Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:45 pm
All times are UTC + 0
TSunmix
Moderators: Community Tools Developpers
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Ivosh
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject:  TSunmix
Subject description: open source tool for extracting Tiberian Sun .mix files
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello,
I would like to introduce you my new tool for extraction TS mix file content.

The tool has similar functionality as Olaf's XCC MIX CTL , but is cross-platform and maintained. In near future I would like to develop tsmix for editing mix files and GUI written in Qt.

I would appreciate any help with testing, and binaries maintenance. As Linux user I can produce only linux binary and debian package.

I would also like to hear comments - feel free to tell your opinion or ask for more detailed documentation.

Project homepage:

http://code.google.com/p/tsunmix/[/url]

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome, nice to see motivation to work on new tools.

Perhaps someone can move this to the CNC Tools forum?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

moved. Smile

And great to see a new try for a mix editing tool. Maybe this one will one day replace all the existing tools and don't tend to create corrupt mix files as well as making it even easier to create and modify mix files.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice. How can we use this on windows?

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can run the XCC utilities by Wine.

Ivosh
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ArvinCool wrote:
Nice. How can we use this on windows?

First I need to find someone, who would produce .exe file from source code. It shouldn't be so hard - maybe just download Netbeans IDE 7 and compile the source code, but I never tried that under windows.

I hope a win user with c++ development experience will try soon.

Ivosh
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TiberFCSL wrote:
I can run the XCC utilities by Wine.

Yep, but It does not mean it's cross platform. XCC is awesome tool, but using software under wine has it's crons.

Ivosh
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: windows binary produced Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will try it. Can this tool extract files from an encrypted mix?

Ivosh
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes, but only tiberian sun mix files.

for simple test you can use for example

show archive content
Code:
tsunmix TIBSUN.MIX list

extract all to current dir
Code:
tsunmix TIBSUN.MIX all

extract all to specified EXISTING dir
Code:
tsunmix TIBSUN.MIX all -o existing_directory

Thank you.

ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Exactly how can is this tool be limited to TS? AFAIK TS and RA2/YR use the same mix types(i e they are the same). Someone correct me if I am wrong.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ArvinCool wrote:
Exactly how can is this tool be limited to TS? AFAIK TS and RA2/YR use the same mix types(i e they are the same). Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Seems to work fine with YR aswell, at least for me.

This looks very promising.

Ivosh
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ArvinCool wrote:

Older games (I think it's RA1 and TD) use different algorithm to count crc from filename, which is used as file ID. So for those games tsunmix shouldn't work yet. Smile

ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

actually, this works well with YR mixes. I extracted files from an encrypted mix.
Thanks for this tool.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This program uses XCC code, so it should be able to extract the TS mix files that XCC extracts. While the XCC code to extract TD/RA1 mix is theorically there, it is not enabled by design yet.

Ivosh
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello,
I'm back to tell you some new about TSunmix.

few days ago I started to experiment with mix files modifications. A bug in tool would screw mix files, so I made separated project tsmix (http://code.google.com/p/tsmix/), which should be used only for testing.

It can add and remove files. Instead of changing original file, new file modified.mix is created. This should prevent any damage on original files. It can also provide all TSunmix functionality.

No binary has been compiled yet. As for now I have trouble with cross compile (to windows) tsmix, which uses boost library. Only reasonable solution is to compile on virtual windows machine, so .exe binary will be produced later.

Linux binary or debian package will be produced on demand or when TSmix reaches more reliable state.

I'm still working also on TSunmix, but it seems it will soon has all needed functionality.

Thank you for your comments and interest, it gave me strength to continue Smile

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now that's a good idea, saving the altered archive and not overwriting the existing. Good work!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum