Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:17 am
All times are UTC + 0
it is now possible to extract AUDIO from C&C3
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
jonwil
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject:  it is now possible to extract AUDIO from C&C3 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

download this:
http://users.tpg.com.au/jfwfreo/cc3toolsaudio.zip
It contains a new program called audioextract that can extract AUDIO from C&C3.
There are a couple of limitations with this program:
This program cannot currently extract audio compressed with the EALayer3 compression algorithm. Also, it cannot extract audio with the
IsStreamedOnPC flag set to true or audio that is not compressed. It only extracts audio from the main game files. It is currently only
compatible with the english language version of C&C3.

But, it CAN extract pretty much all sound effects, EVA voices, unit voices etc from C&C3

The zip file also contains my other C&C3 tools.

Full source code is included so you can see all the details of how C&C3 audio and the XAS ADPCM works.

Mighty BOB!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pray tell how you cameth upon this breakthrough. Surprised

jonwil
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Basically it involved finding someone who knows both ADPCM and Assembler and then they were able to reverse engineer C&C3 and figure out the algorithim.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can you extract the music with this tool too?

jonwil
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope, no music yet.

KougarLOB
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:18 am    Post subject:  Starting audioextract.exe Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are these applications add-ons to another program because I cannot seem to get them to work independantly. Usuing only the files from the unzipped ZIP file, I double click the 20.5kb audioextract.exe and recieve an error message that "...the application failed to start because it was not configured properly. Please reinstall the application."

What is the proper method to starting the program? The readme file is cryptic. I am new to this forum so I am not fully aware of all programs/methods discussed here.

The only application I can get a responce from is XMLEdit.exe, but it only appears to display the code of whatever file I use it to open.

jonwil
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SSTG
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey the links broken could I get a new link to download this program?

jonwil
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Download the audio extractor from www.cncmods.net as part of the "SDK Extras" package.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum