Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:50 am
All times are UTC + 0
it's that time of the year again.
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [88 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next

Christmas
Yes
85%
 85%  [ 29 ]
No
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 34

Wess
TS Mapping GOD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject:  it's that time of the year again. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it's december Exclamation
that meens time to get out those santa hats Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

but to make it a bit more of a usefull topic, i'll add a poll.

simple one, do u like Christmas?

i sure do, I have always loved Christmas.. and it does give me a warm feeling and comfort... I have never known how to explain it Very Happy

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes.

Though I hate how Christmas has been made a marketing title. Look at China. They have everything from Santa to Christmas trees without any idea of the religious, Christian background Confused

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Already made my avatar. I Do like Christmas but I despise snow.

Godofgamers
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Snow is okay. I don't have it anymore since I moved back to SA. I need to dig up my Santa hat...

I hate how some people associate Christmas with religion. Christmas was originally a pagan holiday. Jesus was most likely born in March. Whenever I hear the fascist administration at my school talk about Christmas and Jesus and all that, I just do a humongous facepalm.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NO ONE CAN DISLIKE SNOW.

@GoG: Actually, no. Christmas sucked up many features from paganist holidays kept in winter, but the date has been long around, maybe even in the middle ages.

Last edited by Crimsonum on Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh really? Well I do.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was thinking about doing a pagan christmas this year.

Now I need to find a stone circle to sacrifice some sabertooth tigers and get me some virgins for a special "druid" ritual... #Tongue

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you for reminding me, nearly forgot!

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm atheagnnostic.(Agnostic leaning atheist, anything could happen) and don't believe in the J-man, but the heart is there, even if the mind isn't, so I like christmas.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm kinda in the middle,as I hate Christmas when I can't help others,but I like the fact that I'm in family.

Oh,and,please,somebody out there,forget the Christian spirit:I lost it long time ago...

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol, religious christian background for christmas? Lets celebrate what it reall is-the roman holiday of Saturnalia (google it). Either way, it's a fun time.

Liten
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

YaY for Christmas!!!! Hope i get CoD 5..... GAAAHHH!!!! NAZI ZOMBIES!!!!!!!

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Christmas is fun, about the only time I see some of my family that lives elsewhere. Plus all the egg-nog (FTW!!!!!!). This year's fmucked right up though, it usually snows by the later part of October, and it's December 1st and I've yet to see even a flake! What the Hell happened. I can only assume this'll be the first green Christmas my small mountain community will be witness to.

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bako'Ikaporamee wrote:
Christmas is fun, about the only time I see some of my family that lives elsewhere. Plus all the egg-nog (FTW!!!!!!). This year's fmucked right up though, it usually snows by the later part of October, and it's December 1st and I've yet to see even a flake! What the Hell happened. I can only assume this'll be the first green Christmas my small mountain community will be witness to.

All hail General Leang's Coal Plants!

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ Lt. Albrecht. Jesus was real. Do not doubt that. But he was no god. He was an innovator and a Jewish revolutionairy.

Yay for Christmas. Presents.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oshog wrote:
@ Lt. Albrecht. Jesus was real. Do not doubt that. But he was no god. He was an innovator and a Jewish revolutionairy.

Yay for Christmas. Presents.

Fix. Jesus might have been real. Maybe he was the merging of stories of prophets doing the ANARCHY IN JUDEA thing...

But one thing stands. The Jesus you know from the bible was one hell of an anarchistic communistic rebel scum. Razz
(Ah, the hypocrisy of the neocons and all the other christian commie hater groups.)

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wish me a merry X-mas.

You know its to bad St. Nick OD'd on horse tranquilizers... poor sap.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yup. Only a couple of dewds changed their avatars to x-mas stylish before me. #Tongue

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

meh christmas is cool. but i'm too lazy to christmas-ify my avatar.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Same.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Urm, Dom, you have had that aviator for like 4 years now lol.

Its not like your gonna do anything to it anytime soon xD

Sir Modsalot
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've decided to join the Christmas avvie theme this year. :3

[quote="DCoder"]There is no sanity left in this thread.[/quote]

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Joined on in one the Christmas avvies.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bako'Ikaporamee wrote:

Global...warming...beware...

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love it. Seeing the whole family, presents, and holiday of course #Tongue And about the Santa-hats: it seems TB, Aro and I started the Santa-hat virus #Tongue

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hyper wrote:
Urm, Dom, you have had that aviator for like 4 years now lol.

Its not like your gonna do anything to it anytime soon xD

Damn straight.

I actually wanted a different variation of the Nod Officer, but it was too big, so I stuck with this one.

Wess
TS Mapping GOD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

first time in 7 years i will have a full 2 weeks off work, normally only a day or two around christmas.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Christ...mas...

What...is it? I have heard of this event but I do not seem to have anything I can relate to about 'christmas'...

Must be red, green, hats, mistletoes, pine trees and wrapping paper...

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You mean Saturnalia. Which has everything christmas has minus the baby.

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

to be honest i like the being with friends and loved ones and giving each other a little something but other than that i dont realy like christmas.

@Oshog
Quote:
Jewish revolutionary

im not jewish and i am not aware that i have a jewish counterpart

@Phobonaut
Quote:
(Ah, the hypocrisy of the neocons and all the other christian commie hater groups.)

lol you should hear some of my friends views on that (im suprised i havent been jumped for being a commie

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nothing wrong with being communist.

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

not what thay think

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Admittedly I'm biased I guess though, came from a Red family.

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like Christmas because of the vacation! No useless school wich teaches you things wich you'll forget the next week >_>

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

aye I have 17 days off this year from school. I like the giving and family spirit of x-mas but not the religious undertones that used to be main stream.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

17 days? I have 5 weeks!

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have like, 168 hours...

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Although I do have to work full time at my part time job those five weeks....

Wess
TS Mapping GOD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

better u then me Wink

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Revolutionary wrote:
@Oshog
Quote:
Jesus was real. Do not doubt that. But he was no god. He was an innovator and a Jewish revolutionairy.

im not jewish and i am not aware that i have a jewish counterpart

Gosho was talking about Jesus, not you. Jesus was a hebrew revolutionary communist and anarchist. The term jewish came after his death. And I don't think he was a God or had any God powers either.

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

0warfighter0 wrote:
I like Christmas because of the vacation!

Same here, I'm tired of school already (damn finals) #Tongue. Might get around to make a few voxels for Christmas. I'll just stick with the Valkyrie Avatar for now. Smile

Quote:
Everybody knows a mod that doesn't update every ten seconds is dead.

Javier
My Rank Will Never Change

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah! The happiest part of the year! It's about time to have fun, parties and sex!

MY MOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!11!!1!!1111!!!11!!!1

Godofgamers
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I could certainly do with all three of those. It's annoying though, my parents want to go somewhere almost every holiday, so I end up missing out on parties like New Year's and Halloween.

SDKH
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I always love the Christmas holidays cos its when all the best parts of the year come at once.

1st of all loads of time off school, though doesn't really apply now (Still cant get over that Ive left)

2nd: Christmas itself

3rd: New years (Always fun)

4th: Big day out (New Zealands biggest music event)
5th: My Bday (Just as good as Christmas) #Bday

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Javier wrote:
Ah! The happiest part of the year! It's about time to have fun, parties and sex!

Oh yes, you should see the kind of parties DarkRose and I go to. #Tongue

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You bastards up in birmingham get so drunk and sexed up you gotta get an ambulance paid for by the parents of yours truly to get home #Tongue

And I love the last three weeks of the year, nobody gives you any homework to do or coursework to do at home, 100% free time at home Very Happy

Beowulf
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
NO ONE CAN DISLIKE SNOW.

I love snow. I really hate driving in it thought. ><

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think Im getting a PS3, YAY!!!!.....too bad I wont see any snow...might see some ass though, always run outa time before I get any, not enough time to launch my marines. Very Happy or they land in the wrong dam place dam ediots. Laughing

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

L()KI wrote:
I think Im getting a PS3, YAY!!!!.....too bad I wont see any snow...might see some ass though, always run outa time before I get any, not enough time to launch my marines. Very Happy or they land in the wrong dam place dam ediots. Laughing

I demand you to buy Resistance: FoM and Resistance 2 if you get one Razz

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon