Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Taquarinha [YR][2-8] Map
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
LT.COL.Taquara
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject:  Taquarinha [YR][2-8] Map
Subject description: An 8 player enormous map
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hope you enjoy this one
I spent decades to build this map
A big 8 player temperate map with many features.

minimap.PNG
 Description:
The minimap preview.
 Filesize:  26.91 KB
 Viewed:  4908 Time(s)

minimap.PNG

estrategybuilder.yrm
 Description:
The Map

Download
 Filename:  estrategybuilder.yrm
 Filesize:  514.66 KB
 Downloaded:  633 Time(s)

Last edited by LT.COL.Taquara on Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Augusto
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lets see... Wink

LT.COL.Taquara
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you see any mistake, or have a suggestion post here Wink

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you say many features, like? just curious. I like the map preview.

Augusto
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LT.COL.Taquara wrote:
If you see any mistake, or have a suggestion post here Wink

Its very good Taquara, you use Terrain Expansion to make it?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[Pros]
  • The shoreline is mostly very smooth and natural, except for few straight sections that really stand out.
  • All bases are more or less reachable via the rivers, i.e. susceptible to naval attacks.
  • The overall shape of the map, as judged from the minimap, looks good.

[Cons]
  • There's an odd distribution of player spots, for example the player at the lower-right corner of the map is likely to be safe from a lot of, if any, attacks. On the contrary, the top-middle player is propably going to be end up grinded by the players surrounding it.
  • Square ore fields. Although ore spawning on the top of the ground is not exactly the most realistic thing in the two Red Alert games, and I won't go further into that, it's still recommend to avoid making the ore/Tiberium/resource fields entirely square.
  • Ore on roads...
  • Straight cliffs, slopes and shorelines. You should usually avoid making any natural formations straight and polygonal, it only makes them look artificial.
  • Missing and/or repetive cliff pieces. It's obvious you used the auto-cliffing tool. It's recommended not to, instead place the cliffs manually.
  • Spots of jungle everywhere. It is and looks better to have bigger patches of forest than small clumps all around the place.
  • The oil derricks could use some pavement under them, or some other details that makes them stand out less.
  • There is a ton of random buildings around. What are the russian buildings doing in an obviously temperate zone map?
  • A lot of capturable buildings, but they are placed closer to one player or the other.
  • Some of the bridge repair huts seem too far away from the bridge itself, I'm not sure if they will now function at all.
  • I'm pretty sure I missed something but I can't just bother to look. Fixing the rest is enough for start.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon