Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:14 am
All times are UTC + 0
Recruiter=yes AI
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Morenn
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject:  Recruiter=yes AI Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In the AI file there is a tag "Recruiter="
Why is it that this is ALWAYS set to no in the default AI for every TeamType? Does it have some kind of catastrophic effect if it's set to yes?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because it would be bad if in the middle of an attack some units are recruited out of the attacking team and suddenly follow a different task.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Because it would be bad if in the middle of an attack some units are recruited out of the attacking team and suddenly follow a different task.

I've set them all to 'yes' in TI and I haven't noticed any difference.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

Isn't that what AreTeamMembersRecruitable is used for?
Because when I have a team with that set to 'yes', it can get recruited into another team, without having Recruiter=yes.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It only happens if a single unit wanders out of a group, considering him not a part of the group anymore and is a "free" now. So, technically, it would not have a big effect. It is between picking and throwing what AIs have to for their enemies.

Or same group number as well too, but different task forces. It is off to prevent screwing up other groups.

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As far as I know it means the team should prefer to recruit existing units to form the itself instead of building new units. If the required units do not exist, it builds them. Also there's a scenario in my mod where the AI uses a "hunterseeker" type of superweapon to spawn a unit in his base. This unit does not belong to any team and might thus not be recruitable (since AreTeamMembersRecruitable was not set for it). I use a team with Recruiter=yes to recruit the lone "hunterseeker" unit and give it orders.

EDIT: Yeah, just tested with Recruiter=no and LooseRecruit=no on the hunterseeker team and the unit still got recruited. So no it doesn't look like it's required on the team. Dunno if it affects the recruiting / building preference. Like if the team has Recruiter=yes it first attempts to recruit from teams with AreTeamMembersRecruitable=yes, and if none are available it builds the units instead. If it has Recruiter=no it would build them instead. Teamless units (ones that finished their script) would always be recruited whether or not the recruiting team has Recruiter=yes or no. But this is all just theory and assumptions, maybe the key doesn't do anything at all.

Last edited by SuperJoe on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah. Recruiter means the teamtype can use existing units within it's team. AreTeamMembersRecruitable means the units within the attached taskforce can be taken by other teams, which unfortunately means they won't always complete the script.

So Recruiter=yes is probably good to pick up useless units that have completed their scripts.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not entirely correct. Both in TS and RA2 missions there are TeamTypes that are recruited from the map, without Recruiter set.
Although they do have a Waypoint specified. The waypoint is near the units that should be recruited into the TeamType.

If you look at this example, you can see in the middle, there are 4 Wolverine's with a Waypoint in between them. The TeamType has that waypoint set, and no Recruiter=yes. The Wolverine's at the Waypoint will be recruited into the TeamType.

EDIT: And what SuperJoe said.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some of these ai.ini keys are a bit of a mystery. I've tried to test them a lot to figure out what each key does, but once again looks like I was wrong about Recruiter key, at least partly. It would be really, really helpful if someone capable (AlexB Wink) could take a look at what these keys really do. Like no more guessing, just exact and complete understanding of how they affect the team. I would assume the keys didn't change all too much for RA2, so if anyone on the Ares team has looked at these, any information would be greatly appreciated. We really need a new / updated tutorial on them, since pretty much all AI related tutorials usually have contradicting information about some of the keys.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've also seen Recruiter=no teams recruit idling (teamless) units, so I have no idea what the key actually does.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I assume that they are duds like so many of the TS/RA2 tags. Unless someone with exe knowledge can prove otherwise.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Recruiter=yes allows to recruit certain existing units that normally are not considered to be recruited for a team. This has to do with unit groups.

A unit's group defaults to -1, and it can at least be changed by maps (the vehicle/infantry/aircraft definitions have a group parameter).

If Recruiter=no, teams only recruit from a set of units with a certain group number. This number is the Group= setting on the team type (if it is -1, it will use the Group= value of the task force). If this number is -2, the group check is skipped, otherwise the unit is only considered if its current group setting is the same as this value. If Recruiter=yes, the group check is also skipped and thus it allows "inter-group recruitment".

Recruiter works the same in TS/FS and in YR. Haven't checked RA2, but it would be strange if it would differ (see Murphy's law; consider Westwood).

This is one effect this tag has. I cannot guarantee that it has no other effects, but I'm almost certain it hasn't. Alas, ModEnc doesn't have much information on these kind of things. I'll update it this week.

Recruiter has nothing to do with ripping out members of other teams. That's what Priority is for.

PS: Sorry for late reply.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So it doesn't recruit members of a team who's script has run out (ie Disc Throwers who have just killed the last part of an enemy, and now do nothing unless provoked)?

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When a script is executed completely, the team is dissolved. After that, normal recruit rules apply, as well retaliation. When the team is dissolved, the group ID is not reset and thus the Disc Throwers might not get recruited because the group ID doesn't match the teamtype Group= any more.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon