Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:09 pm
All times are UTC + 0
CCCIII: Blood and Concrete [8]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject:  CCCIII: Blood and Concrete [8]
Subject description: Aurora196's Entry: 1st Place (CCCIII Winner!)
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CCCIII:  Blood and Concrete [8]
Aurora196's entry: 1st Place (CCCIII Winner!)

Detail: As with all of Aurora's maps, the detail is phenomenal. An excellent usage of pretty much everything and fantastic cliff-work makes the map very pleasant to look at and even very realistic in terms of detailing. A few personal peeves hurt the score ever so slightly, such as landmarks/monuments being used and the odd area containing nothing but plain pavement. Overall though, the best detailing of any map submitted to CCCIII.

9/10

Layout: Excellenet layout, offering lots of tactical opportunites, a fair placement of tech structures, bridges and resources make the map balanced and fun to play, however, bridges being the only route to attacking certain bases from other bases can cause a map to turn into a camp-fest, but as there are plenty of bridges, it doesn't pose all that much of an issue. Best of all, the map is huge, plenty of room for plenty of tactics.

7/10

Lighting: The lighting is nice although nothing overly special, though I do appreciate that with the YR engine there isn't a fat lot you can do. Some lighting on the ore would have been nice, despite the blocky appearence in YR, but the small bits of extra lighting around the map do help to create an atmosphere along with the provided day/night loop triggers.

8/10

Gameplay: This is a perfect map for nice long battles. Playing with 7 enemy AI's creates challenges around every corner. There are a great number of tech structuers (though a fair number) around the map to capture and key chokepoints to take control of. Many a good game to have on this map, excellent work.

9/10

Triggers/Effects: Amazing, as I expected of you. Civilian activity, a day and night loop and plenty of sounds around the map help to create an amazing atmosphere and add much more to the map. Great job.

10/10

Overall - 43/50

There isn't much more than could improve this map other than some tiny issues mentioned above, though mostly those are pet peeves of mine. All in all, this is a close-to-perfect map and one I definitely reccomend adding to your mods. Great job, Aurora, what a way for you to come back to the community.

BloodAndConcrete8.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  BloodAndConcrete8.rar
 Filesize:  382.31 KB
 Downloaded:  4734 Time(s)

McPwny
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this is literally an ancient thread and i highly doubt the original creator is still around, but
i have made a co-op map out of this map for four people. i have added an Author= tag to
the map, and appended your name. having spent a lot of time modifying this map, i can really
appreciate the sheer amount of detail it contains. i hope this map will have a second life with this mod
this will likely be the last of my works, as i have started college, and am kind of sick of playing with this old game.

bloodandconcrete co-op.map
 Description:
after many co-op test plays, i have fixed a number of minor things i noticed while playing. this is the updated and final version.

Download
 Filename:  bloodandconcrete co-op.map
 Filesize:  754.84 KB
 Downloaded:  456 Time(s)

bloodandconcrete co-op.map
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  bloodandconcrete co-op.map
 Filesize:  754.49 KB
 Downloaded:  242 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon