Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:55 pm
All times are UTC + 0
I.O.N Storm guide
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
CalChillin
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject:  I.O.N Storm guide Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Has body got an i.o.n storm guide it one of the super weapon i want in my mod pleas Very Happy

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You mean has anyone got a guide to make an ion storm in their mod?

TX1138
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's ion, not i.o.n Confused One word, not three, not two, but one word. Might want to get that right before you go requesting stuff.

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I asume your mod is for TS. I don't know th advance parts of TS codeing, but if you use ETS you might be able to do something with the meteor storm That's perhaps...

Last edited by Dupl3xxx on Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

djohe
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its not possible to create ion storms from superweapons in Tiberian Sun like those that happen on some singleplayer maps or a few multiplayer maps.

This is one of those things that is or should be on the wishlist for ETS.
Dupl3xxx did your spellcheck go offline?

You can however try to emulate a ion storm but I have never tried it myself. It would involve the ETS Meteor Storm I believe (possible with MultiMissile?).

There is one thing I have seen on TiberiumWeb but note that this involves editing the AI if you know how to do that (I do Very Happy ) That storm will cover that whole map and wont be a storm that just covers a small area like in Redalert2. http://www.tiberiumweb.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=319

Nice one TX1138 by the way.
Dupl3xxx did your spellcheck go off?

CalChillin
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did not ask for a lecture on how i spell ion i just wanted a the super weapon guide and i do not want just the ai to fire i do as well

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what have you tried so far?
>post the code you're using
>tell us why your code doesn't work

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

CalChillin
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i have not tried any thing that why i need the guide
I think there is an ion storm weapon on tstw

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@djohe
I'll fix what I can find. And other that that, my spellcheck just killed my cat, and ran for it! I don't think I'll see it sometime soon Wink

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Confused a guide to making an ion superweapon........

i made a lightning storm super in my mod, but it can only be found in goodie crates....

it's not hard, you just make a superweapon and the weapon has an invisible animation and the animation spawns debris that have a lighting animations........

CalChillin
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i don not under stand how you did it. Give me a proper guide for how to make the super weapon like the ark and rules.ini codes

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

since nobody will post a complete code (or a "open this, click here, change word there"-guide) for you, you have to find out most by yourself.
anyway a small guide for you
1. make yourself familiar with the possible tags in art.ini and rules.ini (learn how to mod)
2. understand how [METLARGE] [METSMALL] etc work and make a working clone (look in art.ini and rules.ini)
3. assign your new anim (the clone) to a normal weapons warhead as explosion anim (test your clone)
4. change the way your clone acts: e.g. changing range, image and number of the spawned debris
5. read tutorials about changing superweapons (no you can not create a new one). hint: the emp cannon is the best candidate for creating a meteor shower or ion storm weapon how joshy suggested it (hint 2: change the weapon the emp cannon uses; the thing after Primary=)

However i think that you shouldn't start modding with such an extensive task. Since it's not only changing ini codes. You also have to make a new shp for the lightning effect.(the one the game uses is hardcoded/rendered by the engine and can not be used)

P.S. work on your spelling and grammar. Without the translation from Dregan i wasn't able and didn't wanted to be able to understand what you want.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Styledatol
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why would you want to make an Ion Storm Super Weapon? It will be a masochistic act to use it, no matter who you are.

CalChillin
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: its not my first time doing a ts mod Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

its not my first time doing a ts mod i know how it works and how the shps and vxls work as well.i found it easy to get the ion storm to work but just add it to the emp part is hard because i have the Meteor Storm there

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

people often just use the hunterseekers and make their explosions a meteor or their ion storm animation

Code:

[NHUNTER]
Explosion=METLARGE

so the seeker explodes and here comes a meteor

Lin Kuei Ominae suggested the way so that it is targetable by using the EMP super weapon. If you do that then your building that fires it must have this
Code:

[METEORBUILDING]
Name=Meteor Control whatever
EMPulseCannon=yes ; must have
SuperWeapon=EMPulseSpecial ; can be different since it's your super
Primary=EMPulseWeapon ;edit the empulse weapon

the building must have these or else you will get an IE trying to fire the super

I have implemented a lighting storm like in RA2 and the nuclear missile as well. You can look here

http://ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16128

i used the emp for my nuke, and for the storm i used an ETS feature...
(the animation superweapon)

CalChillin
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject:  GRATE Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Grate i got managed to get them on at last i never would of thought of that explosion trick and now im going to sleep Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Job done. Bad spelling. Topic Locked.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon