Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:56 pm
All times are UTC + 0
A warning about Red Alert 3 Community Summit!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject:  A warning about Red Alert 3 Community Summit!
Subject description: Too bad I ain't comming to this one and I'll do a cambridge exam instead.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since the start of the year, I've been doing a course to take the Certificate in Advanced English which is an exam from the Cambridge University that certifies your english skills to do lectures around the world or work abroad. I'll do this exam tomorrow and on friday.

Recently APOC has invited several C&C community leaders to show up in EALA for the Red Alert 3 community summit. The original invitation never arrived in my mailbox, just a reminder few weeks later asking for my response. After the original surprise, I've asked him for the dates of the events, and unfortunately it matched my CAE exam dates. I originally refused his invitation, but I regretted later, since I could do it again in the end of the year. At the moment I've accepted, the price of my trip was over 3000 dollars... if you add few bucks, I'd get a first class trip, isn't it #Tongue?. That ruined my trip, and unfortunately, I won't be going there. I'll stay here in Rio de Janeiro and have a lot of fun with my awesome exam. Despite my common english mistakes that I commit in these news, I'm optimistic about passing in this exam.

Too bad that I was really getting excited with the trip and I had a lot of plans for it until the moment I got cut from it. Not surprisingly I was disappointed, but that's life.

But there is a good group of people who is comming and I suggest you guys to stay tuned in the following people from the following sites for insider information on this event:

-> JohnWE, from C&C:Filefront
-> Sonic, from CNCNZ.com
-> HeXetic, from Planet CnC
-> Chickendippers, from CnC World
-> Blbpaws, from CnC Generals World

And there will be some other good people there. My hats off usually goes to JohnWE, since he always provides the most detailed information about the games he plays in these summits.

Also, kudos for Sonic, who'll be travelling back in time without Einstein's time machine. He is a real C&C fan, isn't it?

Also, after all this cambridge mess up is over, I'll increase the amount of news in this place, but not for long, since july will be full of university tests.

Last edited by Banshee on Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh darn, it might be a minor setback for us here, but don't worry Banshee. We'll be clicking those links for sure.

Good luck on your exam! Perhaps then you'll explain the meaning of PPM to me #Tongue

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aww man, but good luck with your exams Smile

Maybe you should email APOC and tell him ill go lol.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ohh come on. The same people go every time. Why the ztype is that? Lame.

Apex
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Couldn't EA fund it and write it off as advertising expenses?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry to hear about the fumble. hmm Maybe they could agree to bring you in through teleconference if you aren't stuck in a hot stuffy room filling out an endless series of papers.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Too bad you can't go... Can't you send someone representating you #Tongue
Also, good luck with your exams Wink

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, I couldn't recommend anyone to go in my place. If I could, I'd have recommended Muldrake who has been supporting me a lot with PPM for a long time.

Quote:
Ohh come on. The same people go every time. Why the ztype is that? Lame.

JohnWE and HeXetic are going for the 3rd time. The other ones I've mentioned are there for the first time. The group always change, although the veterans that please them may return.

Quote:
Couldn't EA fund it and write it off as advertising expenses?

Their advertisement budget was almost exausted at the moment he looked out to buy my flight ticket.

Quote:
sorry to hear about the fumble. hmm Maybe they could agree to bring you in through teleconference if you aren't stuck in a hot stuffy room filling out an endless series of papers.

Teleconference wouldn't work, because an important part of the process includes playing the game and they don't want it to be leaked outside EALA campus. In short, they would only allow me to play the current build of the game on their machines.

Last edited by Banshee on Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Renegangsta
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well hopefully these kind honest people will leak a copy have a good time

Soviet_Deso
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol at the comment above me #Tongue

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
advertisement budget was almost exausted

if someone needs me, I am the gu going O_O.

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm also planning to do a similar exam, in a near future. So good luck with your exam Banshee. #Tongue

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

According to a mock test that I've done recently in a spartan way, I managed to score 65.2%, which would be more than enough to pass (I need 60% or more) Smile. So, I'm quite confident about my chances of passing on it.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you try harder, who knows you might even get a 70% #Tongue

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that a shame but thats life Crying or Very sad

you never know there could be more chances

(Generals 2 or another renegade)]

good luck on your exams Banshee Wink

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah well, maybe next time then - good luck with your exam. The effort put into posting news here and keeping us informed here is appreciated as always. Smile

"That ruined my trip and unfortunately, I won't go there. "

Perhaps *That ruined my trip, and unfortunately, I won't be going there.

"I originally refused his invitation, but I regreted later,"

*regretted it later

"dispite"

*despite

just a few I noticed. ;p

Street
Combat Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shame you couldn't go but like revolutionary said there might be other chances.

Although I think the inevitable Red Alert 3 expansion will be a more likely chance. =)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the notes, j4m3sb0nd. I've 'patched' the news.

They usually don't invite me to expansion summits, because I'm seen as a modder and modders are not interesting for expansion packs. Expansion summits are much more focused on marketing than the one that is happening now, where they are also collecting feedback that they may use in a future expansion pack.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!