Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 pm
All times are UTC + 0
TMP Shop
Moderators: Community Tools Developpers
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 3 [138 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no problem. It's just a name.
In 10 years, it might even need to be renamed to "C&C Modding and Mapping Studio", since it then can
-create maps
-create on the fly new tmps by simply pasting a picture into the open map
-render the map in ingame style/lighting
-modify SHPs, read/write mix files
Laughing

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What a plot twist. So the map editor reads radar color from the TMP files as well.. this is not good.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, yeah. It's always been that way. Your best bet is to make custom minimaps by shrinking down and sharpening megamaps.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would if any version of Map Renderer worked properly for me.

Also, trees don't obey the RadarInvisible tag.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, I can relate. I have to make all of TI's manually.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah and I'm not doing that for 300+ maps.

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The current .NET version of C&C Map Renderer has option to inject previews straight into the map file, making things, much, much more easier. I am not sure if it has been released in any other form but source code. It also has some issues like not rendering lighting properly etc, and not working with Firestorm at all, really. I actually fixed most of those and even added things like support for custom structure palettes, but only after I had modified the code to work better with my mod. One of these days, I am gonna port the important changes over to the fresh code from repository and bug zzattack to add it to the source and release an executable version of it. That, or I'll at very least release it myselves.

Should be of a help I suppose. I can currently just run one batch file to generate map previews for every single map in my mod. Takes couple of minutes but definitely quicker than manually doing it.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I find it hard to believe there isn't some kind of screen resolution emulator out there... :/
Even if there would be scroll bars, as long as you can take a screenshot in a resolution that exceeds your native resolution, it'd save a lot of time when creating minimaps.

Edit:
It seems that Virtual Box allows me to use a max screen resolution of 6400x1200... Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

new version 1.4 uploaded
-preview shows extra graphics (ramps and cliffs are correct shown)
-preview shows tile-height (cliffs are now correct shown)
-Z-Data preview mode added (uses same palette as normal preview)
-file filter added (allows to filter files by terraintype and/or filename)
-routine to identify TMP files improved (it shouldn't crash anymore when a preview of a non-TMP file should be shown)
-sidemenu shows info if tmp has errors (e.g. missing extra graphic)
-menu more failsafe (clicking the wrong buttons doesn't cause a crash anymore)

First post edited.

Public SHPs

Tools

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just a few things:

It would be handy if the program remembered the last working directory (just save it in the ini).

Also the TMP Information window with the preview image isn't showing up for me. It simply never appears.

One small typo in the About dialog:

This programm allows to set the radar color for many C&C terrain files in the tmp-format in one operation.

EDIT: I see that's how it's spelled in german Razz

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SuperJoe wrote:
It would be handy if the program remembered the last working directory (just save it in the ini).

the profile remembers the working directory. Save the profile with the right directory and the next time you start the program, load the profile to get instantly back to the working directory.
The last used profile is automatically opened when you start the program again.

SuperJoe wrote:
Also the TMP Information window with the preview image isn't showing up for me. It simply never appears.

you pressed "shift+x" ?
I'll add button to the menu in the next version, so you have a second way to open it.

You can also edit the radarcolorizer.ini and set ShowDockInfo=True

SuperJoe wrote:
This programm allows to set the radar color for many C&C terrain files in the tmp-format in one operation.

Whoops. Germenglish. Fixed in the next version.

\EDIT
version 1.5 uploaded
Version 1.5 changes
-[Preview Mode] menu item renamed to [Sidemenu Settings]
-Sidemenu Settings has an option to enable/disable the sidemenu
-new preview mode "Single Frames" added (this shows only the tile and the corresponding extra graphics of one of the tiles)
-the filter can search for valid TMPs (SHPs with tem extension are ignored this way)

\EDIT
Version 1.6 uploaded
Version 1.6 changes
-(update) sidemenu hidden in alt+tab tasks list
-(bugfix) loading palette shows the palettes fine again
-(bugfix) loading profile reloads the fileslist
-(bugfix) no selected TMP doesn't cause crash in Single Frames mode
-(update) detailed frame specific info in Single Frames preview mode
-(update) Filter can search for problematic TMPs
-(update) Palette menu in [Sidemenu Settings]
  • if subfolder "Palettes" is present, the palette files are listed as sub menu items
  • if current group has no palette specified, this global palette is used

\EDIT
New Program TMP Shop uploaded (replaces Radar Colorizer)
TMP Shop Version 01.01.00.01
-"Radar Colorizer" renamed to "TMP Shop"
-(update) 5 last used profiles listed in the [File] menu
-(update) Interface enhanced. Groups offer selection to edit...
  • Radar Color
  • Terrain Type
  • Problematic TMPs

-(update) TerrainTypes can be set/replaced
-(update) Problematic TMPs can be fixed
  • wrong extra graphics header (negative size)
  • missing extra graphics image
  • extra graphics with width/height>0 but pos=0,0 (not always does this really indicate a problem, so countercheck it manually by viewing the tmp!)

-(bugfix) multiple files added to a group aren't listed in reverse order
-(update) performace improved when adding many files to a group
-(update) messagebox with progressbar added to most operations that may take longer

Note: old radar color profiles still work.
You can also rename radarcolorizer.ini into TMPshop.ini if you want to keep the previous settings of the radar colorizer like window position, size, sidemenu, palette etc

Public SHPs

Tools

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It just keeps getting better & better Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wondering how the hell i never seen this, Confused

This is just fantastic!

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Olaf van der Spek
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
It seems that Virtual Box allows me to use a max screen resolution of 6400x1200... Smile

That's a low vertical limit. VMware Workstation allows more, but RA2 crashes at some point. 2560 x 1600 is doable though: http://xwis.net/temp/lbl2.jpg

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

small update
TMP Shop Version 01.01.00.02
-(update) TMP Analyzer improved
  • faster and more reliable search for problematic TMPs
  • more detailed and precise info about problems
-(bugfix) some interface labels fixed

The new routine that analyzes TMPs, now checks if any of the extra graphics header is wrong. It also checks if the extra graphic data used for the image is actually correct data read from the correct place (e.g. With width/height>0 in the header but no extra graphic image data after the tile data, it would normally cause data from the next tile to be used as image, even if this data is next tile header)

The 3rd option for problematic tmps "Pos=0,0 -> Set Width/Height=0" was removed. The 2nd option "no image data present" now includes the old 3rd one and fixes those wrong set headers as well.

Public SHPs

Tools

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Considering how frequently you update this tool, maybe it's a good idea to implement an auto-updater? #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think this is the last update for quite a while. Except for bugfixing, I don't have any new smaller features and updates planned. And I think that all the current features are now final and working as they should.

The next feature is supposed to be a bigger one and I'm not sure when and if I ever finish it.

Public SHPs

Tools

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
I find it hard to believe there isn't some kind of screen resolution emulator out there... :/
Even if there would be scroll bars, as long as you can take a screenshot in a resolution that exceeds your native resolution, it'd save a lot of time when creating minimaps.

Edit:

This is what I do for Red Alert 1. Even though you're supposed to be able to go higher, because of a bug in VirtualBox you can't go over 3200x3200 resolution, it's barely enough for Red Alert 1 mega maps so I'm not sure if it's enough for Red Alert 2 and/or Tiberian Sun.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I gotta say that the "Browse For Folder" dialog is really impractical to work with. It'd be much quicker if you could just enter the path somewhere...

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^^fixed. First post updated.

In the previous versions I used the .NET build in FolderBrowserDialog which is crap, but fast to implement. But since it doesn't allows to be customized (like adding a path textbox), i wrote my own FolderBrowser Dialog. I hope it works well enough. Several things that are possible with the default windows folderbrowser aren't possible anymore though. Like copying, renaming, deleting folders etc.

P.S.: don't wonder about the 100 kB bigger filesize for such a small change. There are already some things included for the next bigger release, which aren't available yet.

Public SHPs

Tools

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Much better Smile

Another thing that would be nice is if you could select a palette without having to put it in the same folder as the TMPs. For example by just placing the selectable palettes in TMP Shop's directory or by allowing the user to browse to the palettes.

Also, when you hover over the Select Palette button, it shows the following tooltip:
Quote:
When viewing files with this group currently active, they'll use this palette instead of the global palette from [Sidemenu Settings]->[Palette].

But there is no [Palette] under [Sidemenu Settings] Confused

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There are 2 palettes possible.
-a group specific palette (old, now quite obsolete method)
-a global palette, which is accessible via the "sidemenu settings" and once set is used for all groups that have no specific palette set.

For the global palette you have to create a folder called "Palettes" in the TMP Shop folder. (if there is no such folder, then this option is not visible in the menu)
Then TMP Shop automatically sees/offers all palettes in the "Palettes" folder and its subfolders.

btw, this works already since version 1.6 of radarcolorizer Wink
Quote:
Version 1.6 changes-(update) Palette menu in [Sidemenu Settings]
  • if subfolder "Palettes" is present, the palette files are listed as sub menu items (see install/preview picture)
  • if current group has no palette specified, this global palette is used

e.g. create subfolders for each game/mod
d:\TMPShop
d:\TMPShop\Palettes
d:\TMPShop\Palettes\DTA
d:\TMPShop\Palettes\TI
d:\TMPShop\Palettes\TS
d:\TMPShop\Palettes\RA2
d:\TMPShop\Palettes\TD
then put the .pal files of each game/mod in the respective subfolders.

Using the global palette, you also don't need any palettes in the working directory anymore or use group specific palettes.
The group palettes are a leftover from the early dev-stages, where i planned to use them for later palette conversions. Still a feature that i would like to realize at one point in future, thus i haven't removed the group palettes.

Public SHPs

Tools

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, seems I missed that. Maybe it would be a good idea to include a "Palettes" folder (possibly already containing the default TS isotem and isosno palettes) in the zip file in order to make it more obvious?

And I also think it might be better if a profile remembers which global palette was selected when you saved it; then you won't have to manually change the palette every time you load another profile.
Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
The group palettes are a leftover from the early dev-stages, where i planned to use them for later palette conversions. Still a feature that i would like to realize at one point in future, thus i haven't removed the group palettes.

Although I have no immediate need for it (yet), I do think this would be a very useful feature.

How about adding an additional feature which allows you to analyze all selected TMPs to see which colors of the active palette they use and how many times? This could be done by showing an image of the active palette with a number over every color which tells you how many pixels in total (of all selected tiles) make use of that color.
This way people would be able to easily optimize their terrain palettes by removing unused or barely used colors and then adding new ones in their stead.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i could do that, but I fear I'll forget very often to include the palettes folder in future updates. #Tongue

Good point about the profile. Could be a bit problematic though, because the global palette is stored in the editor settings and the new way of the palette being stored in the profile has to be compatible with the current way. Though it doesn't have to become too confusing, which can happen if you then have a palette in the editor settings (master global), another palette in the profile (local profile global) and an optional palette in each group.

Interesting idea about the color usage.
This could be however a quite slow feature, given the amount of pixel in each tmp times the amount of tmps. (1tile=576 pixel, with 3000 tmps it has to check one by one 1.7 Million pixel and there are tmps with up to over 100 tiles and additional extra graphics in any size)

Public SHPs

Tools

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
i could do that, but I fear I'll forget very often to include the palettes folder in future updates. #Tongue

To make it easier for yourself you could simply keep a zip file which already contains the palette folder and leave this zip file in the directory to which TMP Shop always gets compiled. Then after it's compiled you simply drag TMP Shop to the zip file, replace the older version of TMP Shop that's already in there and then upload Very Happy
Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Good point about the profile. Could be a bit problematic though, because the global palette is stored in the editor settings and the new way of the palette being stored in the profile has to be compatible with the current way. Though it doesn't have to become too confusing, which can happen if you then have a palette in the editor settings (master global), another palette in the profile (local profile global) and an optional palette in each group.

Would it be possible to turn the global palette into the group palette after saving? So if you select a group palette before saving the profile it'll simply use that like always, but if no group palette is selected, the currently selected global palette then becomes the group palette instead (and if necessary, include the complete path to the global palette in the profile so that the palette file doesn't need to be in the same directory as the TMPs).
Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Interesting idea about the color usage.
This could be however a quite slow feature, given the amount of pixel in each tmp times the amount of tmps. (1tile=576 pixel, with 3000 tmps it has to check one by one 1.7 Million pixel and there are tmps with up to over 100 tiles and additional extra graphics in any size)

Yeah, I expected the feature to be slow, but it'd still be very useful. Given how slow it might be, it might be good to also add a progress bar which simply shows how many cells in total still need to be analyzed (or if that's too much work/too difficult; simply show how many TMPs still need to be analyzed); then people can at least get an idea of how much longer the process will take. Maybe even also include a progress bar.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
Would it be possible to turn the global palette into the group palette after saving? So if you select a group palette before saving the profile it'll simply use that like always, but if no group palette is selected, the currently selected global palette then becomes the group palette instead (and if necessary, include the complete path to the global palette in the profile so that the palette file doesn't need to be in the same directory as the TMPs).

the group palette isn't supposed to be used in the first place. Not until i finished the palette conversion functionality.
For now it's only useful if someone has several groups with tmps that use different palettes (like tmps from different mod projects), and he/she wants to process all these groups/files in one operation. Though i would advice using different profiles for different projects.

It will be more like this: the user can decide if the global palette will be set on the profile too. If a profile has no palette then the global palette will be used. Otherwise the profile set palette will change the global palette.
So the profile is only a more precise way to set the global palette.

Bittah Commander wrote:
Yeah, I expected the feature to be slow, but it'd still be very useful. Given how slow it might be, it might be good to also add a progress bar which simply shows how many cells in total still need to be analyzed (or if that's too much work/too difficult; simply show how many TMPs still need to be analyzed); then people can at least get an idea of how much longer the process will take. Maybe even also include a progress bar.

A messagebox with a progressbar and texts showing the current status of the operation is no problem at all.
But since the operation takes a while, it just won't be a simple status text shown in the sidemenu. It will be more a separate button that you have to press to start the analysis for the current group.

\EDIT
new version
TMP Shop Version 01.01.00.04
-(update) added Quick Edit function for TerrainType preview mode

it allows to quickly edit the terraintype of clicked tiles in the sidemenu.
Instruction:
-select [Sidemenu Settings] -> Preview mode "TerrainType"
-select a tmp
-check "Quick Edit" in the sidemenu and select the TerrainType in the combobox or the textbox
-now simply click on the tiles that should get the chosen TerrainType

The focus of the program changes automatically back to the TMP Shop after each click on the preview image, allowing this way quick movement via keyboard through the list of TMPs while keep changing the terraintype with the mouse.

Beware: This instantly changes and saves the tmp, so there is no undo.
Pressing every time a save button would have made too much additional click-work for the user, why i left it away.

Public SHPs

Tools

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The quick edit function is quite useful, although I noticed that it changes the terrain type of all cells of a tile to the selected terrain type whenever you accidentally beside the tile instead of on any of the cells.
I'm not sure if you did this intentionally, but I expect it to be more likely for people to do this by accident than on purpose and the fact you can't undo this makes it extra painful.

Also, I think it would be helpful if you could enable some sort of grid view while using the quick edit function so that you can see exactly where every cell stops (and thus will have an easier time to decide what terrain type would be most fitting for the cell).
If adding a grid would look bad, you could instead add an additional single-cell preview next to or under the preview of the whole tile and then allow the user to select which cell to show in the single-cell preview by right-clicking on that cell in the preview of the whole tile.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

uh, ugly mistake.
I'll fix that asap.
Clicking on outer empty tiles shouldn't do anything.

Adding a grid should be no problem. I think I'll make it available via an extra switch so you can turn it on/off on every preview type.
Maybe i also implement something like a "highlight tile under cursor" function.

However i don't want to make this a too advanced editor. This should be still kept simple and only for quick edits.

\Edit
new version uploaded
TMP Shop Version 01.01.00.05
-(bugfix) Quick Edit does not set all tiles to selected TerrainType when clicking on empty tiles
-(update) Added option "Show Tile Border" to [Sidemenu Settings]

Public SHPs

Tools

DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm. I should take this too. I might find something useful here.

On the other note

Downloaded

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

new version uploaded
TMP Shop Version 01.01.00.06
-(update) [Tools] menu added with "Palette Analyzer & Converter" option
-(update) Palette Analyzer & Converter offers functions to
  • analyze palette usage (list how many pixel use every color of the palette)
  • list files using a certain color
  • convert palette of tmp files using a color scheme file

how to use:
1. select/mark the files in the file list on the left that you wish to analyze/convert
2. select one of the 3 options
3. press [Start] button

If only 1 file is selected, the first option is showing instantly the used colors, so no need to press the Start button in this case.

When using the 2nd option, it de-selects all files which don't use the selected color. To select a color, simply click on one in the palette.

When using the 3rd option, you can use the color scheme files that SHP Builder uses too. However for this tool, only the [Data] section is important.
It then goes step by step through the listed conversions and applies them one after another.
Note: the color conversion is still experimental. So create backups of the TMPs that you want to modify!

When using option 1 or 2 on multiple files, the tool creates in the current working directory the textfiles #colorusage.txt or #paletteusage.txt which contain the result of the operation in a text format.

Public SHPs

Tools

Last edited by Lin Kuei Ominae on Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This tool will come in quite handy in the near future Very Happy

If only OS SHP Builder had this feature too...

Could you maybe add a 'Select All' button by the way? Currently selecting everything seems to take slightly more effort than it should (click top tile, scroll down, hold shift, click bottom tile). Even just being able to press Ctrl+A to select everything would already be more convenient.

Maybe also automatically make it filter out SHPs (without requiring the user to do so himself), considering it apparently can't analyze SHP colors anyhow.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I select first, then hold [Shift] and press the [End] key to select all which is fast enough for me. (stupid windows listview doesn't has the typical windows ctrl+a shortcut  #Mad )
But i can add a select all button. Maybe i also manage to get the ctrl+a shortcut implemented.

SHPs and non-TMP format files are ignored anyway, as it can't open them in the first place they also don't change the result of any of the 3 operations.
So if the user really doesn't wants them, i think the filter is enough.
During my tests i also kept selecting text files and other crap files among the TMP-files (it's only a nano-second longer for each of the non-TMP files before the tool notices it has to ignore it).

\Edit
found a super easy code example to add ctrl+a shortcut to listviews and added it

redownload if you had the new version 6 already.

Public SHPs

Tools

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice, CTRL+A works now Smile

Also, the filter is indeed enough, but I meant that it might be better if the "List only TMP files" filter is enabled by default, since there is little reason (or none at all, for as far as I know) for people to see any of the other files anyhow.

By the way, what is this TeMPle of Mod thing? #Tongue

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
By the way, what is this TeMPle of Mod thing? #Tongue

The next bigger project i was mentioning and which I won't reveal in public yet. Wink

Public SHPs

Tools

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yay updates, this should make coveting between different theaters even easier.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just noticed, i made a logical mistake in the conversion algorithm.
if you take the example scheme
[Data]
34=204
32=192
192=208

then it would convert all pixel with color 32 to color 192 and after that it would go over all pixel again and change pixel with 192 to 208. Thus you end up with pixel 32 and 192 being color 208 which is wrong, as it doesn't allows any real conversion like
1=2
2=1
where 2 colors are exchanged. (with the old technique both would end up having color 1)

This bug is fixed and the new zip uploaded.
Please download the tool again if you did that already. (Version number is still 1.1.0.6 but you can see in the info dialog changelog at the end the bugfix)

Sorry for the inconvenience.

@Bittah: sorry, i thought i answered that already: i haven't enabled the "List only TMP files" filter by default, because it would significantly slow down the loading time of the files.
Such a check takes about 3-5 seconds on 3000 files. And this would always take this time, even if there are no non-TMP format files in the folder.
I think those who modify tmps, will mostly use an empty folder and only extract the tmps in it, thus it would be quite redundant to use that filter. (and 10-20 shps with tem extension can be ignored as the 3 functions ignore them too)

Public SHPs

Tools

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I personally use a folder called isotem, which contains all files that I import into isotem.mix. I understand your reasoning for not enabling the filter by default though.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

new version uploaded
TMP Shop Version 01.01.00.07
-(update) "Color Scheme Generator" added to [Tools] menu

There are 2 different formulas to choose, to calculate the matching colors.
While Delta E94 is widely used, Delta E2000 is a newer one which is supposed to be not that approved yet, but which I think leads to better results.

how to use:
1. select Palette A
2. select Palette B
3. press [Generate Color Scheme] button
4. copy the text from the textbox into your color scheme file

Public SHPs

Tools

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually while that has some hue inconsistencies it gave me a thought.

Can you make that actual result saved as pal too?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sure. But why?
I fail to see any reason for having this as a palette o.O
It doesn't even work as a "nice ordered palette" since it has less colors than palette A and less than palette B.

Public SHPs

Tools

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It would be a palette with redundant colors. It doesn't seem to be a good idea.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes in this displayed case but else I would see it as potentially useful palette swap without having to redo the shps indexing.

If you happen to have more diverse palettes (actual gradient lined) being mixed instead of these single shade likes (ra2 unittem.pal) which are of course redundant colors causing, else you could re-shade whole assets in one swoop if we have like whole proper gradients with full ranges based pals, perhaps handy way to reassure same consistent color look for various assets using multiple palettes originally. Has two applications in my mind, quick color palette swapping or alternative color shift to be used for decoding with and then converting to actual palette in effect recoloring with other asset source pal what wasn't it before.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

new version uploaded
TMP Shop Version 01.01.00.08
-(bugfix) "Changed Colors only" in "Color Scheme Generator" fixed
-(update) contextmenu added to palettes with options to load/save the palette

right click on the palette to open a contextmenu from where you can load/save the palette.

Public SHPs

Tools

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With these frequent updates I'm thinking it might be convenient to add some sort of auto-update system.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not a fan of stuff that auto-connects to a strange place and downloads unknown stuff.

If things are working fine now, the next update will surely also take a while again.

Public SHPs

Tools

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The easy for solution for other people who are not a fan of that is to just add an option to disable auto update and possibly to make it entirely visible where files are downloaded from and where they are downloaded to.
Alternatively you could also just make it show a download link (or a link to this topic) whenever a new version is available, although that would require a little more user input. This is mainly just to make sure that people who don't visit PPM as frequently don't keep using some old version for months (or even years) without ever realizing that there's been a new version available for ages.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry, but no, i don't think i'll implement this. There are too many reasons that speak against it
-for the 10 people who use it (not only downloaded and then deleted again) this is not necessary
-it's a lot of work for a feature that doesn't provides anything useful context wise (nothing for TMP editing)
-no point in implementing it, when then most people disable it again (auto-updates and auto-update-checks are annoying. also for firewall and virus scanner who then pop up)
-this tool is supposed to be finish at some point (every new feature in the past saw 1 to 3 bugfixes, then it was stable). It's not like a mod that sees years of development and constant changes.
-beside the "TeMPle of Mod" there aren't any new features planned. I think i implemented anything so far that fits to the purpose of this tool and there aren't any additions left.
-this tool is 1 year old and the last bigger update series was in dec last year (when it still was young), so i wouldn't call this frequent updates. It's just the usual bugfixing after a new feature is implemented and then it isn't changed anymore until someone has another idea for an improvement

Public SHPs

Tools

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

any way you can make a video showing how this works?

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I never made a tutorial video. Is there anything unclear? I was hoping the functionality and interface is quite self-explanatory.

Public SHPs

Tools

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

im all about terrain, just cant see how to get it to work.....there is 2 kinds of roads  tile style 11 four lane and style 12 two lane. though if i knew how to use than maybe it would be easier for to do some things, guess ill just stick to what i know for now.

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 3 [138 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum