Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:08 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Upcoming features for our tools!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:59 am    Post subject:  Upcoming features for our tools!
Subject description: It's time to reveal our plans to conquer the world.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

During this month I've been working hard to bring some cool features for at least three tools. Things were doing fine until I figured out I have a physics test next saturday. Considering my situation with that subject, I had to halt my progress with the tools, so I'm sorry if I cannot show any picture with progress of these features, unless I fake it or photoshop it. So, here's some quick notes about them:

Open Source BIG Editor

If you look at OS BIG Editor's SVN, the last revision was posted last year and it could open .MEG files and tried to save them as well, but most of the times, the games from Petroglyph couldn't simply read the saved .meg files. There is a feature I've worked in the background during this year.. and that is the ability to open and save .mix files. Due to the cryptographic code from XCC utilities (which is better than nothing), this is not being an easy task and it is far from being finished. The difference between MIX files in this tool and other tools is that every directory inside the main MIX file will also be a MIX file, but you will not notice it when you play with the program.

Open Source Voxel Viewer

This was originally off the plans, but considering that I had fun at working on it again and I've restored the 1.75 code in the latest 1.82, I've decided to create a bullet emulator. With that feature, you could figure out the best FLH Primary Fire settings for your unit. It will allow you to blink the bullet at the FLH Primary Fire position. And... you can also make your unit shoot purple bullets as well. The bullet will be a cube with the size of a voxel.

Voxel Section Editor III

The next big feature is already known by many and I've even announced that in the forum and interviews. It's the ability to export voxel as models. And I'm not talking about a set of cubes. I'm talking about a set of triangles, with a tendency to look chamfered, with the least amount of vertices as possible. This feature should take a couple of months, since it is not a very obvious thing and the first versions will certainly not feature colours, since I'll have to test the shape as well. Once the shape is fully functional, I'll go into textures and then we'll see colours.

Note that autonormals should be improved as well, since I figured out what makes the latest version fails in few ocasions.

And that's all. I have no plans to continue OS: HVA Builder, except for the possibility of attaching the latest OS: Voxel Viewer code on it. OS SHP Builder will not get my focus either.

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That would be great. Razz, esp. exporting voxels to models.
I thought it's possible if you take voxels with the same normal vector as one flat field (with points in the corners).

To the latest Vxl_SE III autonormals:
The problem is when I apply these, black lines appear (normals bug).

The 2nd layer (under top layer) contains those lines of inappropriate n value. Wink

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I've decided to create a bullet emulator. With that feature, you could figure out the best FLH Primary Fire settings for your unit. It will allow you to blink the bullet at the FLH Primary Fire position. And... you can also make your unit shoot purple bullets as well. The bullet will be a cube with the size of a voxel.

If you can do this I will name you a king! I have for the longest time thought about trying to do some thing that would find a close enough FLH. Very Happy

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

VXL to 3Ds, what a brilliant concept - it'd make deployment soooo buch easier from vxl form.
Good luck Banshee, these things sound Utopian.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!