Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:25 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Modeling Contest results
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
SDKH
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject:  Modeling Contest results
Subject description: Yay
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, first I want to say thanks to everyone who submitted an entry.
So, There were some good entries into this comp. Like Machine not at all what I expected, everyone did a great job coming up with some origional designs and put a lot of effort into everything.

The final scores were made up of the judges averages, plus any bonus points from the public voting.

Anyway, to the point. Here's the results.

1st Joshy: 100
2ndpartyzanPaulZy: 95
3rdIckus: 75.5
4thLKO: 71.5
5thvefbl4: 61.5

My scores

Joshy
Model detail: 24/25
Texturing: 15/25
Creativity: 22/25
General design: 25/25
Bonus Points: 15
Totcal: 101/100

Definitely one of the more detailed models of the comp. The time you managed to finish it in was great. The only thing holding your model back was the texturing, But overall Great job.

Crevio
Disqualified

LKO
Model detail: 16/25
Texturing: 24/25
Creativity: 17/25
General design: 18/25
Total: 74/100

Nice overall entry, but I couldn't help but feel the model itself was a tad plane. However the end product showed good knowledge of modeling software and how to make good well thought out model.

Ickus
Model detail: 12/25
Texturing: 25/25
Creativity: 25/25
General design: 15/25
Bonus points: 10
Total: 87/100

Definitely the most original entry. Was interesting and showed the best skill in UV mapping. While the model was relatively low in detail, it more than made up for that in other areas. Another Great model to add to the count.

partyzanPaulZy
Model detail: 22/25
Texturing: 18/25
Creativity: 14/25
General design: 20/25
Bonus points: 20
Total: 94/100

Though the fabled old Mighty Mammoth itself, isn't the most original thing to model, you did a great job on making a different and original variation, Which isn't the easiest thing to do. Though your texturing was a bit simple the model itself was well made.

vefbl4
Model detail: 22/25
Texturing: 0/25
General design: 20/25
Total: 64/100

I thought you had a great concept and a great model, I just thought it was a shame you didn't have a chance to finish. But those things happen.

SDKH
Awesome, One million points.

Machine wrote:
To have a somewhat objective point to judge for, I'll be giving full score to the best entry, in each category, and then judge how the rest did, in comparison to it.
BTW used the General design category, mainly to judge the overall composition, I mean, the beauty shot

The contest wasn't what I was expecting, since I foresaw only mammoth tank remakes, with some mechs and maybe an orca, and we got no mechs, an orca and only one tank (which was a mammoth).
I did expect better entries though, and probably judging in the way I did was not the best choice, since that bumped a lot the points for texturing.
Anyway I was impressed by the number of entries, which was still low, but more than what I expected.

Joshy
Model detail: 25/25
Texturing: 15/25
Creativity: 19/25
General design: 25/25
Total: 84/100

It was a nice entry, a lot of wok was put into it, but the most impressive part of it, is the short amount of time you needed to do so.
It could have used some extra work on texturing the infantry model. I awarded it bonus points in general design for being the only entry with several different models on the scene.

Crevio
Disqualified

LKO
Model detail: 16/25
Texturing: 23/25
Creativity: 15/25
General design: 15/25
Total: 69/100

It could have used more detailing, and it lost some points since, conceptually, it's just a port from a different game.
Besides that, it was properly textured, but it could have used a more detailed texture. Anyway, I'll be waiting to see it SHPized.

Ickus
Model detail: 10/25
Texturing: 25/25
General design: 14/25
Total: 74/100

It's a nice little evil ant, the most creative entry, as it's something I've never seen before. It also has the best texturing.
However the model itself is quite simple, and the presentation could have been better, though the crate was a nice touch.

partyzanPaulZy
Model detail: 25/25
Texturing: 20/25
Creativity: 12/25
General design: 19/25
Total: 76/100

This entry lost many points in creativity, after all the Mammoth Tank, is probably the most overused unit in C&C, besides the engineer.
However, it won some points there, for the bottles Wink, even if those couldn't be seen in the beauty shoot.
As most entries, it could have used better texturing. And using some more effects would have earned you more points on the beauty shot.

vefbl4
Model detail: 23/25
Texturing: 0/25
General design: 14/25
Total: 59/100

Clearly and Orca class aircraft, however something new never seen before, looks like a civilian patrol orca, which is quite nice.
Sadly it wasn't textured, which was a shame. Presentation was good, however texturing had an impact there.
Honestly I hope you finish it properly, with similar textures to the ones you use on your buildings.

SDKH
Can't judge it, sadly Sad

Machine
It's unfinished, but it would have been, obviously, the best entry ever... seriously, yeah right Laughing.

Once again thanks to all those who competed, and Joshy just PM Banshee about your custom rank.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good job there, Joshy! Very Happy

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll make a news post about this when I'm home again (if Aro hasn't done that in the mean time) Wink Also, congrats Joshy!

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

congrats Joshy. It was a close but deserved win.
I would have hoped to get at least under the first 3, but you can't always win. The judges did a good job on the results.

Thanks SDKH for the contest.

P.S. expect to see soon my cyborg fully textured and detailed in the TI forums. Very Happy

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good job joshy, but how can you get 101/100?

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because he got 15 bonus points and was 14 points short of the regular 100.

Congratulations Joshy! You won as you deserved to.

suraj_geddam98
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Joshy ftw! Joshy ftw!

Tutorials rock!

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Ickus

Damn straight.

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^ yup, Ickus's creation was awesome, It should be used in his mod and I would be quite suprised if it wasn't.....

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks to everyone for your kind words. This contest was a fun one, and I'm glad I entered it. To all the other entries, you all did a great job and it was awesome to see what you guys produced.

Thanks to SDKH and Machine. Very Happy I'll pm Banshee about the rank thing.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

#Tongue I wonder what rank Joshy will choose...

edited for grammar and stuff.

Last edited by Orac on Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
I wonder what Rank Joshy will choose...

K.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Orac wrote:
I wonder what Rank Joshy will choose...

K.

hahahahahahaha, great job joshy, great job, you deserve it Very Happy

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Schwing!

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Schwing!

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks everyone for the support.

Last edited by Ickus on Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

crevio
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congrats, Joshy.

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congrats Joshy!

Also that ant from Ickus was really original.

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Robopope99
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WOOO JOSHY!!!- good job man!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon