Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:43 am
All times are UTC + 0
Tip of the day: Make your TS AI choose your new sides.
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject:  Tip of the day: Make your TS AI choose your new sides.
Subject description: Game hacking for the win!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey everyone! Time for a quick tip of the day. If your Tiberian Sun/Firestorm mod has new factions and you wanted AI to play them, as well as the old factions, this tip is for you.

To make it work, you need a hex editor. There are many good and free Hex Editors or programs that work as Hex Editors. Try frhed.

Then, open your Game.exe on it. Go to the address 001DE389. With frhed, you can do that by going to Edit -> Go To -> x001DE389.

The value you see there by default is 01. If you have one new faction, change it to 02. For two factions, change it to 03, for three factions, change it to 04, etc...

Then, save it and play the game and, of course, have fun. Don't forget to code your AI.

This tip is only recommended for Tiberian Sun/Firestorm with the 2.03 patch.

Thanks for PaD for the tip and for TSHyper for revealing it HERE.

Remember that if you patch your game with ETS, you may need to do this operation again, although I can't confirm that the address to be edited will be that one. Happy modding.

Last edited by Banshee on Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Address will be the same in ETS, so dont worry there.

And have you tested it? Did the AI use your side?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, I haven't tested it yet, to be honest.

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TSHYPER: i'll test it tonight for my Cabal side

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okie dokie... Remember, it more than likely needs the new sides to be put after GDI and Nod and before the Neutral and Special sides. Just so you know Wink

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm... this turned out weird...

i edited game exe and edited the AI file so that the cabal side would make 2 teams. i started the game and ended up with 2 GDI players, 1 Nod player, 1 Cabal player, and me. The GDI and Nod sides began building right as it began (i put a reveal map trigger so that i could see what was going on) but the cabal player just sat with his mcv. so i sent some infantry over to it. (the mcvs all have weapons to force them to deploy) the mcv began to deploy and the game crashed.

any idea why it would crash right when it deployed? (i tried many more times but it kept crashing)

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, It gives out a IE? Upload the Except.txt.

pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crash = Internal Error? if so, give except.txt
It's likely that this is missing AI stuff.

By "sides", I think, we mean houses here, not actual sides... common misunderstanding >.<

What this hack does is add the possibility for the new countries to be selected by the random option (which applies to AI).
You can introduce a countries system à la Red Alert using this.

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry i did mean IE....

oh, new houses Smile

here you go, the except text

except.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  except.txt
 Filesize:  20.75 KB
 Downloaded:  193 Time(s)

pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just like I thought, your AI doesn't have any buildable buildings.
You added stuff to BuildConst=, BuildPower= etc.?
Buildings have AIBasePlanningSide=2, correct ownership and other nifty things like that? A lot to consider when adding a third side. Also, in TS there might be problems due to DoubleOwned not being TripleOwned, heck I dunno, never modded TS xD
But that's not quite the topic here anyway.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AIBasePlanningSide is not in TS pd #Tongue

But yea, make sure everything it set up correctly.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The TFD TS exe seems to be protected, since I can't find anything from it. Not even a slight mention of ECACHE or EXPANDs >_<

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aye, it be compressed with SafeDisc, only people who can do it is pd and VK, by doing a memory dump.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice, all we need now is correct working 3rd sides

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, i believe the only thing not making them work in ETS is the Speech and BaseUnit. BaseUnit is not a problem if you are using one MCV, but the Speech can be.

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I fixed it and the AI only deployed the mcv and sat there.....

I added all the buildings needed to the buildpower=,etc. tags...
I also made sure all the Cabal buildings i added had AIBuildThis=yes...

so i don't know....

Triforce
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got it to work for NCM. Very Happy How did you set up your Cabal side's MCV? During my game, the AI deployed the default MCV first, and then built an NCM ConYard from it. (How I don't know) After that it went on to build two or more of every NCM building, and then started building basic Nod structures. (All I saw it build was the power plant and refinery) I may have built more, but by then the other two Nod Ai were hitting it hard with cluster missiles. NCM never built any AI teams, but I think thats my own fault, I think. Wink

I have pics, but its not letting me upload ATM. Keep getting an error.

Triforce

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thats awesome!

BTW, you will have to write up new AI's for the side, maybe just copy the GDI ones and work from that.

Triforce
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Still can't upload, so I'll do it this way. Smile

Seems the AI builds everything from the defualt MCV/GACNST, yet human players can't. Go figure.

NCM AI clearly has a case of "Bob the Builder Complex" Laughing

Triforce

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool, im glad it comes in handy Smile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

can't the same thing be done to find the max number of superweapons?

djohe
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey someone should move this to the Tiberian Sun research center or tutorial factory

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, this is a tip of the day. Therefore, a news in the site.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!