Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Whaaaaaat??! Gattling Cannon on a Grand Cannon??!
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [27 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
LH_Mouse
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject:  Whaaaaaat??! Gattling Cannon on a Grand Cannon??! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very Happy

4.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  385.89 KB
 Viewed:  8696 Time(s)

4.png

3.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  605.57 KB

3.png

2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  361.51 KB

2.png

1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  584.04 KB

1.png

We will prevail!!!

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I must be missing something because I don't get it.

Steam

LH_Mouse
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Think about the Overlord Tank in CCG ZH.

7664.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  10.53 KB
 Viewed:  8688 Time(s)

7664.PNG

We will prevail!!!

Palkia323
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I lol'd at that pic SO HARD!

3ds Topic
Clicky

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So you attached a complete building to the position of another buildings barrel?
That is really cool.

Does the length of the GrandCannon barrel adds to the firing range of the Gattling turret? Or is the Gattling turret range calculated from the centre of the GC foundation?

Can you attach it to a moving object like a ship as well?
Does the gattling turret still has its own strength and armor or does it use the one of the mother building, the GC? Can you destroy the Gattling turret without damaging the GC?

Can you make a building moveable using a different locomotor that statue and speedtype?

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see it! My mind is blown.

SSTG
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So if I got this right this logic allows a grand cannon to have gattling logic as a secondary weapon?

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Might have been more clear for most if the gattling cannon was on top of the grand cannon if you meant to say, that it is additional part to grand cannon building like a turret upgrade/add, i'd be more interested if it can work independantly to fire at things while grand fires on its own targets and if maintains own health or shared health #Tongue

SSTG
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

actually can this work like having 2 ground weapons aiming at 2 targets at once?

LH_Mouse
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Such a thing(e.g. the gattling cannon in the picture) is called "Virtual Units". Of course it is a unit and has its own target, weapons, sight, and so on. However it is not considered "existing on the map" thus is immune to normal weapons, and cannot be selected.

We will prevail!!!

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would love to see a battleship with 13 virtual units, so it can attack 13 different targets at the same time.
3 triple cannon turrets (Anti armor)
6 dual gun MGs (Anti Infantry)
4 rocket launcher (Anti Air)

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd like to see some sort of ingame animation of this

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that was my design for GZ(if LH doesn't mind my saying)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LH_Mouse wrote:
Such a thing(e.g. the gattling cannon in the picture) is called "Virtual Units". Of course it is a unit and has its own target, weapons, sight, and so on. However it is not considered "existing on the map" thus is immune to normal weapons, and cannot be selected.

If I get this right, you effectively attached another TechnoClass to one.

Following questions, source of bugs:
How it reacts to bunkering-debunkering? (TechnoClass::Remove)
Does it gets destroyed with it's parent unit?
Chronosphere?
Temporal weapons?
Radiation?
OpenTransport?
Passenger logic?
EMP?
IronCurtain?
Deploying/undeploying?

The idea is great, no doubt. I wonder if it gets properly coded. My AttachAnim failed acknowleding the power of TechnoClass::Remove, which is why the idea seems abandoned now.

I'm definitely interested in this idea.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
LH_Mouse
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Following questions, source of bugs:
How it reacts to bunkering-debunkering? (TechnoClass::Remove)
Does it gets destroyed with it's parent unit?
Chronosphere?
Temporal weapons?
Radiation?
OpenTransport?
Passenger logic?
EMP?
IronCurtain?
Deploying/undeploying?

1. Virtual units will be removed if its *ParentUnit equals NULL;
2. See above;
3. Virtual units can be neither chronosphere'd nor iron-curtain'd;
4. Temporal weapons are not "weapons that deal normal damage" so they ARE able to erase virtual units. However in general a unit won't automatically attack virtual units since virtual units are not "on the map";
5. Not tested, most probably vulnerable;
6. Virtual units cannot carry passengers, and if its parent unit gets transported it will run into the same state(limboed, opentopped, etc);
7. GZ's EMP is based on the normal damage system, thus EMP does not work on virtual units;
8. See 3;
9. See 1. <-- I'm not sure whether it is worth making this transitive.

============================================
Video clip:

virtualunit.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  virtualunit.rar
 Filesize:  6.59 MB
 Downloaded:  259 Time(s)

We will prevail!!!

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pretty awesome but it seems MC doesn't affect the virtual unit even if the primary one has been captured.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
LH_Mouse
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Later I'll fix it. There're a lot of parameters needed to be synchronized between the virtual unit and its parent on each frame.

We will prevail!!!

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mostly, I meant if the parent gets an effect applied, would that effect be carried over to it's virtual counterpart. Especially Temporal, EMP, Passengers and Curtain. (At passenger, an example of it's use: parent is a Gunner=yes object, would the virtual use it's passenger for own roles, too?)

Seeing that the community considers this as an implementation of the multi-turret logic, these came into my mind.

Yeah, since you expands the YR tables directly, I guess you won't have problems with pointer-arithmetics, true.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
LH_Mouse
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

S/L? Take a look at the function @70BF50, that'll help.

We will prevail!!!

SSTG
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So I'm guessing this will allow multiple turret units? say the virtual unit is just a turret without a body (think battleship wise)

Or even a unit with one turret but with multiple weapons like the GLA scropion tank with its main cannon and the rocket upgrade? so it can attack something like other tanks with both weapons?

LH_Mouse
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Correct.

In this picture:
APOC: *pAttachedVirtualUnit=SREF1, *pParentUnit=NULL;
SREF1: *pAttachedVirtualUnit=SREF2, *pParentUnit=APOC;
SREF2: *pAttachedVirtualUnit=SREF3, *pParentUnit=APOC;
SREF3: *pAttachedVirtualUnit=SREF4, *pParentUnit=APOC;
SREF4: *pAttachedVirtualUnit=NULL, *pParentUnit=APOC;

[SREF]
Virtual=yes
CoordRelativeTo=Turret ; Turret/Body means coordinates are relative to parent's turret/body(the same way as FLH), otherwise considered absolute delta XYZ from parent.
TurretRotationLockedOnto=None ; None means free, Turret/Body means locked to be the same as it parent's turret/body.
BodyRotationLockedOnto=Turret

424.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  134.85 KB
 Viewed:  8492 Time(s)

424.jpg

We will prevail!!!

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting, OverlordContain logic in YR.

KALAPS S8
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How to do it?

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This even might work as a nod multi turret placement logic like in cnc 3 logic. neat tho would be useful like what LKO said battle ships and stuff plus you might add like for an APC with a turret that repairs and other that defends and lots of different possibilities.

Edit: this as well will save lots of work for ARES devs or is it Npatch related ?

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This was for Gear Zero AFAIK which is long dead. And it was posted 4 years ago.

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

O-Bolt: ah, sorry haven't looked at the date's.

Kenosis: Thanks, sad tho they haven't had any interest, but I guess it is difficult codding wise.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [27 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon