Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:45 pm
All times are UTC + 0
New ROS Trailer
Moderators: Holy_Master
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject:  New ROS Trailer Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last edited by Holy_Master on Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

o_0
Vidoe quality is horrible, and its way to small to se anything.
Sorry

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He is right, we can't make out really anything of the videos. Don't upload them to youtube, instead, post them here for download.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ahh sorry.. but i dont know here to upload it. Sad

ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok i upload the new one already you can check it on top.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nah...i think you should give atleast the bombers a reload bay, it looks really stupid that they float all the time in the air with unlimited ammo and staying still over the target when bombing...

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no it imposible to make perfect aircraft shp work like voxel,one problem is only balloon hover logic can make aircraft shp.and it cant landing to reload.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could the Siege Chopper techique work? Make a bomber with limited ammo, and when the ammo runs out, the player must deploy it. When it lands, it deploys (but VERY slowly, the time it takes to reload the unit) into a fake building that "reloads" the unit. Once the build-up is done, the player can immediately undeploy the fake building to a bomber, which now has all ammo back up!

Also, I can't dowloand for some reason?

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Could the Siege Chopper techique work? Make a bomber with limited ammo, and when the ammo runs out, the player must deploy it. When it lands, it deploys (but VERY slowly, the time it takes to reload the unit) into a fake building that "reloads" the unit. Once the build-up is done, the player can immediately undeploy the fake building to a bomber, which now has all ammo back up!

no i think that give player too much point control on unit, btw everything in vdo can be change and 1 of them is orca bomber weapon for sure.

this's what i still consider
1 ) mybe i'll give it ammo and reload by auto reload logic.after ammo is running out player need to control it avoid from the battle by self and wait for reload done.

2) make it attack with range weapon but it still have short attack range.

and another change is Capital unit call up, i plan to make player can build it from alt factory [but i still have problem with code ]

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Check the help topic you posted for a rough idea of the code Wink

GameMaster0000
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy_Master wrote:
Crimsonum wrote:

no i think that give player too much point control on unit, btw everything in vdo can be change and 1 of them is orca bomber weapon for sure.

this's what i still consider
1 ) mybe i'll give it ammo and reload by auto reload logic.after ammo is running out player need to control it avoid from the battle by self and wait for reload done.

2) make it attack with range weapon but it still have short attack range.

and another change is Capital unit call up, i plan to make player can build it from alt factory [but i still have problem with code ]

I think its can use with logic that can build naval unit in TS

Tiberian Sun : True Power - Reality Power Of 5 Factions...

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just a few things:
-I thought you could make 32 facing shps, so why all the 8 facings?
-Surely there are many high quality voxelists who would be happy to create aircraft for you, so why use the shps - other than the obvious quality of your own design?
Overall, I like it, and those 2 small things won't effect my playing of ROS (So long as the Disruptor is still as strong as in TS.)

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I thought you could make 32 facing shps, so why all the 8 facings?

because Ra2YR engine support only 8 facing, only turret can work in 32 facing. if one day someone working on patch and make it possible support 32 facing, i glade to rerender all my shp unit again. [but look like those day will not come to easy and i dont want to wait] now i just do what engine support to do.

Quote:
-Surely there are many high quality voxelists who would be happy to create aircraft for you, so why use the shps - other than the obvious quality of your own design?

because i try to make whole mod use shp as possible, if i keep some unit still use voxel. it'll not be match with another [specialize lighting of voxel that show some direction too dark/too white and black dot that i personal hate so much because it hard to control by my hand]

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In relation to the 32 facings shps, you might want to ask some of the exe hackers. As it seems to be a fairly easy hack, though that's on TS, dunno if it's possible/easy on RA2.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have enabled 32 facings for TS, and i know how to do it in YR as its the same, but YR is not my game im afraid...

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I have enabled 32 facings for TS, and i know how to do it in YR as its the same, but YR is not my game im afraid...

hmm... can you help me with this? and can i pm you?

ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I noticed that GDI powerplant is full-upgraded when you buy it. I mean the 3 power turbine is one Sad
Holy_Master wrote:
Quote:

hmm... can you help me with this? and can i pm you?

This is nothing cool, just waste of time IMO. I played Yoshis mod, there was a unit with 32 facing. It was almost the same as 8 facings.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I noticed that GDI powerplant is full-upgraded when you buy it. I mean the 3 power turbine is one Sad

first i want to make it can be upgrade but i found problem i dont uderstand with graphic,

i send my powerplant graphic to my codder to code it use ingame, it work very well on codder computer but when i test it on my com the upgrade animation isn't show at all,that make me very confuse and consider to hold that problem for while.

btw i plan to try it again soon but i dont hope it can upgrade like what TS does, because upgrade logic in Ra2 support only 1 slot [truely it allow for 2 slot but ai know to build it only 1]. that mean in my plan when you build powerplant you will get 1 turbine but the upgrade part will give you another 2 turbine.

and shp 32 facing is important for my mod especialize for non-turret unit in 8 facing that you can see something odd on it so easy when it fire they weapon,[ some body cant even stand with it but ok i dont care #Tongue ]

how ever if i cant get this logic doesn't mean i cant finish ROS or stop the project to wait for it [and sure i dont do something like that]. i just cant do everything perfect as i want it be.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PHUCKIN INSANELY DAAAAMN!

I.E., nice trailer, it trails nicely.

Good job Holy Master, you should totally become the next Pope, or something holy.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon