Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:31 pm
All times are UTC + 0
HyperPatch Announcement
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 5 of 7 [320 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Err no.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The first and last C&C that supported bigger units was TD. There the gunboat occupied 3 cells in a row.

However, you could also try to make a building mobile by allowing to change the standard locomotor for buildings from Locomotor=statue to something else. Then the standardly applied building foundation should do the job of occupying more than just one cell.
*dreaming of a jumpjet conyard* Smile

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Rayne
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My suggestions:

• an AIWontAttack tag for buildings, which will make the AI not attack that building.
  • the ability to set your own difficulty level in skirmish (So you might be playing on hard and your enemy easy... that'll make it hard)

This looks cool!

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It would always be nice to have a unit that can occupy at least 2x2 cells. Primarily for MMKII-like units.

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

More variables as to why and how the AI would attack or defend would be a nice feature.

EX: (sw=super weapon, 95% of us know that though)

Enemy [user defined sw type] almost ready

Enemy [user defined sw type] fired

Owner[user defined sw type] almost ready

Owner [user defined sw type] fired

Chaotic General
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just a quick question, would it be possible to change how the game loads terrain.

What I am thinking about, is if it is possible to have the game read a new ini file, example: have a new ini file called Terraintypes.ini with a list of terrain types, each one with its own ini file (example myterrain.ini) that acts like Temperate.ini or Snow.ini

and so it would be,

Terraintypes.ini
..Temperate
..snow
..newterrain

then each object on the list would have its own ini file,

temperate.ini
snow.ini
newterrain.ini

this would allow people to add new terrain without having to throw everything into either temperate.ini or snow.ini
plus it would be more organized, I think.

but Im just thinking out loud here.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its a interesting idea, but something that would require far too much work i think...

You never know, ill keep a note of this.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yep, this would be a lot of work as you also have to add new filetypes for the new terrain to differentiate it from tmp and sno.

Maybe a simple alternative would be a "terrain loader".
This is nothing than a small program which reads the theater key in a map and then changes the name of the theater mix files.

e.g.
in the map stands
[Map]
Theater=MYTERRAIN1

Before the map-loading process starts the "terrain loader" reads the Theater key.
The mixfile myterrain1.mix contains your new terrain.
The "terrain loader" renames myterrain1.mix to temperate.mix and then the map loads from temperate.mix all the terrain stuff. After you close the map, the mix is renamed back to myterrain1.mix.

This way you don't have to add new filetypes, new autolats or other theater specific stuff, as the game still works on 2 terrain types.

Public SHPs

Tools

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im confused, wouldnt new theater types be better? I can already get the working to come degree...

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

of course, complete new theaters would be awesome.

It was just an idea how you could do it, if you don't want to spend that much time in it. Wink

Public SHPs

Tools

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New theaters are much easier, i just have to add to a array and then recode the array function a little.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any chances of having extra palletes for terrain?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Naturally new theaters would come with their own unique palettes, or it'd be prettymuch pointless #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I assume he means being able to use more than one palette within a theatre.

Chaotic General
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
yep, this would be a lot of work as you also have to add new filetypes for the new terrain to differentiate it from tmp and sno.

I was thinking about this after I had posted the idea.

what I came up with, would it be possible to add a new tag
for example:
Is Tem/Sno = yes

this would then tell the game what to look for in Ecache.mix, a .tem or .sno, and you wouldnt have to create new file formats.

would that be possible?

Edit: though, if Hyper can create new theaters completely, that would be awesome

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well something like.

[NewTheatres]
1=imadesert
2=imthemoon

[imadesert]
Name=Desert
FileExtension=des
Palette=isodes
INI=Desert.ini
WhateverInfoTheGameNeeds=yes

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Adding per INI is hard, more work needed, but just hardcoded another 6 would not be a problem...

djohe
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would love to se unit specific CloakSound (think it was in RA2 but not sure) so that you can like have C&C1 Stealth sound on Stealth Tank, RA1:AM phase sound on some other and normal TS cloak sound on some others and submerge sound on submarines cloaking/submerging

Also fun to attach on units with no cloaking device and comes under the influence of a stealth generator.

Also the Redalert2:YR buildspeedmultiplier line so you can customize the built time on invidual buildings & units & stuff, very usefull for expensive stuff and very cheap vehicles messing with the war factory door anim

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The TechnoType specific CloakSounds are planned, dont worry...

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok then, this is where it gets going...

Im really eager to get a release out, but there are some things that are just not 100% coded up, thus i cant release the patch with them.

So, im asking experienced modders here, what features do you find, that i have already discussed about in this topic or elsewhere would be best for a release.

Please, do post!

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I think the major things requested here involved RA2 logics. An up-to-date list of what is already in the HyperPatch and what you have been considering for final additions would help us figure out what we need to demand from you.

Also; you're going to get me back into modding if this is as badass as it plans to be. :p

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well i totally restarted the patch last night, new base etc, so other than the hundred or so researched and possibly finally documents of code i have, i only want to add the ones people really need.

As a start, would it perhaps be a good idea to add some of what ETS has? If so what features?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

moved global keys to unit types
fixed logics like airtransport, nuke silo firing anim, destroyable jumpjet vehicles
super weapon clones
fixed waveclass errors
fixed 100 unit bug
2 or more working complete separate sides (fixed BuildConst, BaseUnit etc)

that's all i can come up with right now

Public SHPs

Tools

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-Fixed jumpjet infantry sequences (Not really important, since I guess I'm the only one making infantry ATM).
-Elite Secondary, Tertiary and Quaternary weapons.
-Unhardcoded Superweapons.

Also you could look into how the Mobile EMP vehicle works, to have different vehicles that work like it, with different weapons.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
moved global keys to unit types
fixed logics like airtransport, nuke silo firing anim, destroyable jumpjet vehicles
super weapon clones
fixed waveclass errors
fixed 100 unit bug

that's all i can come up with right now

- Nuke Anim, i cant find what controls the anims on buildings...
- Damage to Jumpjet Vehicles i have had some trouble with, so this will be another revision later down the line.
- Super Clones, i think 2 of each should be fine.
- WaveClass stuff is already planned
- 100 unit bug will be done once i can understand VKs code
- Sides might be later down the line with a new system.

Machine wrote:
-Fixed jumpjet infantry sequences (Not really important, since I guess I'm the only one making infantry ATM).
-Elite Secondary, Tertiary and Quaternary weapons.
-Unhardcoded Superweapons.

Also you could look into how the Mobile EMP vehicle works, to have different vehicles that work like it, with different weapons.

- Never been able to find the Jumpjet Sequence code, ill look more.
- Of course planned, gotta sort out some TechnoTypeClass allocations.
- How do you mean unhardcoded?

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The same thing we have always wanted, the ability to code more superweapons, and stuff like setting the contents of a droppod superweapon to something besides E1 and E2.
I guess, I should have said, generic superweapon petitions/stuff (I actually missed that LKO had typed superweapon clones though Laughing).

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CCHyper wrote:
- Damage to Jumpjet Vehicles i have had some trouble with, so this will be another revision later down the line.

well, if airtransport works, there is no need to use vehicle jumpjets. Though working hva anims and deploy logic would be nice to have on aircraft.
CCHyper wrote:
- Super Clones, i think 2 of each should be fine.
yep, that's very fine. Smile
CCHyper wrote:
- WaveClass stuff is already planned
please also make it ini controlled (e.g. via sun.ini), as i wouldn't like to turn it on and rather use ddraw.dll, so i can still see laser glow and ion cannon wave effects.

Public SHPs

Tools

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BuildConst has been mentioned already, right?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yep
Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

but it can't be mentioned often enough. Very Happy

Public SHPs

Tools

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
BuildConst has been mentioned already, right?

Thats it, you just killed the patch...

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Off the top of my head, some ideas. These were already discussed, and I generally tried requesting anything that didn't have code elsewhere.

New features:
- Deglobalization of things like Jellyfish logic and Visceroid logic could be useful to those who love the environmental effect.
- SWs triggering Ion Storms is also something I thought would be useful in TS.
- Return of Naval Yard logic (look into YR?)
- Disabling Storage to have the economy work similar to RA2/YR
- Tech Oil Derrick logic
- Custom armors, like Ares
- The -CD command reimplemented
- Support for more side-based .shp files. Maybe even include voxels?

Bug fixes:
- *Types limit fixed
- Component Tower Bug fixed
- The load time from having skirmish maps loose in the directory would be something worth looking into.
- Fixing other bugs, like the WaveClass and the
- Lag from moving across the screen while building something is rather annoying, it could be worth looking into.

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-The ability to add new custom pallets
-Shp units wich have "slope climbing" support

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bug fixing:
-Art.ini doesn't really look at the warhead
-particels ignore TypeImmune

that came just through my mind Very Happy

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ordosherrscher wrote:
-Art.ini doesn't really look at the warhead

I just found out that it indeed works correct and perfectly fine the way it is.
You just have to understand how TS uses the warheads and anims, which is imo a very wise solution by WW.

TS knows 2 different types of anims: normal frame based anims and debris.

1. frame based anims like fire use by default the warhead "Fire2" which is set with the key "FlameDamage2=" in rules.ini [CombatDamage]. This is necessary to make sure, that the warhead has Sparky=no, or every anim with damage would create a feedback loop that creates more and more flames.
The damage on these anims is done on each frame, thus they also allow floating point damage like "0.06".

2. art.ini debris (like meteors) use perfectly fine the warhead which you assign to them. They just don't use the animation of the warhead, to again prevent a feedback loop where an art.ini debris creates a warhead anim which in turn could create an art.ini debris again.
The damage on these anims is done only once on impact, thus they only allow integer damage (Damage=0.99 would be changed to Damage=0).

Public SHPs

Tools

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How come meteors in unmodded TS (or FS) have a warhead called Meteorite, and even though the meteors themselves do little but some damage, the warhead doesn't even exist on the warheads list :/

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just a mistake by WW as they forgot to add it. Since nearly all keys have default values, the Meteors still work and do damage. They simply use Verses=100%,100%,100%,100%,100% and Spread=1

Public SHPs

Tools

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm could try and fix the gclock2 lag.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That i cant fix, but i think it has to do with the way the SHP is drawn over the cameos.

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

- The ability to use the jumpjet locomotor on vehicles without needing railguns to shoot them down would be a must in the first version IMO.

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CCHyper wrote:
Really? Game is the problem?

Ill have to look at this and see if there is a transfer limit. Remind me Wink

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What was that in relation to again? #Tongue

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Transfer Limit of Maps, if the number of players is too high (after a special time, the transfer stops, and all got a reconn error, because the maps aren't the same)

about 100kb for 8 players is maximum, maybe less

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I believe it is a time out, only so long is given for map transfer to occur so it depends on what every players connection speed is. If everyone has broadband it is probably considerably more than 100kb these days.

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

even with fastest speed, I think, there is a cap for the transfer speed. Since it always takes not less then a specified amount of time....
Thats my experience... And I play TS about 2 years online Wink

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hardcoded cap? ill look into it after...

It seems my primary hard drive is on its way out, and i dont feel like tempting fate again, becuase Recoil was lost the same way...

HP will be on hold for X amount of time, until i can afford a new drive.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Back-up! Now!

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Doing so, its all good.

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm.... it would be great if you could expand the 'Land'[Country] Logic, so that you can add more thinks like
[Nod]
Power=...
TiberiumHeal=yes ;all Units build byx this side got this tag

-> all tags listed under these factions, should overwrite the definition for this faction. Dont know if it can be done, though

EDIT
sorry for being confusing^^

Last edited by Ordosherrscher on Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, you mean country/house. Calling it the 'Land' logic is a bit confusing #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, that is possible, but i wont think about doing it for everything, only things needed.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 5 of 7 [320 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon