Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:05 pm
All times are UTC + 0
CNCMaps render tool v2 - update announcement
Moderators: Community Tools Developpers
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
zzattack
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject:  CNCMaps render tool v2 - update announcement Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've recently continued work on my project, a tool to render RA2 and TS maps to fullmap images. With help and suggestions from Starkku and [Gluk-v48] a few bugs were squashed and support was added for several things. The most notable are listed below:

* Greatly improved support for Tiberian Sun Firestorm
    * Custom palette support
    * Support for multi-frame alpha images
    * Barrels and turrets on vehicles and structures are now rendered
    * Improved drawing order, causing less incorrectly overlapping objects
    * Improved lighting system, every object should now receive the same lighting as ingame
    * No longer using buggy minilzo implementation
    * Bridges and their shadows should now align properly

I'm currently also welcoming feature suggestions, for example support for additions introduced by Ares or NPatch. Since I'm not quite involved in the modding community, I would greatly appreciate being made aware of exciting features that should be supported.

I hope to release v2 by the end of next week. For now, a preview of the latest rendering batch of the tool  http://ra2maps.zzattack.org/ is available.

Finally, I am planning to release a website dedicated to CNC maps where people can upload (and render of course), discuss and share maps.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I always did appreciate this tool, thanks for coming back and working on it more, can't wait for the release Wink

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I noticed the tool has trouble rendering a map with map mods and especially a singleplayer map, maybe that's something you could look into?

EDIT: Starkku told me this should be solved in V2.0, I'll be waiting for that then Razz

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not sure how AttachEffect would greatly effect map previews...

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very high buildings?

Custom Foundation says hi. That's just an aura, which shouldn't be visible from map previews afterall.

Not to mention that Duration should be also checked after that.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not seeing the connection of high buildings with AE and custom foundation. You can already do that with vanilla YR.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess he meant high as large and translation error kicked in.

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess he meant high as large and translation error kicked in.

=======================

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What I mean is that the AE allows you to attach an animation to any object. Animations can be of any size, and it gives a lot of new graphics capabilities.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Glukv48 wrote:
AE allows you to attach an animation to any object. Animations can be of any size, and it gives a lot of new graphics capabilities.

Hm. Might be worth it. Even tho I can't imagine why would I have to replace usuall active animation with AE... yet..

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It seems to be more convenient for units.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
zzattack
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Custom foundations (both Ares and NPatch) are supported. I think AttachEffect and Cloakable will not be, there doesn't seem much point in it for map previews.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Glukv48 should be ignored, attacheffect is meaningless for map preview as the example shown is not any bigger foundation building than normal despite AE aura.

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would also like to see support for the tag InvisibleInGame=yes

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Question: Is there support for the Add-on Logic? Prime example being the GDI component towers, power plants, and Upgrade Center?

Based on the example previews on the site it appears there isn't, however, I haven't been paying close enough attention to this so those could be older previews for all I know.

Also...hooray glad to this getting worked on more.

zzattack
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum