Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:42 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberian Odyssey - Your Input.
Moderators: Tiberian Odyssey Active Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 7 of 8 [376 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Donut did a bunch of awesome Nod buildings, but he left unfinished (with missing buildups and anims on some things).  Most of his/Gangster's models are now in my care, but a bunch of them are lost forever.

So here we go.  Just a few more buildings for me to cross off the list Very Happy

Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, nothing new, huh?

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I've got uni stuff and other continuing 'issues' but I've done a few voxels.  I've been trying to sort out just exactly what each capturable structure will provide (GDI doesn't really need a Forgotten Carryall, and Nod doesn't really need a Forgotten Repair Vehicle, etc.)

Here are some HVA editor shots of voxels we may not have displayed elsewhere yet.

supertank.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.99 MB
 Viewed:  29108 Time(s)

supertank.gif

ttnk_alteration.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  858.04 KB

ttnk_alteration.gif

hover.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.36 MB

hover.gif

supersonic.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  693.47 KB

supersonic.gif

Condor.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.11 MB

Condor.gif

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here are a couple more.

stealthtank.gif
 Description:
A Cabal stealth tank, armed with a cannon rather than missiles, for variety.
 Filesize:  1.01 MB
 Viewed:  29102 Time(s)

stealthtank.gif

weedeater.gif
 Description:
The Nod Weed Eater, although at this stage it is unclear whether it will fulfill the same role as it does in TS.
 Filesize:  1.27 MB
 Viewed:  29103 Time(s)

weedeater.gif

sprayer.gif
 Description:
The anti-vhm unit for GDI, probably a campaign prop.
 Filesize:  1.45 MB

sprayer.gif

machinist.gif
 Description:
This one is a WIP. Points for guessing the unit's purpose
 Filesize:  727.49 KB

machinist.gif

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just remembered a couple more...

overwatch.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.27 MB
 Viewed:  29090 Time(s)

overwatch.gif

drone.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  886.68 KB

drone.gif

eclipse.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.24 MB

eclipse.gif

mobileSAM.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.42 MB

mobileSAM.gif

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

love your voxel as away Orac not only quallity but also your design. they all are very impressive. Wink

but for some reason i don't think super sonic fit to cabal design it look more GDI IMO...

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow Awesome Very Happy

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You certainly know how to make a comeback, sort of #Tongue Ace voxels, I hope they appear such ingame as well!

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also, since this is the Input topic, would anyone like to suggest some names for the Cabal units?

We've got:
-[No name at present]: A ginormous tank with a big plasma gun.
-[Cabal Light Tank at present]: A regular tank, with a regular plasma gun and a little SAM.
-[Shredder at present]: A hover tank, with a bunch of machineguns.
-[No name at present]: A stealth tank, with a standard cannon.
-[Falcon or Dart or something]: A jet.
-[Machinist]: a WIP.

+ Cyborg, Reaper, Commando, Guardian, but none of them need names.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I suppose mechanic/formal names fit CABAL best:

-[Decimator/Executor/Diplomat/Mauler]
-[Steelhead/Scimitar/Phalanx/Sarissa/Skirmisher]
-[Shredder/Raser/Widowmaker]
-[Blindside/Spinner/Scythe]
-[Interceptor/Siren/Stratagem/Scalpel]
-[Machinist/Menial] (I guess it's a repair/utility vehicle or something?)

They are in the same order.

Last edited by Crimsonum on Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That new Banshee = fly as ztype

Feelin' that new Tick Tank as well. Is that gonna be the standard, for faction specific?
That mobile SAM would be pretty handy to.

As far as names go...

Immolator (Plasma tank)
Terminator \ Eviserator (Hover Tank)
Marathon (Light Tank)
Durandal \ Illusive Tank (Stealth Tank)
Strigidae (Jet)

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

those voxels kick ass! love the tick tank alternative

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pretty good! I love every one of those. Smile

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Supertank.gif - Subjugator / Decimator
ttnk_alteration.gif - M1A2 Tick Tank
hover.gif - Shredder
supersonic.gif - Vulture
Condor.gif - Condor
stealthtank.gif - Widowmaker / Widow / Subjugator
weedeater.gif - Weed Eater
sprayer.gif - ABRV - Armed Biological Reclamation Vehicle / ABRV - Armed Bio-Reclamation Vehicle / BRV - Bio-Reclamation Vehicle
machinist.gif - Unsure what it is.
overwatch.gif - Overwatch Blimp / Surveillance Blimp / Command Blimp
drone.gif - Beluga Drone / Beluga
eclipse.gif - Banshee Eclipse / Eclipse
mobileSAM.gif - Mantis Drone / Mantis

CABAL Submarine - Mako
CABAL Battle Tank - Scimitar
CABAL Commando - Decimator / Executor

Looks amazing, by the way! Keep the old Tick Tank in, too, I love its design. Give this to some Nod subfactions that use aged TW2 tech. I could see this new Tick Tank work as a modernized variant of the TW2 Tick Tank.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love the idea of an overwatch blimp - reminds me of the Batman comics where the Gotham City police have blimps patrolling the city. So impractical but... damned if it doesn't look cool.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The idea behind it came from the unbelievably awesome/creepy idea for high-altitude surveillance airships, which would act as controllers for drone strikes, such as the LEMV (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Endurance_Multi-intelligence_Vehicle).

The idea of an airship at altitude identifying individuals via facial recognition software and authorising drone strikes against them is so very sinister, and the sort of big brother-ish authoritarian watchfulness is something which I really want to play up in GDI.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This unit with a following spotlight would surely look amazing on night maps. *imagine the blimps slowly patrolling the streets, here and there spotlighting some units under them*

I'm just not sure about the single engine on the blimp. It gives it a quite unbalanced look and surely would make it fly in circles only in reality.

Really great work on all the voxels Orac. They have some of the best unique designs I've seen so far. I especially like the asymmetric design of the weed eater.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would assume that in reality, to allow for the single engine design some care would have to be taken with weight distribution.  I primarily wanted to give the airship something akin to the tail rotor of a helicopter, allowing it to adjust left and right by swiveling the engine.

...The machinist (or possibly artificer, if the nod repair vehicle doesn't take the name) is a mobile repair vehicle/mobile cyborg production facility.  I've finished up the voxel and deploy frames are in the works.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well since this thing design by super advance AI i don't think you need to care much about realism that come from human logic. :p

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The more I think about the blimp the more I remember RA 1.5 and how myself and evanb90 experimented with Kirovs... the flight could -never- look right. Pitch would be change so that they moved parallel to the ground of course, but the flight just never would look right. God forbid the thing had to cross a bridge or over a building, it always did the annoying lift so it wouldn't crash into it like an Orca. (mind you we also had to deal with making it land - something which shouldn't be an issue here!)

How are you gonna make these move? I assume they'll be SP only and on scripted paths - but ca you make them move better than 1.5's or RA2's Kirovs? Also, won't they act dumb when they hit a waypoint on a path before turning to go to the next one?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We were actually playing with the idea of the Overwatch Airship being a goodie for capturing a civilian array, be it a buildable aircraft, or perhaps a support SW (we're currently not using either HunterSeeker, because, y'know, they're hunter seekers).  So there's a sliver of a chance of the Airship turning up in MP.  But we'd need to work out something cool to do with them in a skirmish situation and there just aren't that many interesting weapons/abilities available in the TS engine, so it's still a toss up.  In campaign I think they'll make for a good addition to a few Nod stealth missions.

If memory serves, and I haven't really played with aircraft too much recently, TS doesn't do the aircraft-climb-to-avoid-tall-buildings thing?  I know that they do for cliffs and that will look a little bit annoying on the airship, but iirc buildings aren't an issue.

206UE
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

7his mod has some of the best 7iberian8un graphics ever made.

Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How is the single player coming, by the way? I remember seeing that you guys had briefing videos at one point.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't recall that...  there was a render test or two and some very preparatory stuff, and I did a few highpoly Nod vehicles, but no..  We've hardly had time to map the missions let alone do videos for them.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac, I'm really glad to see the good quality work you're doing here. Keep it up as usual, really great job to you, but also to the entire TO team.
I feel the need to wish you all the best. Smile

Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had exceedingly small amounts of time to devote to hobbies, so I've been having to slip bits of TO into my coursework.

Textures are wip.  Lighting and fog are lazy.

HMLRS5.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.37 MB
 Viewed:  28195 Time(s)

HMLRS5.png

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks excellent.
My only complain would be that it looks a tad top heavy with such a big turret on a fragile, supposed to be lightweight chassis.

Public SHPs

Tools

Quadhelix
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
The idea behind it came from the unbelievably awesome/creepy idea for high-altitude surveillance airships, which would act as controllers for drone strikes, such as the LEMV (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Endurance_Multi-intelligence_Vehicle).

The idea of an airship at altitude identifying individuals via facial recognition software and authorising drone strikes against them is so very sinister, and the sort of big brother-ish authoritarian watchfulness is something which I really want to play up in GDI.
Somebody's been playing MidEast Crisis 2 Very Happy

In all seriousness, one idea that I had related to GDI is that, as a branch/child of the UN, it's mandate is technically broader than combating international terrorism, to encompass upholding International Law generally. In that light, although it might not be completely opposed to the use of drone strikes, it would probably prefer to equip those drones with nets and flashbangs instead of guns and missiles. E.g.,  International Convention on Civil and Political Rights, Article 6(2) ("In countries which have not abolished the dealt penalty...[t]his penalty can only be carried out pursuant to a final judgment rendered by a competent court."). So GDI has the "Big Brother" vibe, but is ultimately so bogged down with bureaucracy backing up benign motives that anything truly sinister gets smothered in red tape.

In any case, just an idea I thought I'd throw out there.

And now to gush: those are some amazing designs.

I especially love the "Cabal Stealth Tank" because it is visibly derived from Nod's stealth tanks but also solidly distinct from them. Also, the idea of a cannon-armed stealth tank reminds me of Act of War, which is not a bad thing.

The GDI sprayer reminds me of an idea that I had for something for a GDI campaign; the basic idea was a sort of chemical-sprayer unit inspired by Nod's Flame Tanks, only the chemical's sole purpose was to corrode and decontaminate Tiberium. It was mostly harmless against normal infantry, but using it against Tiberium mutants would constitute a war crime because of its effects on their biology. This would serve as a plot point when a rogue general starts using it on Tiberium mutants.

The old Banshee Eclipse looked great and the new one still looks great, just in a different way, so that's awesome.

Also, the Mobile SAM looks like a Tiberian Odyssey Nod SAM Site strapped to the back of a Tiberian Twilight Stealth Tank chassis and I am totally okay with this because the Stealth Tank was one of the units that TT got somewhat right.

Orac wrote:
...The machinist (or possibly artificer, if the nod repair vehicle doesn't take the name) is a mobile repair vehicle/mobile cyborg production facility.  I've finished up the voxel and deploy frames are in the works.
...wait. Does that mean that it acts as a deployable Barracks for Cyborgs?  Shocked That's awesome.

What's really weird is that I had actually tossed out a similar idea as a placeholder only about a week before you posted this description and only a few days before you posted the image (See "Cyborg Carrier" here).

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fantastic work Orac.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:

Post some pics of the voxel and SHP!

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I haven't finished the shp yet.  Too busy, sorry.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Figured I'd throw in an update on the HMLRS cine model.  Slightly more unwrapping.

I'll get around to finishing the machinist and a few other goodies after exams.

HMLRS7.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1005.4 KB
 Viewed:  27974 Time(s)

HMLRS7.png

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love the camouflage pattern - very pretty.  Can you post that up as a solid texture?

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
Figured I'd throw in an update on the HMLRS cine model.  Slightly more unwrapping.

I'll get around to finishing the machinist and a few other goodies after exams.

Honestly, exams are far more important. Take your time and prepare for your exams.

The HMLRS is starting to look great!

Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Saw the new ModDB post. Splendid work, fellas.

Few questions, though.

I've noticed that new HoN there. Great model, a bit more compact than the last one. My question is, is that a Black Hand exclusive, of the new HoN we're going to be using?
If so, I propose adding the spinning globe in it... the featureless blue orb doesn't quite communicate the same thing the current HoN does.

Nice carryall too, I'm going to assume that's a Black Hand exclusive.

Another question: how do those supply pads work?

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks!

Lord Firestorm wrote:
I've noticed that new HoN there. Great model, a bit more compact than the last one. My question is, is that a Black Hand exclusive, of the new HoN we're going to be using?
If so, I propose adding the spinning globe in it... the featureless blue orb doesn't quite communicate the same thing the current HoN does.

It does feature a spinning globe at the moment, the screenshot caught it in a blank frame but it may very well be improved upon.

Lord Firestorm wrote:
Nice carryall too, I'm going to assume that's a Black Hand exclusive.

The Carryall / Paltus is indeed a specific SP unit used for missions where you will be required to move defensive structures across the map and of course units if needed.

Lord Firestorm wrote:
How do those supply pads work?

Eh, we're still going through some ideas of our own so any other input is welcomed!

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2x2 Hon is wip, damage and buildup are still in the design stage.  The change was due to the sudden realisation that 3x3 is too big for the Hand of Nod.  GDI barracks won't be changing though.

I envision supply pads as exploding violently, like a giant Ammo Crate.  But maybe we can work out some kind of capture bonus - input is welcome.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
I envision supply pads as exploding violently, like a giant Ammo Crate.  But maybe we can work out some kind of capture bonus - input is welcome.

Initially they reminded me of Generals Supply Docks. Unfortunately I guess they won't work like that #Tongue

Da Arg
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:

Two ideas for the Supply Pads:

1-Pads works like tib trees, spreading "crates" (a new tiberium type, maybe?) that can be harvested for money. These pads can be captured to defend them (this also means they can be destroyed).

2-Pads works like filled silos, when you capture them they give you the stored money.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It would be most unusual to watch a harvester collect crates with a giant rake and a buzzsaw #Tongue

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The silos idea interests me.  I'm not sure how pre-placed silos work in skirmish though?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pre-placed silos are always empty, but they can be filled if the neutral house also owns a refinery and a harvester that's actively harvesting.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That doesn't work, unfortunately.
The Neutral house can't store any tiberium. The silos and refinery are always empty, regardless if you let them harvest tiberium. (Neutral house also always has 0 money, even after selling buildings and other stuff)
The only thing that works is spawning a Neutral harvester with full storage or let the harvester harvest it.
But once the harvester unloads at a Neutral refinery, the storage is gone too.
So your only chance to get some stored tiberium would be by capturing a full harvester.

btw, what are the supply pads you were talking about? haven't found them in this topic nor in the GDI/Nod buildings forums.

Collectible crates doesn't works, as they stack to the random crates and sooner or later the map is full of random crates.

Public SHPs

Tools

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How does that happen, though? Is it because of the 'neutral passive'/'mutiplayer=no' key? And if yes, which one...? Would be interesting to experiment a bit with these keys....

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
That doesn't work, unfortunately.
The Neutral house can't store any tiberium. The silos and refinery are always empty, regardless if you let them harvest tiberium. (Neutral house also always has 0 money, even after selling buildings and other stuff)

I thought I saw this before, but I probably remembered wrong (could have been a single player mission or something).
Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Collectible crates doesn't works, as they stack to the random crates and sooner or later the map is full of random crates.

Looking at Da Arg's post, I'm pretty sure he wasn't talking about collectable crates, but about harvestable tiberium with the image of crates.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about the Special house? I'm pretty sure you can make it so it's not allied to the players

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 7 of 8 [376 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon