Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Sidebar Templates PSD [RA2/YR]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject:  Sidebar Templates PSD [RA2/YR]
Subject description: Photoshop only.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Making sidebars is far from an easy task, in fact it is one of the hardest things to create for a mod as I know from experience. I've made some templates for both the Allied and the Soviet sidebars in order to make creating and converting my sidebars to SHP format much easier. These templates work very well so I thought I'd share them with the Public. I'll make some Tiberian Sun templates another time, even though TS Sidebars are much easier than RA2 sidebars. Enjoy.

Templates.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Templates.rar
 Filesize:  216.47 KB
 Downloaded:  484 Time(s)

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good stuff, but maybe you should layer the each part so people know how it is broken up.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol,made quite recently one too.

Tho this one excuses me some time.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darkstorm wrote:
Good stuff, but maybe you should layer the each part so people know how it is broken up.

...I did. Rolling Eyes Maybe you should actually download something before making a stupid remark.

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gj Mr. Angry. Downloading.. Laughing

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My bad, I can't really make use of it since I kind of don't have Photoshop.

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bump. Requesting for sticky. Never seen this before, since it's in the depths of the other stuff in the media hut.

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, very useful I needed these recently and lost my old copy.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Krow wrote:
Bump. Requesting for sticky.

Accessible via the TS templates in the tutorials forum, which have a link to this one.

To sticky it here wouldn't fit.

But feel free to write a small tutorial and i'll apply your text to the first post, so it can be moved in the tutorials forum too.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess that would suffice then. If I'm not too lazy, then maybe I'll try making a small tutorial about it, with all the credits to Aro of course.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since Aro covered already pretty much all the details about the following SHP-conversion work and the basics of the layers and frames, you could also concentrate more on photoshop and explain a few tricks how to
-draw good looking beveled panels
-apply nice lighting
-create textured surfaces (to avoid single colored areas)

Then only mention the differences and new things you have to keep in mind when creating a RA2 sidebar compared to the TS one, so for things that are the same you can point to the TS tutorial.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon