. It is not checked every frame like radiation. This would also require new tags to define the interval.

TiberiumExplosive: The Warhead's anim isn't created, it's just there to deliver the damage. You can define explosion animations per unit type, if you want to.

For the refineries: Haven't found the problem yet. But mevitar is right. Tiberium is put into all silos, not just the refinery the miner dumps it into. (Would make silos obsolete, wouldn't it?)

Healing on Tiberium: An extra tag like TiberiumHeal.IgnoreHeight on the BalloonHover unit? A tag on each Tiberium to customize the heal height? The same for damage also? So many new tags...

-------------
I'm currently preparing yet another branch, which will contain some assorted features. It's some minor changes to Alpha Lights, some more logging and checks. I'll write a list when I upload the binary. This branch will then be used to merge the Tiberium and Cloak branches in, which should happen soon.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PillBox20 wrote:
I have seen something like this in Tiberium Wars: When the Rafinery is full the harvister will go to empty rafinery and unload there and if there is no empty place to unload it will stop mining until you spend some money or you build more rafineryes/silos.

Thanks for reply.
Exactly, thats how it should work.

PillBox20 wrote:

Thank you man Very Happy

mevitar, thank you for replying and fixing me in some therms.

mevitar wrote:
TiberiumSpill=yes is only for objects that can store resources. I agree that it should be made customizable if TiberiumHeal=yes units leave resources behind when hey get killed (because not everyone will want that on their units, as evident here), but with this implementation, it's working as intended.

Yes, I know that it is intended to work as this, but I just said that I wanted to disable that for Brute, but I could not. Yes, it was useless to try with that tag, but there is no tag atm to prevent this.
Its mostly because of logic or simply, people's taste. Not every tiberium organism is made from Tiberium itself, even if it heals in tiberium. Sure, Tiberium Fiend and some other tiberium animals oralien units could have tiberium organs, therefore scatter tiberium after death, but humans/mutants influenced with it does not necessery have organs from it.

mevitar wrote:
In fact, if a refinery is filled, any ore is simply transferred to another unfilled storage structure. You don't lose any money with that, so I don't see why a refinery should get "locked" only because it got filled.

Well, it should get locked just to prevent Harvester to fill it again if you do not have silos or other refinery.
I did not mean completely to lock refinery for all time once it gets filled, I just meant to lock refinery until you build another one or silo as it is pointless to unload again and again because you wont get any money.

mevitar wrote:
Anyway, how are aircrafts supposed to be healed in tiberium, if they fly high above the ground, where tiberium can't reach them? #Tongue

Well, thats why I want to use TiberiumHeal=yes on Floating Disc and some alien aircraft. Floating Disc itself has siphon to drain power from power plants or disable defenses or steal credits, therefore, hovering over Tiberium, disc may drain it's power/energy via that siphon, and use it to repair itself. Upon destruction it also may scatter tiberium.

AlexB wrote:

You are welcome. I am glad that I could help little.

AlexB wrote:
I'm not sure when I'll come to that, but TiberiumHeal also spreading Tiberium is indeed something I'd like to make customizable. This means both ways: Disabling spreading on TiberiumHeal=yes as well as enabling spreading if TiberiumHeal=no. It is a small thing that shouldn't require much testing. Maybe I can do that in a week or so.

Yes, do it then. Or even simplier, you could just name it TiberiumScatter=yes, so we can put it on units which we want to scatter tiberium upon death.

AlexB wrote:
Constant Tiberium damage would be a totally new logic. It's not that I just apply it once because I want to, then ignore it until the unit moves. The damage is done when a unit goes from one cell into another. It is not checked every frame like radiation. This would also require new tags to define the interval.

Then do not waste time on it. yes, you told me yesterday about that, that it would need to check every frame like radiation and virus cloud. I forgot.

AlexB wrote:
TiberiumExplosive: The Warhead's anim isn't created, it's just there to deliver the damage. You can define explosion animations per unit type, if you want to.

I did not notice that it dealth any damage to nearby Lasher Tanks, thats why I put Miner so close to them. Ah damn! Perhaps I left original Power=0, as you said that power of tiberium type determinates damage.
But maybe it is good idea also to make optional if explosion will use anim from explosion warhead.

AlexB wrote:
For the refineries: Haven't found the problem yet.

I will check this later if I get time, this and tiberium explosive again.

AlexB wrote:
But mevitar is right. Tiberium is put into all silos, not just the refinery the miner dumps it into.

Well, as I just explained, I did not mean to lock Refinery for all time once it got full, just to lock it to prevent Harvester to unloading before you create silo or new refinery.

AlexB wrote:
(Would make silos obsolete, wouldn't it?)

Not exactly, as you told me yesterday that AI is dumb towards silos, so I doubt that he will be able to create multiple of them. Thats why I plan to make huge silos, 4x4 for example which cost more, but can store much more money, so AI can build one or two of them.

AlexB wrote:
Healing on Tiberium: An extra tag like TiberiumHeal.IgnoreHeight on the BalloonHover unit? A tag on each Tiberium to customize the heal height? The same for damage also? So many new tags...

Not for damage as I doubt that anyone would use tiberium damage on aircrafts as it obviosly cannot hurt them unless they land. But TiberiumHeal.IgnoreHeight sounds nice. Only if you have more free time, as this is not so important or necessery now, but I would use it if it is here.

I will check out few things later if I got time.

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MasterHaosis wrote:
PillBox20 wrote:

Thanks for reply.
Exactly, thats how it should work.

PillBox20 wrote:

Thank you man Very Happy

mevitar, thank you for replying and fixing me in some therms.

mevitar wrote:

Yes, I know that it is intended to work as this, but I just said that I wanted to disable that for Brute, but I could not. Yes, it was useless to try with that tag, but there is no tag atm to prevent this.
Its mostly because of logic or simply, people's taste. Not every tiberium organism is made from Tiberium itself, even if it heals in tiberium. Sure, Tiberium Fiend and some other tiberium animals oralien units could have tiberium organs, therefore scatter tiberium after death, but humans/mutants influenced with it does not necessery have organs from it.

mevitar wrote:
In fact, if a refinery is filled, any ore is simply transferred to another unfilled storage structure. You don't lose any money with that, so I don't see why a refinery should get "locked" only because it got filled.

Well, it should get locked just to prevent Harvester to fill it again if you do not have silos or other refinery.
I did not mean completely to lock refinery for all time once it gets filled, I just meant to lock refinery until you build another one or silo as it is pointless to unload again and again because you wont get any money.

mevitar wrote:

Well, thats why I want to use TiberiumHeal=yes on Floating Disc and some alien aircraft. Floating Disc itself has siphon to drain power from power plants or disable defenses or steal credits, therefore, hovering over Tiberium, disc may drain it's power/energy via that siphon, and use it to repair itself. Upon destruction it also may scatter tiberium.

AlexB wrote:

You are welcome. I am glad that I could help little.

AlexB wrote:

Yes, do it then. Or even simplier, you could just name it TiberiumScatter=yes, so we can put it on units which we want to scatter tiberium upon death.

AlexB wrote:

Then do not waste time on it. yes, you told me yesterday about that, that it would need to check every frame like radiation and virus cloud. I forgot.

AlexB wrote:

I did not notice that it dealth any damage to nearby Lasher Tanks, thats why I put Miner so close to them. Ah damn! Perhaps I left original Power=0, as you said that power of tiberium type determinates damage.
But maybe it is good idea also to make optional if explosion will use anim from explosion warhead.

AlexB wrote:
For the refineries: Haven't found the problem yet.

I will check this later if I get time, this and tiberium explosive again.

AlexB wrote:
But mevitar is right. Tiberium is put into all silos, not just the refinery the miner dumps it into.

Well, as I just explained, I did not mean to lock Refinery for all time once it got full, just to lock it to prevent Harvester to unloading before you create silo or new refinery.

AlexB wrote:
(Would make silos obsolete, wouldn't it?)

Not exactly, as you told me yesterday that AI is dumb towards silos, so I doubt that he will be able to create multiple of them. Thats why I plan to make huge silos, 4x4 for example which cost more, but can store much more money, so AI can build one or two of them.

AlexB wrote:

Not for damage as I doubt that anyone would use tiberium damage on aircrafts as it obviosly cannot hurt them unless they land. But TiberiumHeal.IgnoreHeight sounds nice. Only if you have more free time, as this is not so important or necessery now, but I would use it if it is here.

I will check out few things later if I got time.

It's good too see you're back, and thanks a lot for the explains! Very Happy

AlexB, can you joined Cloak and Dagger with Tiberium Fun???

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

deathreaperz wrote:
AlexB, can you joined Cloak and Dagger with Tiberium Fun???

AlexB wrote:
I'm currently preparing yet another branch, which will contain some assorted features. [...] This branch will then be used to merge the Tiberium and Cloak branches in, which should happen soon.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

deathreaperz wrote:
It's good too see you're back, and thanks a lot for the explains! Very Happy

Thanks man, I am glad to see you too.

AlexB, now this is interesting.
I tested storage logic on both Allied and Soviet refineries and I got different visual results by each stage how is refinery filled.

I made both refineries so you can see difference. Second (right upper one) is full filled, and first one is shown by stages.
In Soviet case, You see empty refinery, then it has gold in front, then it has lot of gold, 3 stages overall.
Allied is interesting. It starts almost empty visually, then it got very little gold, then it got more, then when full it lost completely all gold visually.
That has to do with some anims perhaps.

Also, I checked Miner blowing thing when filled with tiberium.
I mistaken before, I forgot to increase power on tiberium.
Now it works. Guys, Power=0 by default, you need to enhance it.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ MasterHaosis
Oh, so storage animation on refineries does used by game once Storage logic enabled. I sould check it by myself, before request a fix.

To me in seems it shoul have four stages: empty, narefnl1, narefnl2, narefnl3.
narefnor (ore falls out) animation seems should be played if harveter unloads at already full refinery

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The stage thing works perfectly, it just needs four frames. The issue is that the storage frames cannot be animated to my knowledge and Active nor IdleAnims play beyond the first (empty) stage. It seems impossible to have both visual storage and animated refineries.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
The stage thing works perfectly, it just needs four frames. The issue is that the storage frames cannot be animated to my knowledge and Active nor IdleAnims play beyond the first (empty) stage. It seems impossible to have both visual storage and animated refineries.

In TS you could enable some blinking lights on top of the Silos and the fill-anim still worked afaik.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've looked at the TS code and SHPs and can't see a difference. I don't remember if the lights played after the first stage in TS or not.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
I've looked at the TS code and SHPs and can't see a difference. I don't remember if the lights played after the first stage in TS or not.

You had to enable them manually as they weren't used in unmodded TS (as with many of these small anims).

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe it was because of this then.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt, Dutchygamer, so what do zou think that problem is here then?
Missing anims?
AlexB said last night, thatits because game isn't intended to have storage

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MasterHaosis wrote:
OmegaBolt, Dutchygamer, so what do zou think that problem is here then?
Missing anims?
AlexB said last night, thatits because game isn't intended to have storage

Dunno, I just wanted to mention that afaik generic anims and filling anims did work side-by-side in TS.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i seem to remember in TS that the silo fill anim worked fine...... however the damaged stage fill anim never worked. It simply continued to display the non damaged fill anim over the top of the damaged silo).

It should have displayed the tiberium pouring out onto the ground, however this anim went unused.

Hope this info helps somewhat with this discussion.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

to clarify a few things

-silo fill anim and normal activeanims work fine together. The vanilla TS code only had a wrong ZAdjust for the activeanim, why it wasn't shown ingame. (TS:UMP fixes that)

-the damaged fill anim however has a serious bug in TS as this isn't updated correct. When damaged, the normal fill anim is shown until the silo is repaired. Once a repair step is done on the silo, the fill anim recognizes it has to show the damage version and switches to this one.
The same is true for several other anims like the PreProductionAnim on a warfactory. So partially the damage version does work.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MUHAHAHAH MORTALS!

AlexB just released a new updated branch in Tiberium fun, and I am gladly that I am first one to test it in 3:45 AM!
TiberiumRemains=yes/no
Default is yes on units which heals in tiberium. If you do not want such unit to scatter tiberium upon destruction, then put TiberiumRemains=no.
If you want unit which does not heal in tiberium to scatter it anyway, then put TiberiumRemains=yes on that unit.

Those Initiates does not heal in Tiberium but has TiberiumRemains=yes, then I killed many of them, and as you can see, there is green Tiberium scattered beneath them.

Those Brutes heal in Tiberium, but I added TiberiumRemains=no on them, there are 5 of them and their friend Gattling Trooper. Then Gattling Trooper killed 3 Brutes, 2 left alive, and as you can see indeed they did not scatter Tiberium beneath. So I assume new tag is working.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

General note: The following binaries will be compiled with VC++ 2013, which needs the new runtime files. VC++ 2013 works on the same operating systems as VC++ 2012, but it supports more features I really like to use. It's more fun to get the latest stuff.

Apropos latest stuff: The current binaries are compiled for SSE (which is  a feature of CPUs). The previous builds were compiled for SSE2. So, if Ares/YR just disappeared after launch without any error message, this might now work.

New binaries!

ft-tiberium's addition has been showcased already, though I'll mention it here still:
[TechnoType]TiberiumRemains= (boolean, defaults to [TechnoType]TiberiumHeal)
Whether this unit leaves behind Tiberium when destroyed. This was tied to TiberiumHeal=yes in Tiberian Sun and it did not work for the Veteran or Elite abilities.

---

There's also the new branch with the self-centered name: AlexB's 0.5 Stuff Branch (alex05). Some features have been lying around for one and a half year or longer, so it really is time to include them. When the features are verified as working, I'll merge in the other branches. The sooner, the earlier, as the thesaurus says.

Fancy new toys:

• Better support for alpha lights on animations, though they still aren't fully supported
  • The log line "Looping Movie" has been disabled
  • debug.log is copied in case an RE occurs (untested)
  • Customize whether enemies can see veteran insignia (global and per type)
  • Customizable Unit Lost message
  • Restored C4 veteran ability
  • Crash-safe Infantry linking not just for infantry
  • Added customizable Engineer and Technician to Side
  • Ripples don't cause weird rocking any more
  • Customizable Technician and Engineer crew spawn chance

Changed defaults:

• AI.BaseDefenseCounts: uses the latest default value, instead of copy of rules' global tags
  • AI.BaseDefenses: uses the latest default value, instead of copy of rules' global tags
  • Crew and DefaultDisguise: will no longer add new types. Mention them under [InfantryTypes]

Open questions about this build:

• Do EMP and Spawners like the ACC still work well together?
  • Do area-effect SWs still work? Do they cause REs?
  • Do the Side tags Crew, DefaultDisguise, SurvivorDivisor, BaseDefenses and BaseDefenseCounts still work?
  • Do the IvanBomb tags DestroysBridges, Detachable, FlickerRate, Damage, Delay, Warhead and Image still work?

---
Hide Enemy Veteran Insignia
[General]EnemyVeterancy= (bool, defaults to yes)
Whether insignia will be shown for enemy players.

[TechnoType]Experience.ShowEnemy= (bool, defaults to [General]EnemyVeterancy)
Whether insignia will be shown for enemy players.

Observers will always be able to see insignia.

---
"Unit Lost" EVA customizable
[FootType]EVA.Lost= (EVA message, defaults to EVA_UnitLost)
The message played when a unit of this type owned by the player is destroyed. Ignored if DontScore=yes, Insignificant=yes or Spawned=yes.

"None" should work here, so it can be disabled even if none of these tags are enabled.

---
Infantry linking
More intelligent and crash safe type selection to replace the "German Shepard undeploys into Husky" hack. Use [TechnoType]GroupAs= (string) value to group all units having the same string. If no string is set, the TechnoType's ID is used.

Example: Set all dogs to "dog" to group them.

[General]TypeSelectUseDeploy= (boolean)
Shall DeploysInto= and UndeploysInto= be included for selection automatically? Defaults to yes. This can be used to disable the original game's behavior and just use GroupAs=.

---
Engineer and Technician per Side
Added customizable Engineer and Technician to Side

[Side]Engineer= (InfantryType, defaults to [General]Engineer)
The infantry to spawn as engineer. Engineers have a probability to be ejected from destroyed Factory=BuildingTypes buildings.

[Side]Technician= (InfantryType, defaults to [General]Technician)
The infantry to spawn as technician. Technicians have a probability to be ejected from destroyed from objects that are armed and crewed.

---
Fix for Ivan Bombs
Set the weapon type on shrapnel bullets, so they still support Ivan Bombs as the original game.

This might also unlock radiation on shrapnel weapons.

---
Customizable Technician and Engineer chance
[TechnoType]Crew.TechnicianChance= (percent, defaults to 15 for armed BuildingTypes, to 0 otherwise)
The chance a Technician is spawned instead of an ordinary Crew.

[BuildingType]Crew.EngineerChance= (percent, defaults to 25 for Factory=BuildingTypes, to 0 otherwise)
The chance an Engineer is spawned instead of an ordinary Crew. If the building has been captured, only ordinary Crew will be spawned regardless of this setting. Only available for buildings.

-----------------------

I'll await the confirmations. For reference, this is the 0.5 feature list with stuff that needs confirmations (blueprints with Beta Available and bugs with Fix Committed).

This hopefully was the last list of this kind for Ares 0.5. When I see that all is well, I might start to merge in the other branches faster, so Ares is on a good way for a December release. Thank you all for testing so far. I'll now read the posts about the Silo animations, but I'm not certain whether I'll be able to look into this for this release. It's kind of full already.

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks AlexB!

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Infantry linking
More intelligent and crash safe type selection to replace the "German Shepard undeploys into Husky" hack. Use [TechnoType]GroupAs= (string) value to group all units having the same string. If no string is set, the TechnoType's ID is used.

YES! Thank you!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm always amazed by your additions. Every time.

Do I need to go MSVC 2013 now as well?

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Very Happy

Nah, no new features used yet, though I enabled YR++ to support them. (I think I made one mistake by using std::function where VS 2010 still had that in the experimental ::tr1 namespace. Could be fixed pretty easily, I presume. Aside from that, everything should still work.) Yet, some features would be fun to use.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Double post time!

New binary: Animations with custom palettes should not be visible under shroud any more.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just to note, I was first to start testing with alex branch too.
Hide Enemy Veteran Insignia - tested
"Unit Lost" EVA customizable - tested
Infantry linking - tested
Engineer and Technician per Side - not completely, enginners are being tested, technicians not.
When I back in three days, I will finish that and show complete testing witch screenshots.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please also add your findings to the issues at LaunchPad. This helps me tremendously. I got some confirmations as private messages, some here in the thread and yet others in different chat logs.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another alex05 binary:
- The Ivan Bomb on Shrapnels should now work
- Map action 98 (Sound at Random Waypoint) fix rewored
- Map actions 92 and 93 added back in (Activate/Deactivate Firestorm)

----

Map action 92 "Activate Firestorm": Enables the Firestorm SW for the house owning the trigger, regardless of charge state. The firestorm will not drain the charge, but it will shut down when the house is low on power.

Map action 93 "Deactivate Firestorm": Shuts down the Firestorm SW for the house owning the trigger.

Both actions use none of the parameters. Parameters should be set to "0,0,0,0,0,0,A".

It is recommended to not use these actions for human player houses as long as they have access to the Firestorm SW.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB, as I promised, here comes:

Hide Enemy Veteran Insignia

[Russians]
VeteranUnits=HTNK

[HTNK]
Experience.ShowEnemy=no

As you can see, I started with veteran Rhinos, and we are same country.
When I attacked him, his Rhinos did not show veterancy (my ones got elite accidentally by crate, just for note)
So, I assume here that it works.

"Unit Lost" EVA customizable
I tested it, I put EVA.Lost=none in Rhino tank, and when each of Rhinos got destroyed, it did not play that Eva.
When constripts got killed for example, as they did not have that tag, in their case, Eva sound is played, so I assume it works.

Infantry linking
I put on both Constript and Rhino Tank GroupAs=1, then in game, when selected Conscript and pressed T on keyboard, all conscripts and Rhinos got selected.
Same happened when I select rhinos and pressed T on keyboard, so I assume this works too.

Engineer and Technician per Side

I put in
[Nod]
Engineer=SENGINEER
Technician=SHK
to make Soviet Enginner default one from sold construction yard, and Brute from destroyed [NALASR] as I put Crewed=yes and  Crew.TechnicianChance=100 there aswell for testing purposes.

As you can see, default Engineer is Allied one, in blue clothes. He appears after Construction Yard is sold.
Then, Side specific Engineer, Soviet one appears when yard is sold, therefore I assume it works.

Here, we have two sentry guns, one is sold and Shock trooper appears from it as I put it as technician, therefore I assume it works too.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just a quick update for you, I'll replace this post in a few hours:
Yet another branch, named Ares 0.5 Development (v05). No new features, but three branches merged. I hope that makes testing easier and encourages you to answer the remaining questions that are still open.

It's not the final set and some more features from Graion will be added, but generally it is almost-0.5. While you play around with this, I'll start to update the documentation soon.

Open questions:
Do EMP and Spawners like the ACC still work well together?
Do area-effect SWs still work? Do they cause REs?
Do the Side tags Crew, DefaultDisguise, SurvivorDivisor, BaseDefenses and BaseDefenseCounts still work?
Do the IvanBomb tags DestroysBridges, Detachable, FlickerRate, Damage, Delay, Warhead and Image still work?
Does map action #98 work (Sound at Random Waypoint)?

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-Will you add Bounty Logic?
-Do the Side tags Crew, DefaultDisguise, SurvivorDivisor, BaseDefenses and BaseDefenseCounts still work?
-Do the Side tags that i've put in [GDI] and [Nod] section still work if it still along with country tags?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've had too much stuff to deal with... Bounty is delayed.

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, I gave one test.

Tiberium Heal from tiberium branch and Side engineer from Alex branch work together in this 0.5 branch, assumed that merging was successful.

AlexB, regarding your questions,

[FourthSide]
DefaultDisguise=ALIEN
Crew=ALIEN
ParaDrop.Types=ALIEN
ParaDrop.Num=8
SurvivorDivisor=200
EVA.Tag=SomeGuy
AI.BaseDefenses=TIBTRE,RSONIC,RTESLA
AI.BaseDefenseCounts=25,22,6
;AI.BaseDefenseCounts=1,1,1
Sidebar.YuriFileNames=yes
Sidebar.MixFileIndex=3
Engineer=ASSI
Technician=ALIEN
EVA.Tag=Yuri

In first picture, those selected are alien spies, in second picture they are default camouflaged as those on left which are main soldiers.
It works here.

Side Crew is working fine. I destroyed that barracks and there is left one alien on red health.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Somehow I had hoped for a little more activity after the most recent branch was uploaded. There will not be many more, so if each new binary just keeps you busy for about half a day, I guess not all questions will be answered in time. That being said, I haven't yet gone through some PMs (which you shouldn't use to confirm stuff anyhow, as confirmations should be public, and PM isn't Public Message) and the last few posts, so not all features one could consider verified are marked as such.

I plan to release Ares 0.5 before Christmas and New Year, so I can also have a few days off. Thus, the Release Candidate should become available sometime next week, no later than Friday. All features that aren't confirmed by then will be removed or remain unsupported. I'll give no guarantee these features will be re-added or completed later.

Because the RC should contain a preliminary documentation, I'll have to start writing it soon. I'm planning to rework certain things there, like removing the list of minor bugfixes from the table of contents. And I'll most likely split some parts down, like weapons, warheads and superweapons. This should also make the search feature more helpful. Do you have any favourite feature you just cannot find in the manual? Maybe you can't remember the name or the name is unintuitive?

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MasterHaosis wrote:
So, I gave one test.
[...]

I already tested it and told AlexB on MO Chat. And i have 2 EIP that cant be solved

Edit AlexB: Please don't quote this way. The original post is still on the same page and visible without scrolling. (Yay! First time used mod powers!)

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So me and mev played a game with AI using 0.5 and didn't experience any recons so far.

Just to note that Ivan bomb shrapnel weapons seem to ignore the Ivan bomb tags completely.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Were the Ivan Bomb tags on the ShrapnelWeapon= or on the weapon that created the shrapnels?

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

deathreaperz wrote:
I already tested it and told AlexB on MO Chat.

deathreaperz, its good too see that you test Ares, but as AlexB told, please further, post your testings here in public. He cannot keep tracking everything via chat because he has to store those messages somewhere and its difficult. its much easier if you (and others) do it here in Ares forums.
No necessery to post big posts with screenshots as I do, everyone has his own way and style, so find your own.

deathreaperz wrote:
And i have 2 EIP that cant be solved

What is EIP?

deathreaperz wrote:
Edit AlexB: Please don't quote this way. The original post is still on the same page and visible without scrolling. (Yay! First time used mod powers!)

deathreaperz, do not quote whole someone's post just to reply in one or two sentences, its annoying and also it may resize page and make it harder for reading, for no reason. If you quote big posts like mine, then just quote parts on which you want to reply, otherwise someone (or AlexB in this case) will edit your post.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
Do you have any favourite feature you just cannot find in the manual?

AI Base Plans are missing from the Keyboard Commands, only mentioned on DebugKeysEnabled.

I don't know if inheritance should be added, since it has a reported bug...

=======================

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another v05 binary, this time with a fix for type select, which should now correctly select Slave Miner buildings when you press T on an undeployed Slave Miner. Also included: Two new AttachEffect tags from Graion. This binary is close to a Release Candidate, if there weren't some things missing. The documentation on my part, and some open issues and questions.

Some issues here still need some verification. In a few days I'll finalize the list of features as announced. I haven't updated some issues at LaunchPad yet, because confirmations are spread all over the place. If you want to make this a little easier for me, post confirmations on the Bug Reports or Blueprints, or in this thread. Thank you!

Open questions:
Do EMP and Spawners like the ACC still work well together? Not working as perfectly as it could, but no regression compared to 0.4 and earlier. Thanks OmegaBolt!
Do area-effect SWs still work? Do they cause REs? Thanks OmegaBolt!
Do the Side tags Crew, DefaultDisguise, SurvivorDivisor, BaseDefenses and BaseDefenseCounts still work? Thanks MasterHaosis and OmegaBolt!
Do the IvanBomb tags DestroysBridges, Detachable, FlickerRate, Damage, Delay, Warhead and Image still work? Thanks OmegaBolt!
Does map action #98 work (Sound at Random Waypoint)?

zocom7
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB, since seeing this thread for the first time, I was wondering if you have managed to re-enable the save/load functions of Ares. Please don't tell me that this is impossible to re-code. People have been disappointed and frustrated that this Ares tool is not going well without this very important feature, especially when it comes to popular mods like Mental Omega when missions are impossible to accomplish and they need the save/load feature.

Another thing:
1) Have you managed to fix the Yuri's Revenge main menu resolution defaulted to any other resolution other than 640 x 480?
2) Was the graphic lag fix in-game included in Ares 0.4?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The graphic-lag fix is ported from Ares, duh. And the menu is hardcoded in 800x600, that wasn't changed.

=======================

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Though as I mentioned a long time ago IMO it'd be better to have it work (or have an option) like RA2. IMO it's annoying having the resolution change from windows to the menu then again ingame and have your monitor change each time (which does take a second overlapping with the start of the game).

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The saveame feature cannot simply be "re-enable" (which makes it sound like a job of five minutes or fewer). The developments of more than the last three years didn't really consider savegames, so many new Ares features will have to be reworked before work on savegames can even start. I'm upgrading the affected logics one by one. In Ares 0.5 it's some Side and IvanBomb tags. After 0.6 there will be only some minor issues (at least I hope so). We will get there, a little more with each release, but don't expect one of the next releases to have it working.

---
I'm not planning to change the menus.

---
Update time! I'm still working on the documentation and I'm progressing really slowly. I'll rename some tags like Experience.ShowEnemy to Insignia.ShowEnemy, and maybe some more. This shouldn't require any new testing. In the next few days (hopefully), I'll provide a Release Candidate with this documentation.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I found a bug. BUGSTER!

Top left and right, you see how damaged Alien tank is releasing smoke (left), and stop releasing smoke immediately after getting green health, after being repaired from Mechanic Warhead. This is supposed to happen.

Now, at bottom, you see damaged tank releasing smoke, then after being healed in tiberium its still releasing smoke for some period.
Seems that tiberium healing does not stop smoke damaged animations from displaying after vehicles get green health, unlike Mechanic warhead. Damaged vehicle displays this for some period of time, about half minute, same happens after being healed in tiberium. This is not big deal, but it is annoying if I put few damaged tanks in tiberium to heal, and after being healed all tanks are still displaying those smokes for some time.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the note! And it doesn't stop after some time? Is this different from what TS does? I see that it is little unfortunate if it does stop after some time and definitely a bug if it doesn't stop.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It stops after some time, but not immediatelly as it is supposed.
When you repair vehicle with Repair bullet weapon or any weapon which has mechanic warhead, once vehicle got to green health (not full health, just green), it stops from displaying smokes. So vehicle does not necessery need to get full health, just green.
Otherwise, if its not repaired, if its on red or such, it starts displaying smoke, but not all time either, just once when it got damaged on red. Smoke lasts about 30 seconds, or so. After that, smoke will disappear from vehicle which is on red health.
Anyway, if you repair it in tiberium, it will still emit smokes, ignoring fact that vehicle is already healed, which probably has to do with hardcoded Mechanical warhead. Of course that it will get annoying to have damage smokes appearing from full health vehicle, not matter if smoke will end after some time or not. This should not happen.
EDIT: I do not know about TS, we must ask someone for that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 4 [173 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon