Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:32 am
All times are UTC + 0
Shotgun/Rifleman [YR]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject:  Shotgun/Rifleman [YR] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've updated the machine gun guy; shortened the arms, recolored him, gave him a shotgun, and added two animations. This guy looks cooler in my opinion. There's a couple different sizes in the download, the rendered one, and then 70, 60 and 50% (I wanted to see which size fits best to ra2 size and ts).

ingame.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  208.13 KB
 Viewed:  12092 Time(s)

ingame.PNG

model.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  25.99 KB
 Viewed:  12092 Time(s)

model.PNG

shotgunner.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  shotgunner.zip
 Filesize:  142.98 KB
 Downloaded:  542 Time(s)

darknessvolt
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hate to say this but.................. Needs more animation and is too cartoony!

On the other news:::::: Hey Am I the first one to put a comment on this Topic?!

Last edited by darknessvolt on Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1) how can you say it needs more animation...when you didn't even download the file?

2) Proclaiming first post? thats...thats...

spam.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  21.65 KB
 Viewed:  12076 Time(s)

spam.JPG

darknessvolt
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh yeah I forgot it! And now your creation seems okay sorry for the misjudge and I have to code it as Infantry, but hey that spamburger makes me hungry!

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dude your characters arms are melting ewwwwww but apart form that its a-okay

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

darknessvolt
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow nice SEAL Commando!

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Arms are much too thin, the walk cycle doesn't look very natural and the lighting is still wrong. The upper body and arms need to move more, try walking with a (toy) gun or some other prop and think about how your own body is moving as you walk. The arms geometry seems to deform strangely around the arms too, are you using a skeleton to animate this or just keyframing vertex transformations? Also, there is no point to the mouth bit, I can't tell its even there in the final render. It also looks like you aren't using anti-aliasing (if Anim8tor can do it without AA to background) though partyzanPaulZy is guilty of the same thing for his commando.

nikoleah
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

partyzanPaulZy wrote:
Watch and learn Very Happy
It's pretty hard create SHP in Anim8tor, I use 3dsmax for this....
Commando

http://forums.revora.net/index.php?showtopic=55699
sometimes is better to modify an existing model, this one was from CNC3 model.

Well... partyzan... Would you make it in TS too?

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1) what is anti-aliasing?
2) yeah, i guess small detail is useless if it doen't come up in the final product
3) I am using a skeleton to move the guy, I don't know what's wrong with the wrongs, I think it's becaus the bone influences overlap.But do the deformities show up in the .shp?
4)The walk anim is based off the one fore the ra2 engineer. I try to base my walk anims by looking at the mirror, but anim8or has a strange way of rotating bones (or I'm just not very good at it). Something like slightly rotating the body going left and right while having the torso rock back and forth-is nearly impossible with anim8or and/or my skill.
5)using someone else's model kinda defeats the purpose.
6)for whoever downloaded the .shp, does th 5050 fit in with ts size and does the 7070 match the ra2 size?

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. The slight blurring effect that stops the graphics being too pixelated. I don't have any examples to upload to show you, but when I next render something I will since AA and non-AA versions are part of the workflow I've come up with for blender to stop graphics AA to background and getting a blue halo effect.
3. Something is definitely wrong, either it needs more vertexes around the joint to deform better or the bones aren't set right. It looks like a gingerbread man's arm bending.
4. Can't really help you then, as I'm not familiar with the animation system you use.
6. 7070 looks about right for RA2.

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, actually, if DaFool doesn't mind (PM me if otherwise) I've got a preview here, he's done QUITE well in the leg animations.

Just work on your arms, length and width, and you'll have a great infantry.

I'm definitely impressed, to say the least.

shotsec.gif
 Description:
Impressive leg animation
 Filesize:  324.14 KB
 Viewed:  11944 Time(s)

shotsec.gif

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SHWING!
Thats perfectly fine m666, infact, I'm actually very glad that you did it

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this is no puppet. Let the whole body move up and down while walking.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

darknessvolt
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool! Hey m666 is it up for download?!

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

darkness, that is my .shp that he converted into a .gif. If you want to use it in a mod, download my .shp.

BTW m666, what program do u use to convert .shp into .gif? and more importantly, is it free to download?

For the walk animation, should I just have the guy go a few pixels up and down for now?

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The body should recoil slightly when the gun fires, it wouldn't all be taken by the arms. When walking, the body tends to rotate slightly as well as bob up and down a bit. The head doesn't though.

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I use SHP Builder. #Tongue

File, Export, SHP to Image. Saved it as GIF, always has worked for me.

And, darknessvolt, if you have no honest ztyping clue what is going on, then please, for the love of God, don't even waste your time typing a response. >.>

Also; perhaps some muzzle flashing to occur, even if it's on a lower scale.

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Muzzle flash? So like the guy should light up when he shoots, or there should be a little flame at the end of the barrel when he shoots (which is already present). This point brings me to my next one; lighting in general. I have yet to experiment with it at all in anim8or, I read a tutorial minuts ago and it said that it will make your computer go real slow (the comp I use as my "studio" is a win98 ungraded to XP with a 20g harddrive and 64mb of ram hehe). I suppose when I learn lighting I could go forth and add shadows although I was thinking about doing them by hand.

I am going to redo the past 3 units I've done and get them to a level of excelence just a little above the guy above, they shall be complete with shadows, correct proportion, perspective, lighting, animations, everything. If anyone has any suggestions they would like to give, I am gong to have them done by friday night. I will also have a forth unit done. So with the firday release you will get 1)pistol soldier 2)machine gunner 3)shot gunner and 4)combat engineer.

Alexander C Bukington
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"1. The slight blurring effect that stops the graphics being too pixelated. I don't have any examples to upload to show you, but when I next render something I will since"

Not exactly, anti aliasing just blends pixels with a very thin layer of "transition colored" pixels. It makes the contents of an image look less like they were pasted into it and more like they actually belong in it.

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alexander C Bukington wrote:
"1. The slight blurring effect that stops the graphics being too pixelated. I don't have any examples to upload to show you, but when I next render something I will since"

Not exactly, anti aliasing just blends pixels with a very thin layer of "transition colored" pixels. It makes the contents of an image look less like they were pasted into it and more like they actually belong in it.

Except that isn't what it really is either and is IMO a worse dumbed down description than mine. Read the article about it on wikipedia.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!