Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:10 pm
All times are UTC + 0
C&C Red Alert 2 Unofficial Patch
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [41 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject:  C&C Red Alert 2 Unofficial Patch Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Version 1.3.2

Changes

Updated 28/12/2012

Performance

- Tweaks to the game engine to improve graphics rendering speed and efficiency.
- Network tweaks for windows 7 to improve latency.
- Optimized game loading speed.
- Optimized downloading of the RA2 map patch addon.
- Optimized memory management through cleanmem addon.
- The game doesn't load any intro videos anymore thus it loads faster.
- The game can run without a CD in the drive with less to no errors, this improves loading speed.
- No black screen after installing the patch and less time waiting for the map patch to update.

Updates & bug fixes

- The interface texts have been updated to be correspond to the current modern standard and to accommodate XWIS instead of WOL.
- The interface layouts have been simplified and improved to make navigation smoother and easier.
- The interface icons have been improved and modernized.
- Improved and simplified online lobby.
- There should be less, "failed to initialize, reinstall game" errors now due to added data files.
- Fixed error where the map and GUI were not displayed correctly. This should also fix a rare missing map error with some official maps.
- The chat boxes in the main lobby and custom game lobby have been re-sized to show more text making it more convenient to read.
- Fixed the menu button in multiplayer lobby which now leads directly to http://xwis.net/forums to improve interactivity between the game and the forum.
- Added Heck no lamez as an official map with the name "Heck Tournament Edition". This popular map can now be used as a battlefield for 1v1 and Battleclan tournaments.
- Tweaked the layout of hosted and joined games lobbies.
- Added WOL online components to reduce bugs and fix registry keys on some installations.
- Added Binkw32.dll to fix a missing dll error in case of some installations.

Enhancements

- Red alert 2 map patch developed by Josh and Frank. Adds new maps to Quick match and custom match game modes.
- Auto screen-shot taker and uploader developed by Olaf. This acts as an anti cheat and helps with reporting cheaters.
- Added official Westwood map packs and an official version of heck freezes over as well as the FFG version.
- Slightly improved detail of temperate terrain graphics.
- Better interface graphics have been added to improve the look of menus while still following a soviet theme set by the standard interface.
- New game shortcut icon for easy identification.
- Pro hotkeys have been added through "keyboard.ini" ( A = Sell, F= Fix, U= Health select, I= Vet select, O= All combatants)
Rest of the hotkeys remain as default.

Previews (click to see)

- Enhanced terrain http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/162268-elite-edition-screen-shots/page__st__25#entry1401539
- Improved and enhanced lobby. http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/175970-red-alert-2-ideas-suggestions-massive-update/#entry1516978

Downloads

- http://ra2.o2x.nl/Data/Patches/RA2_UOP_v1.3.2.exe

- http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?kw8b4lws92xp34t

Instructions

- To make it work perfectly, make sure you have a clean installation of C&C Red Alert 2 from either the original CD or XWIS download and then patched to v1.006 default.
- Download. Make sure the game is not running. Start the game by double clicking the new Kirov icon.
That looks like this.

Extra

- Guide for optimizing multiplayer latency
http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/171700-internet-optimizations-for-ra2-multiplayer-lag-fixes-speed-ups/

Credits

Olaf Van Der Speck for developing the new launcher for red alert 2 and the SS uploader.
Frank Razenberg and Josh for developing the map patch addon.
Aleksander Bavdaz for helping me figure out the directdraw registry keys from a patcher source code.

Discussion topic.

- http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/175970-cc-red-alert-2-unofficial-patch/

Last edited by DaRTzO on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:00 pm; edited 3 times in total

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A Little request... can you also incorporate the unit lines from YR? I know its not much but the distinctiveness in unit sounds usually make the game also more fun.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

eh wtf why the DirectDraw thingie? That doesn't work with Vista/above. Why not Ares's fix?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I used windows 7 and so far it works perfectly with vista and windows 7. Minus the task manager to close game on exit bug for Vista systems.

The directdraw hack includes hex tweaks, registry tweaks and game ini tweaks.

So it already includes the Ares fix as well as others.

Last edited by DaRTzO on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:
A Little request... can you also incorporate the unit lines from YR? I know its not much but the distinctiveness in unit sounds usually make the game also more fun.

That would require editing of the sound.ini ?

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sound.ini & Rules.ini and a custom audio.bag/idx as well. I've tried it out and it works fine.

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Krow wrote:

It's been resolved thanks to the ares hex tweaks and registry tweaks.

Atomic_Noodles wrote:
Sound.ini & Rules.ini and a custom audio.bag/idx as well. I've tried it out and it works fine.

That causes compatibility issues online?

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaRTzO wrote:

That causes compatibility issues online?

As long as everybody have all the files it's fine. (Which should be a good thing so you'll know if somebody is using a hacked ini)

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess he wants this to be compatible with non-special-unofficial-DaRTzO-patched versions of Red Alert 2.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, it is a release that is aimed at the online community not the offline playerbase.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi DaRTzO,
are you FReQuEnZy from XWIS forums? If you are:

DaRTzO wrote:
So it already includes the Ares fix as well as others.

Would it be too much to ask for some credit then?

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, it's not I will update once my warn level has been lifted. #Tongue

Yes' i am FReQuEnZy. I've been playing and modding the game since 2004 so I bring this patch to you from all my knowledge and experience.

I will give credit where it's due and appreciate any constructive input.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaRTzO, if you don't mind, I've just added a mirror of your RA2 Patch (v1.2.6) at PPM and updated the first post.

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No I don't mind at all. I'm grateful for your support. Smile

I will update the links on XWIS Forums as well on the 30th.

Any chance of a highlight? #Tongue

BTW some updates will be on the way in the future.

- Increased map data base, from user made maps in mmx format for official ladder play.

- A selection of an allied and sov skin. Due to high request. Many people have asked me to produce a allied skin.

If you could also suggest any optimizations to the game database, along with voxel parsing. One point that I was considering was removing redundant voxels on all the default voxel to reduce a render impact of 100+ rhinos on one screen along with 100 grizzlies and so on. Especially in 2v2 games on large maps.

I would appreciate your professional opinion on the subject.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As far as I remember to the standard fugly RA2 voxels... they don't really have redundant voxels within them. But even then, use VXLSE 1.39's 8-faced algorythm, older ones (1.38 only has 4-faced) causes black dots.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaRTzO wrote:

If you could also suggest any optimizations to the game database, along with voxel parsing. One point that I was considering was removing redundant voxels on all the default voxel to reduce a render impact of 100+ rhinos on one screen along with 100 grizzlies and so on. Especially in 2v2 games on large maps.

Make all Translucent=Yes Files to Translucent=No (That reduces Lag slightly I think)

"Fixing" some of the the Vanilla voxels will just cause them to suffer from getting holes though.

We're talking about Basic Red Alert 2 right? Not Yuri's Revenge? So let's see...

I'm assuming you've already added the fixes and optimization tips posted in CnC Guild?

Proper Coloring of the Allied Unit Cameos maybe? (Like make them all Blue)

The Ares "Prism Forwarding fix"

Demolition Truck requiring to Face targets to explode, Giving it Deploy Mode.

Removing the unnecessary text in the ini's...

Proper Shadows on Infantry, (Using TS Shadows)

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They xcan't mess with inis, Jem. That'd blow up the compat with nonpatch users.

Which is a heresy.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
They xcan't mess with inis, Jem. That'd blow up the compat with nonpatch users.

Which is a heresy.

Those silly puritans... Laughing

If you guys would mess with INIS at least I think that'll stop the Cheaters since everyone would need to have the same files and of course if someone else is using a modified ini the game usually crashes.

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:
DaRTzO wrote:

Make all Translucent=Yes Files to Translucent=No (That reduces Lag slightly I think)

"Fixing" some of the the Vanilla voxels will just cause them to suffer from getting holes though.

We're talking about Basic Red Alert 2 right? Not Yuri's Revenge? So let's see...

I'm assuming you've already added the fixes and optimization tips posted in CnC Guild?

Proper Coloring of the Allied Unit Cameos maybe? (Like make them all Blue)

The Ares "Prism Forwarding fix"

Demolition Truck requiring to Face targets to explode, Giving it Deploy Mode.

Removing the unnecessary text in the ini's...

Proper Shadows on Infantry, (Using TS Shadows)

NO InI edits! As said it will cause heresy!

Yes, this is Ra2 only.

No I don't know much about CnC Guild. Would you like to link me to those tips?

Eh?? Cameos are fine IMO Unless a unique side identifying style could be included along with a siderbar reskin which I'm not willing to make at the moment.
Anying that will improve the look, usability and modernize the interface is welcome.

What is the prism forwarding fix? Is this the cliff link power up bug fix?

I've also considered improving ini parsing and filesize by removing the comments and the crap that's not needed, but yet again even with no real changes to game workings it gives compatibility errors. I do like the added snappiness feel to optimized ini's though.

Wouldn't shadow editing require huge amounts of shp editing work?

The INI edits you're talking about have all been considered, though we can't release any "official auto updating patches" Which would solve all of the compatibility issues.
Along with anti cheat fixes, some re orderings of the tags to make all unit enabling trainers to be confusing or causing them to crash. #Tongue

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Most of it requires becoming a heretic... Mad so yeah unless you can pursuade XWIS to allow this Mod slide...

Allied Unit Cameos aren't uniform, For Example... Grizzly Tank & IFV is Green, While Prism Tank & Mirage Tank is Brown.

Prism Forwarding needs Ares (Which needs you to be a heretic so... but if your interested heres its Documentation:

http://ares-developers.github.com/Ares-docs/new/prismforwarding.html?

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:

hehe I am using translucent no on flak explosion to get better black cloud explosion! Thats much better than translucent one.

DaRTzO wrote:
Eh?? Cameos are fine IMO Unless a unique side identifying style could be included along with a siderbar reskin which I'm not willing to make at the moment.

Are you joking? Cameos are fine?
Well prism tank and mirage tanks are yellow, in GDI color csheme because they are supposed to have GDI colors at first place, it is even show on trailer when yellow prism tanks are destroying Soviet Nuclear silo in Moscow.
But later in final version all ingame units got allied bluish scheme, and green apperience on cameos. So you need to recolor both Mirage and prism tank to match other greenish blue style of IFV, Grizzly, Tank destroyer. Chrono Miner and Battle fortress are ok but they also need some touches too.
Soviet Siege chopper is out of place too with Migs cameo. Also apocalypse is black. Soviets were supposed to have black scheme.
Yuris Gattling Tank is also in Allied Colors.
So, like Atomic_Noodles said, it needs some work on cameos.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, this is going too far into what most people don't notice or care about. Color scheme is not that important I also like the variation. A same scheme could be nice though. I still think it's not worth the effort.

If you have some performance or gameplay directed suggestions such as interface improvements then I'm all 'eyes'.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaRTzO wrote:
Well, this is going too far into what most people don't notice or care about. Color scheme is not that important I also like the variation. A same scheme could be nice though. I still think it's not worth the effort.

If you have some performance or gameplay directed suggestions such as interface improvements then I'm all 'eyes'.

IIRC if its just Graphic Changes and you don't mess with sequences or INIs you can safely replace Voxels and SHPs.

Give Infantry proper SHPs which have TS Shadows instead of the solid black one.

Soviet Wall Cameo has Remap (Residual from PreRelease where Walls had Remap) I could send you the Cameos in SHP Format. This won't crash the game iirc since it only changes aesthetics on your side and it already exists.

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sure, you can send me the cameos...

Are they modified or original though?

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaRTzO wrote:
Sure, you can send me the cameos...

Are they modified or original though?

I've also made a modified SHP of the Engineer without the blue edges.

Some are modified and or fixed. They're already in Cameo Palette as well.

I'm in the process of making proper Brick Soviet & Allied Blue Cameos as well...

Though if you are gonna use the new versions of the Cameos I've made you'll have to use them all since my Veteran Ones have Shadow on the Chevron where the Vanilla Ones don't... Embarassed

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm interested! Smile Looks like good work so far.

Though the walls look very pixellated?

The shadow part only adds a bit of detail. Smile

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First post has been updated to 1.3.2.

- Added WOL components to fix bugs.
- Added Binkw32.dll to fix bugs.
- Added Pro Hotkeys enhancement.
- Added some misc fixes and edits to the strings file.
- Added a few multiplayer maps.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?kw8b4lws92xp34t

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:

Unit lines?

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The voices of our armies.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

War Miner
IFV
Tank Destroyer
Prism Tank
Mirage Tank
Chrono Miner

Aegis Cruiser
Aircraft Carrier

Half Track
V3 Launcher
Tesla Tank
Apocalypse Tank
War Miner

Typhoon Attack Sub
Sea Scorpion

These Units iirc.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To do that he would have to edit sound.ini/provide altered audio.bag and no doubt that is again off limits as no touching inis while I can't recall if sync is an issue in this case but usually is.

I love how he doesn't get unit lines what it means in this case and needs explaining Very Happy

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Unit responses would have been more appropriate.

I thought he meant the target lines.

I wanted to edit some of the sounds, yes.
To add voice overs from YR and ra2 beta.

Though adding new entries to the sound.ini might cause a incompatibility error.

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"- Added Binkw32.dll to fix bugs."
In my opinion, this file is identical to the original...

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a question, how to implement this Unofficial RA2 Patch to YR?

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's a long looooooong explanation.
Just install it in an empty folder and figure it out. #Tongue

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I cant, because the fixes is on the exe, and there is no rules or art inis

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I edited the menus with a "resource hacker" and some of the optimizations are in ra2.ini and in the registry changes it makes.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [41 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon