Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:58 pm
All times are UTC + 0
[YR] Atom Heart (2-8)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject:  [YR] Atom Heart (2-8) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's a new symmetrical map I just made, would've been a better entry for CCC3 but hey-ho. Below is the preview, note the crates on the cliffs are actually invisible ingame and used to prevent base construction in those places.

(click for full preview: 3MB)

If you notice any issues tell me here!

ob_atomh8p.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  ob_atomh8p.zip
 Filesize:  229.88 KB
 Downloaded:  472 Time(s)

Last edited by OmegaBolt on Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:02 pm; edited 3 times in total

DaRkGlAcEoN
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks Nice OmegaBolt, I'll give the map a shot.

4StarGeneral wrote:
I CAN USE CAPS TOO, HOW DOES IT FEEL?

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt maps are always sweeetness. I can't wait to play on it. Smile

DaRkGlAcEoN
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

m7 wrote:
OmegaBolt maps are always sweeetness. I can't wait to play on it. Smile

I've always loved his maps. Very Happy

4StarGeneral wrote:
I CAN USE CAPS TOO, HOW DOES IT FEEL?

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Too many tech structures, otherwise a nice map.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaRTzO wrote:
Too many tech structures

Totally disagreeing with you there, it gives you something to fight over.
Did you notice this is an 8 player map, not 2 player?

Nice map, Bolt!
(What's with the palets?)

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I don't quite understand the significance of the palettes. Is it to prevent structures being built there?

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Atom Heart (2-8) [YR] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm sure RP was trolling but Aro? You just didn't read. #Tongue

OmegaBolt wrote:
note those 'palet's on the cliffs are actually invisible ingame and used to prevent base construction

And yes there are a lot of Tech buildings. I didn't want to go crazy and yet, as RP said, wanted something to fight over, especially in the middle. I think especially in teams of 2 they're all necessary things to capture and hold and in 4v4 there's enough for each team member.

Last edited by OmegaBolt on Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Details 10/10: I love how symmetrically this map is. Not so many symmetric maps out there nowadays. I can see why you called this map Atom Heart.

Layout: 10/10: The layout is very nice, especially this is symmetric map. I like how you make the starting position little more unique with cirle with triangle edges. Smart usage of tech structures placements and resource fields. I have to say this is probably the most balanced layout I've seen.

Lighting: 9/10: Not much to say for the lighting. But hey, it fits nicely into the map.

Gameplay: 10/10: I just dueled with other 7 Brutal AIs and owned them. Like as I said before in the Layout part, the resource fields are balanced and distributed evenly between each player base. I even take tech structures as well too. To be honset, this might make a great player vs player map as well too.

Triggers/Effects 5/10: Only 1 trigger was performed, sound. It kind of makes the game little dull if there is no other triggers to make it more interesting. But you did good job.

Overall 44/50: Nice job! Someone please spotlight this map! Or I will come and hunt after them and make them do it!

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Atom Heart (2-8) [YR] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
I'm sure RP was trolling but Aro? You just didn't read. #Tongue

OmegaBolt wrote:
note those 'palet's on the cliffs are actually invisible ingame and used to prevent base construction

It's official. I have lost the plot.

Nice map by the way, you should have indeed submitted it.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are there no transition pieces? Those clearly visible tiles around the Ore fields look horrible imo.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool, thanks for the review Zero! Regarding map lighting, it should all get a bit more interesting when the Tech buildings are captured as they emit light (though subtly). An issue I've noticed is the top left middle player's base isn't aligned with the guy below him. Will probably post a fixed version if there aren't any more issues/comments.

Zero18 wrote:
Triggers/Effects 5/10: Only 1 trigger was performed, sound. It kind of makes the game little dull if there is no other triggers to make it more interesting. But you did good job.
Not sure what else would be needed. Suppose I could've made the 'city' in the middle more alive but the map felt quite 'heavy' ingame anyway so didn't want to reduce performance with more stuff. Maybe I could add some annoying police cars driving around. #Tongue

LKO wrote:
Are there no transition pieces? Those clearly visible tiles around the Ore fields look horrible imo.
No there arent, sadly. Only straight diagonal 'transitions', like with the grass.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't like the repetition of the buildings in the middle, but apart from that I like this map.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uploaded the download with the last version I did. Don't remember the exact fixes but it moved the start positions so they weren't so out of sync.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon