Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:57 am
All times are UTC + 0
Possible C&C : X FPS Footage?
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [30 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject:  Possible C&C : X FPS Footage? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tchutch over at http://www.cncsaga.com/ posted news about this video by a guy called thirdmonster who has over 10 years experience in CGI and worked on tones of projects over the years.

Anyways... I Love CGI, i really do.

Now, Check this out...

http://www.youtube.com/v/RSgJn2o4VN0

Goto: 03:04

Now i may be wrong, but you can not doubt this is C&C related, if not, EA related too.

1) Video reel date.
2) Right at the start, i mean in the first second or two, it looks like some Mech legs and possibly Mechs hanging from Dropships.
3) The style of the video reminds me a lot of Renegade, showing the commando.
4) Clearly you can see Dropships (new style) dropping down Predators and possibly a APC or a Harvester, something with a turret.
5) The tanks are with out a doubt 101% like the ones in the TFD poster.
6) I think the commando has a black GDI logo on hes left (looking from behind) shoulder.
7) The switch to First Person Mode, makes me think its connected to the FPS we have heard about.
8 ) Nod bus? Or Nod Transport.
9) Some Scrin style unit attacking the Nod object.
10) If you look to the right when he fires the missiles at the Scrin units, looks a lot like a Tiberium Spike. It has GDI on it too.
11) The HUGE Scrin unit looks like something out of War of the worlds, now if there going with scale, i would say that is a Tripod or something.

Now goto 4:08, see that gold cyborg thing? Looks to me like a concept...

http://img.cncsaga.com/continuum/preproduction/051.jpg

Now think... some of them things are too hard to dismiss... i think we have outsells a guy who rendered possibly the opening sequence to the C&C X : FPS?

I might be really wrong, but still... its something C&C related that no one has seen before.

Thanks to Tchutch for finding this Wink

friday-13th
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*Drools in confusion*
Huh?Lol...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe it could be some futuristic Battlefield game, don't you think? Sorry, but I have some doubts if it is really Command & Conquer related. And, if the person ever had anything to do with a new C&C game, this person would be under a non disclosure agreement and wouldn't be able to reveal this kind of content yet.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What is the point of the video?
Though, I do agree - those are alike the CnC 3.

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wonder how much he would request to commission 3D work? O_o

Daz
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The video is a demo reel for a 3d artists, I think it's far far more likely that it's pre-release TW or pre-release TT work.

Edit:
If he was working on a C&C FPS which hasn't yet been released he's under NDA and would not be allowed to show any work from it in his showreel.

It could even be purely fanart, but done by a professional.

Last edited by Daz on Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think Daz is right.
The Tank and the whole unit designs look more like a concept study made during the TW development.
He wouldnt be allowed to show design from an unreleased game...

But your right, looks like scrin buzzer and some kind of huge mech...
But the Cyborg looks nowhere like the concept art, more like something from battlestar galactica.

PS: Acording to youtube the artists name is Steven Rogers.

darknessvolt
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is anyone in here planning to design those things into vxl/shp for the CnC games?

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for the crap Google translation.

Tchutch @ C&C Saga wrote:
Good Video is Steven Rogers and a document on its website reads:

Large Battle Scene:
Layout, mechanical animation, some texturing, lighting, special effects. Software:
Maya, Lightwave, Photoshop, After Effects. Client: Command & Conquer (EA Games).

http://web.mac.com/thirdmonster/

And he worked for Zoic Studios
http://www.zoicstudios.com/

Check out hes website for a high resolution of the video. Seems EA is motion this...

Daz
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, there's a nice breakdown of what everything is. He's done work for some huge clients.
It says he did work for a BSG game so that's probably a cylon rather than that concept.

The C&C bit also confirms he did work for EA's C&C but it isn't any more detailed than that.

I'm sticking with thinking it's concept stuff for TW or something. It looks alot more TS than TW's art style (the units just look TS, and the environment seems more fitting with TS' the world is screwed setup than TW's not so bad afterall version) but the way the soldier jumps seems like a Zone Trooper.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, i agree with you Daz, and if you look at one of the pages, there is a image of the gold cyborg and the image name has Cylon in it.

I dont know though... i still think it has something to do what EA might be planning, if so, its looks awesome.

The way i see it, the TFD poster was two sided, one side was the Ion Cannon, what we later found out to be Tiberium Wars related, and the Tank we do not know for sure, and now a video of it pops up?...

Daz
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it's more likely both sides were TW, but the Predator model was changed.

I've just watched it and the whole end section is from the BSG game for Xbox (original) which I have somewhere. The Cylons look like that rather than like the 70s or new version.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This being new C&C FPS is as probable as Duke Nukem Forever coming out.

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Theres a version with way better resolution on his page..

This scene was propably a simple study to show a concept for the inviroment and I guess it was just to dark and frightend and thus the basic theme was changed.

The jumping soldier looks a bit like the CnC3 commando...

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What those dragonfly like things? They appear @ 00:00:13 attacking that dump truck with the word ''NOD'' on it.. some new Fauna or some Cabal/Scrin unit.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thirdmonster replied:

"Non-Disclosure Agreement notwithstanding, I can safely say: I don't know WHY we created this project. I was working for a television/film VFX studio when this project came in. As far as I know (at the time--over a year-and-a-half-ago), there was "some new game" being planned (I stress "PLANNED"; very early stage; may have been dumped since), and all the information I could glean was we (at the VFX house) were creating a short animation piece for the game company only. It was an internal type of job (not to be included in any specified game--except maybe as supplemental materials for a release WAY down the line). Sometimes they put things together like this just to get a feel for what the game might look like, to get their artistic juices flowing, or programmers thinking, or to get investors excited, or whatever... kind of like a movie director looking for a proof-of-concept, or even pre-visualization. I don't mean to sound vague, but that is really all I know. The project lasted about 7 weeks, we delivered it, I moved on to my next gig; life of an
artist-for-hire.

Sorry I can't be any more help...but that's all I know. ("

tl;dr

its not Renegade 2

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ickus wrote:
What those dragonfly like things? They appear @ 00:00:13 attacking that dump truck with the word ''NOD'' on it.. some new Fauna or some Cabal/Scrin unit.

Looks like Scrin repair drones...

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting Carno, at least we know for sure now Very Happy

Daz
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That all but confirms it as a proof of concept for TW then.

The rumour mill can go back to sleep now #Tongue

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is there any information on when this was done? Months or maybe a year and two ago?

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its hes 2007 Reel, so i would guess early '07 when they might have been concepting some C&C3 things.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But there are videos for projects like Star Trek, and it seems there's a short clip from an old movie (which name I can't remember). Although, it wouldn't make sense to use old material...

EDIT: In the YouTube description the artist says he got a Primetime Emmy entry and an Emmy award in 2002 for the Star Trek project.

Daz
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Read Mei Ling's post.

Quote:
(at the time--over a year-and-a-half-ago)

The work will be from various times (it's not all 07 just because it's the 07 edition of his reel, if he did something awesome in 2001 he'd keep it in his reel until he had a good reason to replace it) but the C&C bit is from over a year and a half ago.

There are clips from ST: Voyager and ST: Enterprise. It's all listed on his site.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, i take it as when he says '07 Reel, he means work from 2007, my bad.

Kurorahk
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hum.... It looks like a GDI Commando jumping around and it has the CnC First decade Concept tank for those tanks, but also has the 'Nod' truck being attacked by something... Interesting... Nice find.

-Kurorahk-

Blaze, Demon of The Round Table, Mobuis One call me what you want I am one with the sky.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't worry guys, I assure you there will be a new C&C RTS game, some time after Kane's Wrath... and there is a good possibility of a FPS one, although most FPS games from that studio are Medal of Honour...

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea. also @ moddb.com theres some TS/C&C themed mods. for other FPS game engines.

Raptor8
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow, this is made by ea though

-Wraith88 on EA forums

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome back, Mate. It's been a while! Smile (Nods Viper, By the way Wink)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [30 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!