Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:12 pm
All times are UTC + 0
HyperPatch Announcement
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 3 of 7 [320 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, could you look into drawing the selection box behind the units?.
Besides that, great work it's always nice to see progress Wink.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hm, behind units, ill look at the code, but i cant guarantee anything...

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's some suggestions for HyperPatch that would be really nice to have:
- Support for .wav and .mp3 files (for better quality sound)
- The ability to add new theatres into the game (About 2-3 new ones would do)
- The ability to turn on and off the mutation logic and damage logic for Tiberium. (In the case of a RA mod using ore instead of Tiberium)
- Tertiary and quaternary weapons for units.
- Air-to-Air combat
- Aircraft with rotors that rotate.
- Working air transports (Orca Transport that transports infantry and Dropship that transports vehicles)
- Helipads with 4 docking bays instead of a single one.
- New Cursors
- Tiberium that grows slowly by itself (in TS, only a tib tree can produce Tiberium, meaning that once it's fully emptied, Tiberium won't grow back to its original size, only be spawned on the 8 corners around the tibtree...This is quite limiting and sad.)
- Spy Satellite (would be useful for singleplayer maps, especially)
- Custom Harvester unloading types
- Custom loading screens
- The ability to run the game in windowed screen mode
- The ability to run at whatever resolution your PC is using as default, without editing the INI files and having to re-edit them again.
- fiixing the AI unit cloning bug (Whenever the AI has more than 1 War factory and builds one unit, the same unit will come out of all of its war factories)
- The ability to have unlimited Tiberium storage once a certain building is built. (Like Scrin refineries in TW)

Some less important, but still nice to have features:
- Mind-Control logic
- Reactivating the tiberium rain feature (and also having custom graphics for it, to allow normal rain and snow, too)
- Ion Cannon ripple effect ( http://forums.renegadeprojects.com/showthread.php?tid=1244 )
- YR Virus mechanic
- YR Chaos Drone mechanic
- YR Genetic Mutation mechanic
- Teleport logic (With the ability to have graphics for the effect, ala RA2)
- Magnetic beam logic like in YR.
- Anti-gravity that does damage like Yuriko from RA3.
- SW logic that absorbs vehicles and damages them (Vacuum Imploder from RA3, or even just like a black hole)

And here's some more radical ones:
- animated terrain
- Terrain that slowly changes (IE: Tiberium meteor crashes, and like in TW, the ground slowly "melts", and crystallizes).
- Weapon logic that creates overlap of an SHP forever on top of a vehicle or infantry, turning it into a resource. (Think of the cryo logic from RA3, but that the end result is Tiberium that doesn't thaw out, and the unit is considered "lost", but can be harvested back for its full price back.)
- A tag that can cause a unit to be immune to the Tiberium-converting logic (Ex: IsTibvincible=true) mentionned just on top of this.
- The ability to have each War Factory, Barracks, ConYard, etc., build its own units, like in TW and RA3, instead of being able to build only one unit or building at a time from 1 production building.

Last edited by Alex06 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:05 pm; edited 9 times in total

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

afaik you can have already animated terrain or was this yr? #Tongue

my ideas would be:
-instead of placing own stuff in side##.mix you could make the exe read eside##.mix
-any file that you put in there should be taken by the game as side-specific (like having Nod-recolors of GDI-Infantry/Voxels/Buildings/etc)
-multiple Turrets on Voxels like on RA1 Battleship

hmmm and it surely needs boobs #Tongue

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice idea, Raminator, I must admit I didn't think of that. #Tongue

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*Blink*, mmmkay, seems i got work ahead of me...

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hyper wrote:
*Blink*, mmmkay, seems i got work ahead of me...

One important thing I forgot to mention is a General rules tag, that would make it so that if any player loses a tech center, all those units that require the tech center to be built would disappear from the sidebar and require the tech center to be rebuilt to be built again. TS is kinda lame, as it allows players to sell their tech center after they build it...Same with other teching structures.

Some more ideas:
- A shield that deflects incoming fire
- A shield that absorbs up to a certain amount of damage, or that lets only a maximum amount of damage to pass through.
- Normal shields like in StarCraft
- Allow units as Prerequisites
- A generator that can, like the stealth generator, cause an effect on nearby buildings such as healing and providing shields.
- The ability to have the DropShip bay call in units ala Dune 2000's StarPort. (Example: You build the MMk2, a carry-all version of the TS dropship comes and lands on the Dropship bay, deploying the MMk2)
- The ability to have tabs on the sidebar like in RA2, TW, and RA3, with sub-tabs for each War Factory, Barracks or Airfield that is available. (A bit more of a radical change)
- Properly working navy.
- Upgrades (perhaps, but it's a very radical change and would be hard to execute)
- Superweapons and support powers appearing on the left side of the screen instead of on the sidebar.
- A Superweapon that sucks units into space like the Soviet Orbital Satellite support power from RA3. (A bit more of a radical change)
- Radiation like in RA2. (A bit more of a radical change)
- The ability to absorb Tiberium and use it as a weapon enhancer (like the Scrin Devourer tank in TW). How much Tiberium the unit has absorbed would be displayed in pips.
- Unit that can dismantle other units (RA3 Uprising's Soviet Grinder tank and Terror Drones)
- Grinder logic from YR (edited sell-vehicle-from-service-depot logic?)
- More than 1 amphibious unit (The same thing as multiple unloading harvester types)
- Superweapon that renders units invincible for a few seconds.
- New, secondary jumpjet logic, in which infantry only jump when meeting a cliff, instead of flying like the jumpjet trooper.
- Transforming units (Units that deploy into other units)
- Properly working spy logic and graphics (Feature is only partly implemented in TS)
- Units that can infiltrate and turn off a building and that can infiltrate a refinery and steal resources.
- Garrisonable buildings and the ability to clear them. (A bit more of a radical change)
- Vehicles from which infantry can fire out.
- Superweapon that spawns Tiberium, like a directed meteor strike. (Dunno if it's completely possible as-is in TS)
- Particle beams & Electric shots that can be customized in terms of color.
- Mines that attach to vehicles and do damage (edited limpet drone logic)
- Catalyst Missile. (A bit more of a radical change)
- Satellite scan superweapon.
- Weapons that can cause EMP. (ex: a missile that can EMP a vehicle)

Last edited by Alex06 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:07 pm; edited 12 times in total

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

a superweapon that turns all infantry into nude pamela andersons >_>

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LOL, those are just suggestions. I'm not ordering Hyper to do all these. xD

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

true...but some stuff makes me think you´d better should play YR #Tongue

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like a lot of those ideas, Alex06.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd say most of those are impossible (for Hyper to achieve anyway) considering no similar logic already exists in the game (Hyper can't write completely new logics, only copy and modify existing ones).

A couple other suggestions are already fully possible in TS...
Alex06 wrote:
- The ability to turn on and off the mutation logic and damage logic for Tiberium. (In the case of a RA mod using ore instead of Tiberium)
- Tiberium that grows slowly by itself (in TS, only a tib tree can produce Tiberium, meaning that once it's fully emptied, Tiberium won't grow back to its original size, only be spawned on the 8 corners around the tibtree...This is quite limiting and sad.)
- Custom loading screens
- The ability to have unlimited Tiberium storage once a certain building is built. (Like Scrin refineries in TW)
- animated terrain
- The ability to have each War Factory, Barracks, ConYard, etc., build its own units, like in TW and RA3, instead of being able to build only one unit or building at a time from 1 production building.
- Units that can infiltrate and turn off a building and that can infiltrate a refinery and steal resources.
- Superweapon that spawns Tiberium, like a directed meteor strike. (Dunno if it's completely possible as-is in TS)

• You can change the amount of damage tiberium does by changing the value specified after Power= for all of the tiberium types (or "[Tiberiums]" as it's called in rules.ini). Tiberium that does no damage won't mutate infantry. If the tiberium does damage infantry, whether infantry will mutate into visceroids or not if killed by the tiberium has to be specified in all (multiplayer and singleplayer) maps. I do agree it would be nice to have a skirmish option to turn tiberium damage and mutation on or off.
  • Tiberium already grows by itself, the tiberium tree just spawns the tiberium quicker than it can grow by itself
  • Simply modify the existing loading screens and you'll have custom ones
  • Make a shortcut to Game.exe and add -win at the end of the target to run the game in windowed mode (only works when the desktop colors have been set to 16 bits)
  • If you give a certain building Storage=999999 you'll practically have unlimited storage once that building has been built. You'd of course lose all your credits once that building is destroyed...
  • Animated terrain already exists (and new animated terrain can be added also)... How do you think the waterfalls are animated?
  • There's a workaround that can be used to make every war factory only be able to produce certain units (I believe it was Machine who discovered this): simply give give every factory a (different) secondary owner (like for example GDIvehicle) and give all vehicles that are to be produced from that factory only that secondary owner. The only downside from this is that all starting units will need to be cloned (and the clone should have the owner changed back to the original one).
  • Having a unit which sabotages buildings isn't possible, although having an infantry which steals credits from a refinery or silo is; simply give the infantry Infiltrate=yes and Thief=yes.
  • A superweapon that spawns tiberium can be done by modifiying the drop pod SW; modify Game.exe and change the drop pod infantry to for example T1 (you have to replace both the E1 and the E2 with this in Game.exe). Then create T1 in rules.ini and art.ini (give it Image=none in art.ini, but make sure it has a valid sequence) and give it TiberiumHeal=yes in rules.ini. Change or modify the anim specified after DropPod= (under [AudioVisual] in Rules.ini) and give it a warhead (which you'll still have to write a code for in rules.ini) in art.ini. Create the Warhead in rules.ini and attach a particle system which you'll also have to create. Give the new particle system BehavesLike=WeakGas and specifiy a new particle (which you'll also have to create) after HoldsWhat=. For the code of the new particle make a clone of GasCloudD2 and change MaxDC= to 1 (possibly also change the image). Now change the value after Damage= to whatever you like; the higher the value, the more tiberium will be spawned (although you're probably better off giving it a fairly low damage value and using the number of drop pod infantry to specify the amount of tiberium to be spawned). I'm not sure if there's any mods using this logic already however... If not, I discovered it and credit goes to me Razz
  • To make a weapon cause EMP, simply give the weapon's warhead EMEffect=yes (the duration of the EME effect is specified by the damage value of the weapon).

Last edited by Bittah Commander on Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

True... But it would great to have another Tag for the Tiberium Mutation 'Power' since power also increase the dmagde dealed by exploding harvs,.... (can be a bit annoying....)

Thought you can add to an anim Tiberium spawn, too - so you could just change the Anim, decrease the to dropping soldiers to 0 (does it work...?) or the workaround and then add to the Anim
Bouncer=yes
Elasticity=0.0
IsTiberium=true
TiberiumSpreadRadius=1
TiberiumSpawnType=TIB_01 ;choose whatever should be spawned....

I didnt test it, but it should work, too :p

BTW: Its really easy to modify the speed of the Tiberium Growth - there are even Tags for it xD

Mhm, TS logics which are broken... I wanted to post something, but cant remember what :S
xD

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know tiberium can also be spawned directly from weapons, but that way you'll never be able to spawn a large tiberium field at once FAFAIK.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
blubb
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thief logic is broken afaik

Hydraw Art on Facebook

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Time to throw my hat into the ring! These are my suggestions and ideas for HyperPatch.

Reload system improvements.
  • Allow vehicles to use Reload= for their ammo. It should reload it all at once, like infantry do.
  • Allow for the individual use of ReloadRate= for aircraft.
  • ReloadIncrement=[#], which would specify how much ammo to reload for each Reload=. (default=-1, or all for inf/vehicle, default=1 for aircraft)
  • Fixing of the reload system for infantry. (seems only to activate when being shot at)

Cloaking System fixes
  • InfantrySensor=[boolean], which would specify if this infantry unit can detect things that are very close to it. (default=true)
  • SensorsSight=[#], which would act like its RA2/YR counterpart.
Super Weapons
  • Return of Chronosphere? (either RA1/2 style; completely insane suggestion, yes.)
  • Return of Iron Curtain? (either RA1/2 style; completely insane suggestion, yes.)

Weapons improvements
  • On warheads, 0% should forbid firing with that weapon. (so you can have special purpose weapons.)
  • Airburst weapons obey projectile settings. (if AA=no, don't rape the nearest flying jet!!!)
  • Fixing of Burst=. If a target is destroyed before the burst finishes, don't reset the Burst=. (best displayed with elite RA2 Apoc against infantry or Prism Tanks)

Minor improvements
  • Allow for the use of Radial indicators on buildings that are not stealth generators or sensor arrays. (so you can display the range of a base defense, for example)
  • AlwaysOneEngineerCapture=[boolean], basically means that this building will always be captured by one engineer, regardless of Multi-Engineer setting. (for "tech" buildings)

Crazy Stuff
  • Mine Layer support. IDK how this would work, but perhaps this unit has a tag, MineLayer=yes, and when deployed, spawns a building defined by the unit's MineType= at its current location. Each deploy would use 1 ammo. (ammo system = necessary, or should it be optional?)
  • Shipyard=yes to identify a naval production building, and Naval=yes to identify ships?

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
I'd say most of those are impossible (for Hyper to achieve anyway) considering no similar logic already exists in the game (Hyper can't write completely new logics, only copy and modify existing ones).

A couple other suggestions are already fully possible in TS...
Alex06 wrote:
- Custom loading screens
- animated terrain

[list][*]You can change the amount of damage tiberium does by changing the value specified after Power= for all of the tiberium types (or "[Tiberiums]" as it's called in rules.ini). Tiberium that does no damage won't mutate infantry. If the tiberium does damage infantry, whether infantry will mutate into visceroids or not if killed by the tiberium has to be specified in all (multiplayer and singleplayer) maps. I do agree it would be nice to have a skirmish option to turn tiberium damage and mutation on or off.
[*]Tiberium already grows by itself, the tiberium tree just spawns the tiberium quicker than it can grow by itself
[*]Simply modify the existing loading screens and you'll have custom ones
[*]Make a shortcut to Game.exe and add -win at the end of the target to run the game in windowed mode (only works when the desktop colors have been set to 16 bits)
[*]If you give a certain building Storage=999999 you'll practically have unlimited storage once that building has been built. You'd of course lose all your credits once that building is destroyed...
[*]Animated terrain already exists (and new animated terrain can be added also)... How do you think the waterfalls are animated?
[*]There's a workaround that can be used to make every war factory only be able to produce certain units (I believe it was Machine who discovered this): simply give give every factory a (different) secondary owner (like for example GDIvehicle) and give all vehicles that are to be produced from that factory only that secondary owner. The only downside from this is that all starting units will need to be cloned (and the clone should have the owner changed back to the original one).
[*]Having a unit which sabotages buildings isn't possible, although having an infantry which steals credits from a refinery or silo is; simply give the infantry Infiltrate=yes and Thief=yes.
[*]A superweapon that spawns tiberium can be done by modifiying the drop pod SW; modify Game.exe and change the drop pod infantry to for example T1 (you have to replace both the E1 and the E2 with this in Game.exe). Then create T1 in rules.ini and art.ini (give it Image=none in art.ini, but make sure it has a valid sequence) and give it TiberiumHeal=yes in rules.ini. Change or modify the anim specified after DropPod= (under [AudioVisual] in Rules.ini) and give it a warhead (which you'll still have to write a code for in rules.ini) in art.ini. Create the Warhead in rules.ini and attach a particle system which you'll also have to create. Give the new particle system BehavesLike=WeakGas and specifiy a new particle (which you'll also have to create) after HoldsWhat=. For the code of the new particle make a clone of GasCloudD2 and change MaxDC= to 1 (possibly also change the image). Now change the value after Damage= to whatever you like; the higher the value, the more tiberium will be spawned (although you're probably better off giving it a fairly low damage value and using the number of drop pod infantry to specify the amount of tiberium to be spawned). I'm not sure if there's any mods using this logic already however... If not, I discovered it and credit goes to me Razz
[*]To make a weapon cause EMP, simply give the weapon's warhead EMEffect=yes (the duration of the EME effect is specified by the damage value of the weapon).[/list:u]

-If a spy infiltrates a production structure, the icon displayed does not use the correct palette.
- Tiberium will still not grow much more than a certain amount. I want it to grow back like in TW.
- Thief logic is broken.
- What I meant about the War Factory was that instead of each additional War Factory reducing the build time for vehicles, each War Factory should be able to build by itself, like in TW and RA3. (Though this would require major changes to the UI, which is why I said "perhaps", as in, if Hyper can do it.)
- Tib spawning superweapon: I meant something that doesn't need to replace another already-existing superweapon.
- Windowed mode: I want it to work properly on Vista, with the fancy Aero Glass theme and in 32-bit color mode.

Also, I totally forgot about waterfalls. <_<

OH, and one thing that would be nice is money-producing tech structures, like the Oil Derrick in RA2/RA3 or the Tiberium Spike in TW. (Gives off a certain amount of credits each x number of seconds (Let it be customizable if possble) to the player that owns the structure)

And to that, it would be nice to have the possiblity of making a structure that has no money stored, but gives off a set amount of resources once captured (Ex: Tech Tib Silo in TW).

Last edited by Alex06 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just some simple ones:

- Upgrades need to be able to be prerequisites maybe even make the Component Tower logic transferable I remember LKO having problems with his Fortress Tower because of this. Confused

- Some simple crate fixes like reenabling and fixing the Pod and Squad powerups. Very Happy

- Maybe a little more on the deep end but maybe adding Paradrops like RA2 but this one is less important as in the future I doubt we'll paradrop infantry into a battlezone.

Probably cuz they'll all get killed by those snipers. #Sniper

Anyhow good luck!
Crowded

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, talking about Snipers; A tag that forces infantry to prone when firing would be neat...

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alex06 wrote:
-If a spy infiltrates a production structure, the icon displayed does not use the correct palette.
- Tiberium will still not grow much more than a certain amount. I want it to grow back like in TW.
- Thief logic is broken.
- What I meant about the War Factory was that instead of each additional War Factory reducing the build time for vehicles, each War Factory should be able to build by itself, like in TW and RA3. (Though this would require major changes to the UI, which is why I said "perhaps", as in, if Hyper can do it.)
- Tib spawning superweapon: I meant something that doesn't need to replace another already-existing superweapon.
- Windowed mode: I want it to work properly on Vista, with the fancy Aero Glass theme and in 32-bit color mode.

OH, and one thing that would be nice is money-producing tech structures, like the Oil Derrick in RA2/RA3 or the Tiberium Spike in TW. (Gives off a certain amount of credits each x number of seconds (Let it be customizable if possble) to the player that owns the structure)

And to that, it would be nice to have the possiblity of making a structure that has no money stored, but gives off a set amount of resources once captured (Ex: Tech Tib Silo in TW).

• I didn't say anything about the spy Razz
  • I didn't realize the thief logic was broken Embarassed that's unfortunate for DTA 1.10 Sad
  • Seems I misunderstood what you were saying about the war factories... Well, in that case what you're suggesting is never gonna happen Rolling Eyes
  • The fact the tib spawning superweapon would need to replace another superweapon shouldn't be an issue if Hyper clones the existing superweapons a couple times (which he already said he'd do Smile).
  • Windowed like that would indeed be neat... Especially if you'd be able to switch between full-screen and windowed via Alt+Enter Very Happy

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
Alex06 wrote:
- Thief logic is broken.

• I didn't say anything about the spy Razz
  • I didn't realize the thief logic was broken Embarassed that's unfortunate for DTA 1.10 Sad
  • Seems I misunderstood what you were saying about the war factories... Well, in that case what you're suggesting is never gonna happen Rolling Eyes
  • The fact the tib spawning superweapon would need to replace another superweapon shouldn't be an issue if Hyper clones the existing superweapons a couple times (which he already said he'd do Smile).
  • Windowed like that would indeed be neat... Especially if you'd be able to switch between full-screen and windowed via Alt+Enter Very Happy

1) Huh?
2) What a shame...What were you planning? #Tongue
3) Yeah, it likely won't happen. xD It needs so many changes to the engine...
4) This is good, then. Very Happy
5) It sure would be, it sure would. Smile

Renegangsta
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PNG and APNG support

idk if 32bit color is supported within TS but if it can be implemented

png for static images in full color with alpha channel (gui)
apng (animated PNG) as a viable replacement for shp

and iirc, someone was working on modularity so dll's could be used by the engine

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

While your changing this stuff how bout a real simple one, change the Droppod Infantry to D1 and D2 and put a modified rules in like Expand02 so people that want to change the basic Infantry don't get caught up in this error. Since it was a pain in the butt to change it so I just gave up on it. Can be REAL annoying.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about just a tag for the Droppod, to let it know which infantry units it should spawn, instead of having a hard-coded specific unit?

Renegangsta
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i thought you could choose which unit it spawned?\

i could swear it was possible

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, it's possible... Via a HEX editor Razz
I don't see how it's a pain in the butt though... You just have to replace the infantry and be done with it. The main thing that makes it a pain (or at least made it a pain for me) is forgetting to add Image= to the new drop pod infantry, which'll obviously cause the game IE once the drop pods are used (considering the infantry won't have an image pointing to a valid sequence).
Alex06 wrote:
2) What a shame...What were you planning? #Tongue

I made the technician into a thief/hijacker, which is only buildable by Nod (although GDI can get it from destroyed vehicles or buildings). I called it a thief, but considering it apparently can't steal credits from a refinery or silo, I guess I'll just have to change its name to hijacker...

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hard to make it work with original TS campaign and work new infantry into current infantry tech tree. I just assume Hardcode it to something else easier for Hyper since he has all of that other stuff to do but yeah making it unhardcoded is a big bonus.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alex06 wrote:
Oh, talking about Snipers; A tag that forces infantry to prone when firing would be neat...

should be already possible
-give the sniper weapon a firing anim and add damage=1 to the firing anim in art.ini (every shot damages the infantry, which should this way go to the prone stage)
-give the sniper weapon also a particlesystem and add to the particlesystem damage=-1 with a certain delay of 1-2 seconds, so it heals again the damage of the firing anim

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
-give the sniper weapon also a particlesystem and add to the particlesystem damage=-1 with a certain delay of 1-2 seconds, so it heals again the damage of the firing anim

Wont this cause an odd flash in the sniper every 1-2 seconds?

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

- Is there any way to change the uncloaking tag, so it wont uncloak allied buildings/units ...?

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Game only supports 16bit...

And Johan has seen before what happens when you tell the game to use 32bit forced window mode, pink fairy land!

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When creating shortcuts in vista there's a "Run in 256 colors" compatibility option... A "Run in 16 bit colors" option would be useful Rolling Eyes

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it possible for a unit to retain its bonuses (gotten from a crate or something) even after deploying? Also, fire-particle-based weapons really need to get TypeImmune and the units using those weapons should gain veterancy.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd like to see HyperPatch released. Yeah, It'll likely take a while, but it'll take longer the more tiny improvements are added to the list...
just my opinion.

Oh, and Bui... Yeah, you know.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, its a true fact, but sometimes the larger things, IE BuildConst are a pain in the ass and halter all other things, so then i get so annoyed at working on BuildConst, i wont work on anything...

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At the risk of sounding like a noob, I must ask you to eliminate the Construction yard as a HunterSeeker target or make a flag for it, too many times have I been taken out just because the AI can get it up faster than I can get the ability to make an MCV.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can reduce the Hunterseeker damage (change the Damage of the SuicideBomb) Wink

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ahh, I don't really know the workings of the bomb, I just assumed it instantly destroyed everything. (though the "unit lost" still leaves much to be desired)

Lord Unforgiven
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
You can reduce the Hunterseeker damage (change the Damage of the SuicideBomb) Wink

... or disable that unfair/random weapon altogether.

I have nothing to suggest, as I've seen all my ideas already summed up by you guys.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One thing I frogot, make a way to turn off the sight of those annoying waypoints, they are good for making units patrol but are horrible to see, it ruins a good screen shot.

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Turn off the sight of waypoints... WTF do you mean with that?!?
Since you can't say an unit to patrol if you can't see the waypoint at all o.O
And, especially, normally you use the waypoint to mark stealthed buildings xD
The only thing which should be edited is, that the waypoints could let to another -> you can make a not ending path for units... Or is there a special key whcih does allow it? If yes, Im sorry, but never saw it :-]

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hold shift and click on a waypoint to create a loop #Tongue

Anyway, Darkstorm obviously meant there should be a way to temporarily hide the waypoints (so they won't ruin a screenshot). I doubt that's gonna happen though...

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RA2-esque?

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah in a way and Ordo, think before you post...

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Double post to bring attention to the topic.

Could you fix the Component Tower Bug and GDI AIBuildsWalls=yes Bug. I think you should work on bugs like these before new features since these already ruin our day as modders.

FekLeyrTarg
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I look forward to this patch.
btw I have an important question: Will this patch be compartible with the german version of TS?

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Should be semi compatable, realize that this patch, if it doesn't override it, shouldn't affect the rules which affects naming of units. Although if it edits the language.dll it will have all the menu names and most constant text (eg. low power, player was defeated) in english (this doesn't include speech).

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and if so?
he can simply use a german.dll and add the stuff there too. #Tongue

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

even i don't have plan to modding TS for now but can i suggest some idea?

1. Balloon Hover like Kirov in RA2 (and with out facing attack bug if unit don't have turret)

2. Newtype of Factory with own build queue. [unit that can build from this factory must be list below [Newfactory#] )

3. Deploy to use targetting special weapon [ player can double click on unit to use special weapon and choose their target to fire (that allow prople can make weapon like Yamato Gun in starcraft ) ] and this logic can work with energy pip [like EMP Tank].

4. Voxel Filler [filler voxel ingame with blur i believe if this can be possible it will make voxel look more match with SHP ] prople can set it on/off in iotion menu

5. Shp of Aircraft [and it can be cast shadow on ground]

6. The building that can harvesting tiberium by self if player place it in area.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As in new build queue it shouldn't mean tabs, like normal ts I would think seperate like infantry and vehicles so you could have a heavy factory and light factory or something like that.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 3 of 7 [320 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon