Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:45 pm
All times are UTC + 0
CommandCOM: Questions and Answers!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject:  CommandCOM: Questions and Answers!
Subject description: You asked! Muldrake brought the answers!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Before the CommandCOM event happens, Muldrake has setup a Questions thread, where you could post your questions and he'd bring them to the devs. And now, after the event, he posted the answers he could grab. Here's the deal:

Muldrake wrote:
C&C4 Questions:
How is the AI established? Will it be as defined as in C&C3?
The AI will be very adaptable, such that it can work and change to your tactics if you change from one Crawler type to another. It has even needed to be tamed because it was too good in places. I am unsure if there will be AI variants like in C&C3, but its very plausible.

What are, if any, the plans for Mod SDK and Map Editor? Apoc and the guys couldn't speak about that, as I think it was simply too early. But they have been pushing for one.

How flexible will it be to make small modifications, like changing the pop cap?
This can be tied up to the previous question.

How is tiberium approached in this game? Both in gameplay and explanation.
Tiberium is mostly controlled thanks to the new network of nodes. So it won't be as wide spread as it previously was. That said, there are still areas ravaged by Tiberium. Although not ingame yet, there are concepts and plans for Tiberium Fauna and Flora.

More information on the Tiberium Control Network
I couldn't get much more information on the TCN, as I think its tied in a lot to the story, which was tried to be kept a bit hidden. But its a combination of GDI and Nod working together. To capture them/utilise them, you need special trucks to move and capture them. Each node can have 4 trucks.

How intensive will the internet requirements be on the game? What happens when the servers go down?
There was a lot of discussion about this and the community guys made sure this was heavily brought up. Its still being looked into, for the continual internet requirements, but they are looking into options for offline play. Hopefully know more later.

Will heroes be ingame (Kane himself)?
Afraid not.

Will units have special abilities? What micromanagement will they have, if any?
Some units will have special abilities, some will have multiple ones. How they will be used ingame will depend, some are passive effects, others not. Examples are things like Nod Spider Tanks being able to burrow, and avenger Tanks deploying mines when it dies.

C&C4 Ingame Observations:
Are infantry still in the game?

Yes, but are currently restricted to the Defense class.

Are superweapons in the game, if so, in what form?
Yes, they are shared between the Defense and Support classes. How they will work it is unsure, as they aren't really ingame yet. However Jason did mention some which will "charge up", and can be fired to different powers of charge.

Will there be new Tiberium Lifeforms and Plantlife?
Yes, see above answer. Although ingame only Visceroids were seen. (Under mutant control).

Investigate Pathfinding - Has it been improved?
Pathfinding has apparently been improved, and is being continually improved throughout the game development. I came across a few issues, namely with the hovering engineer around cliffs. But for the most part, I didn't notice issues with normal units.

How does the new build logic play? Is the support class enough for the retro fans?
The defense class is the one for base building, and I can't really speak much for it, as I didn't get to experience it, but from the sounds of it, it could be good. I think the whole logic of the game is to work together with the different parts of each side, and that has the possibility to be brilliant fun.
The support class was only recently included in the beta we tested, as a result were not balanced yet.

Map design
Admittedly the map I played for singleplayer was very symetrical, which was a huge disappointment. However the map was very well done. And had a brilliant atmosphere. I would describe it as the way yellow zones should have been done in TW. The spit-roasting visceroids were a nice touch..

Community/General C&C Questions:
Does EA look at prominent TS/RA2 mods to be featured by them?

APOC and 2POC are trying to include as many mods as possible for spotlight, but its pretty hard to track them all over so many games. The answer they said is pretty simple. They are happy to promote these mods, but you need to help with the promotion. If you want your mod spotlighted, email 2POC with details of it, so he can spotlight it. If you want your mod spotlighted, you have to go out and sell it! And this was agreed upon with other community representatives there.. if you want your mod publicised, then go out to the moderators of the community sites and tell them about your mod, include pics, and most will post up the news.

Hopefully that answers some/most of your questions for now.

Muldrake will write more information about what he has seen there. For now, check the Questions Thread.

Last edited by Banshee on Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:29 am; edited 2 times in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

URL Link errors in the tags mate. Otherwise, hooray for Muldrake.

ConMan
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Adaptable AI is awesome Smile

Wess
TS Mapping GOD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i hope they add a bunch more asymmetrical maps this time.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry Wess, I just asked the magic 8-ball and it said "No Way!" =/ provided it was an online version of the magic 8-ball so there is room for error in it unlike the real magic 8-ball....

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not entirely sure why you'd need a truck to capture a Node. I always assumed Nodes were built to be self sufficient and hence could be secured by Engineers like all other buildings.

Unless the trucks have other purposes.

The white lady~!

need my speed
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!