Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:18 am
All times are UTC + 0
What the heck is wrong with my YR?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:30 am    Post subject:  What the heck is wrong with my YR? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So the TFD version didn't work and then I tried using my originally ra2/yr disks, and the result is what you see below. The menus are all screwed up, the intro movies are all screwed up, and I once managed to hit the right combination of invisible buttons to get ingame, and thats all screwed up. I've exhausted the compatibility options, and I have no idea where to turn now. Normal ra2 works fine, but YR is dead.

whatthehell.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  141.34 KB
 Viewed:  3051 Time(s)

whatthehell.jpg

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You got a Nvidia GeForce GTX465 or 470 or something like that?
If you do, try updating the drivers. That might solve it.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WHAT DID YOU DO?! No, but seriously, what AlexB said. I had this same issue with DoW II and draw errors. Updating my drivers fixed it, though I could have sworn my drivers were already up to date.

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

YR has always required me to enable compatibility mode (win98) to make it work, while original RA2 works without it. Do you have it on for YR but not for RA2? Can't think of any other reason why one would work and the other wouldn't.

LH_Mouse
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

YR requires some VB6 runtime libraries while RA2 doesn't.

We will prevail!!!

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks like it was the Drivers. I shall not question it.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had that exact problem, but with TS. Drivers fixed that too.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:37 am    Post subject: yr Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Um....I have TFD and tried using Yuri disc to play and it always kicks back looking for the disc

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm had the same issue with one person and no solution came for it regards win7 and the issue stem from the bink video seemingly...works fine for him using win xp.

compatibility was no solution, so drivers update fixed it here?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon