Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:29 am
All times are UTC + 0
Hyena RAB
Moderators: Tiberian Odyssey Active Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject:  Hyena RAB
Subject description: Recon and Attack Bike
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hyena R.A.B

Strength: Low
Armour: Low
Speed: Fast
Cost: 600

The Hyena Recon Attack Bike is the next model Attack Cycle. The Hyena R.A.B features a more advanced design, allowing it to reach greater speeds and mobility more utilizing it's role as a hit and run unit. It has a twin missile launcher fixed above the rear of the bike which allows fast deployment of it's light missiles as to allow it time to retreat to safety. The Hyena R.A.B features very little protection if any and even machine gun fire can be problematic.

Last edited by Morpher on Sat May 02, 2009 11:22 am; edited 6 times in total

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heh. I prefer the C&C1 name.. Raptor sounds so much scarier than Hyena :p

Cool voxel, but I really wonder how a bike with such a wide front wheel can still turn. Heck, the entire design doesn't seem to have any steering system.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
TS was never realistic...neither will TO be. No, the entire PPM isn't realistic.

#Tongue

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
Cool voxel, but I really wonder how a bike with such a wide front wheel can still turn. Heck, the entire design doesn't seem to have any steering system.

That's what I said when they first showed a picture of this unit...

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Image Updated.

jerry32j
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This unit is an exception but...

WHY ARE ALL YOUR VEHICLES SO FREAKIN' TINY!?!?

your tick tank is the size of a normal buggy! That can't be right, and your harv's appear only the hieght of a single soldier!

No offense, they look great, but... IMO they are a tad bit too small.

"But what about the Tiberium!?"
-Nod Tib Harv, Tib War III

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hope, it will have a laughing responce.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HAAA!

The scale seems fine to me, infantry are scaled well with the vehicles. You do realize the scaling has changed from standard TS, right?

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hate to burst your bubble here, but the size difference between, lets say the original tick tank and the current one is, uhm well the new one is a LOT bigger. Same applies to the other voxels.

It's almost like your used to basic 800x600 view and saw these images at 1024x768 and got terribly confused. Oh and yes, I have compared the voxel sizes to originals.

jerry32j
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, I always use full screen on full resolution. Probably I was just tired and couldn't think of a more clear way to say my point. Confused

What I needed was a few more comparison screenies, rather than just the one vehicle. I can't remember any screenies that showed the newer voxels compared to the SHP's and honestly, I didn't see the new tick compared to the old. You guys forget: we can't just go pull a picture out of our a**es like you can. We don't have access to that "I checked it out and it was fine." thing.

Anyways, sorry for the over reaction to the tiny thing. I was in a bad mood, and was very tired. Not to mention the crap load of work I had to do afterwords on my 001 project AND my NHD.

"But what about the Tiberium!?"
-Nod Tib Harv, Tib War III

Eagle 11
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is there an way to make this jump from cliffs whilst moving ?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's impossible in the TS engine if you're thinking of the combat cycles in Generals: Zero Hour, which is a shame cause I would like to add such a feature to a few units myself.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, it might be possible, but with a ugly side-effects. I've noticed that units with hover locomotor glide slowly down from a steep hill, so that you can actually see them float high over the ground. I believe the Gravity= value determines how fast they will descend on such occasion.

Anyway, with correct modifications to the Hover SpeedType you could let a bike with hoverlocomotor access cliffs. Unfortunatelly, you can't prevent them from "climbing" up the cliff.

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

suicidescliffdivers?

yup, neptune size!

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and water about water? Wouldn't making them hover give them access to the seas?

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sure, but cliffs would remain impassable. Imagine how stupid a heli would look that couldnt cross a cliff far below him.

yup, neptune size!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon