Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:02 pm
All times are UTC + 0
The Dawn of the Tiberium Age
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [70 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject:  The Dawn of the Tiberium Age Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is another Tiberian Sun to Tiberian Dawn total conversion and is up for download.
For more information, screenshots and of course to download the mod itself, head over to the The Dawn of the Tiberium Age forum @ TiberiumWeb.com.

Last edited by Bittah Commander on Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:50 am; edited 2 times in total

View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah... What the hell are you doing?

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hes telling you about a project he has been working on that moves TD, as much as possible, into the TS engine.

Not like RotD, this is using orignal TD art...

djohe
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its a mod Gufu, do you know what a mod is Gufu Laughing
By the way if you dont know what mod stands for Gufu it stands for modification.

Looks nice Bittah Commander

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

also stands for moderator.
I got confused, why the hell we needed anoth TD MOD... now I see...

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for clarifying, TSHyper.

For everyone who like gufu thinks this is just another ROTD, please at least have a look at the screenshots before dismissing it Smile

View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yay!!! I won't have to screw around with td tfd!

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd like you all to know the mod is now up for download Wink

KillerClam
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shit got an error

bonzy_buddy
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's reallyy well done.
I noticed a palette issue with the nod chopper cameo.
The IA is a bit weak.
Maybe I just did't click enough but it seems the comando doesn't says "I've got a present for ya" which is a shame.
Apart from these minor issue it's a very good adaptation.

Beowulf
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I found myself really bored with this, to be honest. I was hoping for something great... but no, I got a boring rehash of TD in TS. If I want TD, I'll play TD. No offense Bittah, but you can do better.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
djohe
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh just had an idea: Why not implent experimental technology on techlevel 8, 9 and 10 much like the experimetal techlevel in the game Supreme Commander like Tiberian Sun units like the Volverine, Titan, Cyborg's, Juggernaut, Cyborg Reaper and Tiberian Sun buildings (all of them are Shp based except the barrel on the Titan Mech and Juggernaut)

Also if you need help with the AI (Artificial Intelligence) I can help you with that. However it might take some time to make it work realy good.

I have worked with the AI in my personal Tiberian Sun mod and it preforms realy good!
I dont have any good screenshots of my AI in action but here are the ones that ive posted on PPM:
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12257
In those screenshots there is some infantry rushing, and capturing action going on.

Its not as good as the AI in Deezires RA2:YR mod (That one is REALLY GREAT! and kicks my butt within 3-5minutes)

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bonzy_buddy wrote:

I noticed a palette issue with the nod chopper cameo.

In the versions of DTA before 1.0.3 the Apache used the wrong cameo (it used the TS one instead of the TD one).
bonzy_buddy wrote:

Maybe I just did't click enough but it seems the comando doesn't says "I've got a present for ya" which is a shame.

It's indeed a shame, but unfortunatly TS doesn't have a unique speach for when you order a unit to place a C4 on a building.
Infinity wrote:
I found myself really bored with this, to be honest. I was hoping for something great... but no, I got a boring rehash of TD in TS. If I want TD, I'll play TD. No offense Bittah, but you can do better.

Take in mind this is only an early release of DTA and I intend to implement quite a few extras in the future.
The intention of the early releases was really to let you play TD with the benifits of the TS engine (high resolutions, modifyable keyboard keys, internet play, drag-scrolling, etc.).
djohe wrote:
Oh just had an idea: Why not implent experimental technology on techlevel 8, 9 and 10 much like the experimetal techlevel in the game Supreme Commander like Tiberian Sun units like the Volverine, Titan, Cyborg's, Juggernaut, Cyborg Reaper and Tiberian Sun buildings (all of them are Shp based except the barrel on the Titan Mech and Juggernaut)

That might indeed be a good idea to implement somewhere in the future. The problem with this however is that many of those units have the exact same use as the TD units... A better idea would probably be some kind of tech building which would allow you to build those units.
djohe wrote:

Also if you need help with the AI (Artificial Intelligence) I can help you with that. However it might take some time to make it work realy good.

I agree my AI is rather lacking, so I indeed could use some help with the AI Smile

bonzy_buddy
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:

It's indeed a shame, but unfortunatly TS doesn't have a unique speach for when you order a unit to place a C4 on a building.

Then you should selet the "I've got a present for ya" phrase ; it's mythic. You should also implement some TD songs, at least "act on instinct" in the top of the playlist. Playing TD is very much about nostalgia and that would defenitely give a TD touch to your mod.

I'm all for some 8, 9, 10 tech level. Hover mlrs and Orca bomber could be good adds. It's not that grave if wolverine and titant are similar to humvee and medium tank : you can make them stronger but only buildable once you have a pricey tech building. It would give some depht to the game. Same goes for nod.

Also, the ion cannon graphics are not very good. I think you could do better or maybe use ts one.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow. Currently, I like it as-is. I'd be happy if Bittah just added in the visceroids and did 10 more maps and abandoned the damn thing.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@bonzy_buddy:
The TD music can be downloaded separately at the DTA forum. Note you'll need to have DTA version 1.0.3 or later for it to work.

I know the Ion Cannon graphics don't look very good. I won't use the TS one instead, but I'm planning on replacing it with a better looking one.

@Mei Ling:
I will add Visceroids in the next update of DTA Wink
I'm not sure wether I'll be making many (if any) more new maps, but there is a subforum where others can post their own maps (maps that are good enough will be included with the DTA download when there's another update).

NOD-Kane and Brotherhood
Cyborg Firebomber

Location: In a building,creating the fench Brotherhood of NOD and recruiting...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey you told on tibweb that there is also a red alert conversion for ts. What's its name? thx

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That isn't what I said. I said (in the About/History topic) that Morpher was working on a RA version of DTA simultaneously to the TD version I was working on and we intended to merge the mods when we'd finish.
This was scrapped when Morpher no longer had the time and interest to continue the RA version of DTA.

tobiasboon46
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FS DTA say I don't have TibSun.mix.Any thing wrong?( I actually have it...)

Err...the image above means no offence to the american people...It's a bit of what I feel about it's gov't >_>

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I believe you didn't extract all files from the zip file into the TS folder (particularly finsun.mix seems to be missing).

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Bittah, before you make a 'BETTAR AND UPGRADED' version, please, make it seperate or somethign from this version? after all the kinks here are worked out, make this 'better' version optional, and seperate please. Smile

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll make sure you'll be able to play "regular DTA" whenever you wish to do so (no matter which version of DTA you have) Wink

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pretty cool.

nailed that good ole TD feeling pretty well.

Just needs some Dinos, and visceroids..oh and more tib trees..the mutated stages before it turns into a blossom tree would be cool.I know you probably want to be pretty strict rendition of TD.

but if your going to add in some TS stuff.

Such as Veins. the darker version you can make the Bio-tech center the weeding station. for chemical missiles. maybe the old RA ore truck can serve as the weeder. or a modified tesla tank.

and possibly the 3 domed tech lab center for cyborgs. from Regenesis Project.

but thats just extra nonsense. one other suggestion is the AI, but please don't leave paranoid=yes >_<

it kills the game.

KillerClam
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Failed to initialize. Please reinstall.

Hunterwolf53
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I get the EXACT same thing Killer gets, no different. And i really would like to play. Rotd has modified stuff and TD wont work for me.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This happens because I changed the file name of SCORES.MIX in the executable and placed the 0 byte file the game looks for in the EXPAND MIX (it turns out the game doesn't read it from there).
There are 2 ways to fix this:
1: Download the music from DTA download topic and place it in the folder you installed DTA in.
2: If you don't wish to download the music, you can simply create a new text file in the folder you installed DTA into and rename it to "DTASCO.MIX".
If you're having trouble with this, you can also just extract DTASCO.MIX from DTAXND01.MIX with the XCC Mixer.

I'll make sure this 'll be fixed in the next update of DTA.

Hunterwolf53
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I Tried adding the music, but it still comes up with the failed to initialize error,

Reinstalling. Also, the Map editor works, im half way done with a map. Question however, Why do some of the river sections have the wrong pallet, will they still work in DTA?

EDIT: Yes, after the reinstall and addition of music it still gets the SAME error.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very strange it still isn't working... I just tried installing DTA version 1.0.3 into the folder of a clean TS installation, also copied DTASCO.MIX into that folder and it worked fine.

When you see anything using the wrong palette in FinalSun, they'll also use the wrong palette in DTA. When something uses a wrong palette it simply means that it's not meant for the theater you're currently using and you'll have to look for a similar "terrain building" which is meant for the theater you're using.

Edit: I just tested whether DTA version 1.0.3 would work without adding the DTASCO.MIX file into the folder and it did work (apeparently TS can read DTASCO.MIX from the EXPAND MIX after all). So this obviously isn't what's causing it...
Maybe one of the original TS files is corrupted or missing?
And you did install DTA into the folder you installed TS in, right? Just because DTA has it's own executable doesn't mean it doesn't require the TS files.

Hunterwolf53
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I installed DTA in a template folder *i have alot of mods so i just put them in seperate folders with TS stuff included* and that didnt work, then i installed it into my TS folder, Didnt work.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you using The First Decade?

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, you are bad, you asked for illegal stuff...

Anyways, this does not require Firestorm...

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You don't need the firstorm disc to play DTA.

Also, don't ask for cracks on the forums. Google is your friend Wink

Edit: Seems you beat me to it, Luke Laughing

NOD-Kane and Brotherhood
Cyborg Firebomber

Location: In a building,creating the fench Brotherhood of NOD and recruiting...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

YOUHOU! YOU ROCK MEN!

DarkBlueRabbit
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NOD, couldn't agree more... Smile

Keep it coming! Hehehe

KillerClam
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ztype i still cant run it

djohe
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Works almost perfectly for me but I also dont have the First Decade (I have the orginal Tiberian Sun CD's and orginal Firestorm Expansion). Its a little bugged and gives Internal Errors sometimes but seemed to work better when I lowered the Detail Level setting.

Note this mod will also not work with NOCD cracks becaus it uses its own program, it will also not work with cheat trainers if anyone use those Laughing

Hunterwolf53
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, im not running TFD *its for losers*, so that awnsers that... Anything you could advise?

KillerClam
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I decided to take a screenshot of the error

WTF!1!!.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  7.69 KB
 Viewed:  18537 Time(s)

WTF!1!!.jpg

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I figured it might've not worked because you didn't update TS, so I ran I small test...
I copied all the files from the INSTALL folder on the TS disc to an empty folder on my hard disc and then installed DTA 1.0.3 over it.... It worked perfectly, so whether you have updated TS or not doesn't make a difference at all.

You should try starting TS itself from the folder you installed DTA into and see if that works... If it doesn't work, then there's your explanation.

If it does work, then there has to be something wrong with the DTA files... Maybe not all files were extracted from the zip folder or the zip folder got corrupted during the download.
If this is the case, first try extracting the files from the zip file again and see if it works. If that didn't work, try downloading DTA again.

Hunterwolf53
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, i ran TS and it worked fine. And i did extract the files from the folder. *or do you mean from the FinalSun_Folder?*. Is there a windowed or debugging mode?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, I didn't mean the FinalSun folder...
So really all of DTA's files are in the TS folder (not in a sub-folder)? I really can't figure out why it won't work then... Especially considering it works just fine for others.

Did you try downloading DTA again, like I told you?
If that also doesn't help, it might be best to just wait for the next version of DTA (I'll release it in or possibly even before the weekend).

KillerClam
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
I figured it might've not worked because you didn't update TS, so I ran I small test...
I copied all the files from the INSTALL folder on the TS disc to an empty folder on my hard disc and then installed DTA 1.0.3 over it

i love you

Hunterwolf53
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eh, okay i can wait Smile im already waiting on several other mods, Another one wont hurt Very Happy

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DTA version 1.0.4 is now up for download.

Hunterwolf53
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crying or Very sad It STILL wont work! Mad i've tried compatabilty modes and still no dice... I give up...

friday-13th
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think you've got a few bugs and glitches.Mainly where my units get stuck between the cliffs and the egdes of it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I know about that. Harvesters getting stuck are always caused by mapping errors in DTA and it looks like I missed one on Lost Arena...

friday-13th
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also 1 on sand trap I think,and,Some weirdo cliff entrance on Tib garden.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
KillerClam
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had a glitch on the new map for 1.004 were an enemy unit got stuck on one of the roads and i was unable to attack it without control firing

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think there's anything I can do about that with the building roads...
friday-13th wrote:
Also 1 on sand trap I think,and,Some weirdo cliff entrance on Tib garden.

There's one on Sand Trap? Could you tell me exactly where it is, because there isn't one on Sand trap for as far as I know (not in version 1.04 at least)...
I know about that "weirdo entrance" however and already fixed this for 1.05.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon