Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:57 am
All times are UTC + 0
[RA2/YR] Finished Prerelease Iron Curtain
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [30 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
BrianPrime
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject:  [RA2/YR] Finished Prerelease Iron Curtain
Subject description: All the bugs are ironed out! ^^
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
So, it's finally finished. I've worked incredibly hard and long hours on this gem, and I'm proud to call it complete. Some called it impossible to make, I laugh at them.

I suppose you could call this the only publically-released SHP I will ever make. Enjoy!
(Includes Buildups for both Snow and Temperate, temperate and snow animations, and base shp.)

All bugs have been fixed, be it the remap or the odd animation bit. This has been even more frusterating than the actual making of the SHP.
Soon I may release the Nuke Silo which you may also see in that screenshot.

Iron Curtain.zip
 Description:
For those who hate Megaupload

Download
 Filename:  Iron Curtain.zip
 Filesize:  343.38 KB
 Downloaded:  1920 Time(s)

Last edited by BrianPrime on Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:08 pm; edited 3 times in total

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have seen it since it came of the news at MO. Perhaps the best pre-realese shp so far #Tongue (Again, too bad there is no SHP-Spotlight forum *looks at banshee*)

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AMAZING!!! truly worth a shp spotlight! *looks at banshee, then at Dupl3xxx's siggy*
i can post with my Wii Laughing

BrianPrime
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Removed the megaupload link and uploaded to this site.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From a neutral, artistic point of view, I commend you for your efforts and for uploading to the site.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
BrianPrime
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bump. Very Happy

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...And the point of that was?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like it. Is this a fixed version of some unfinished pre-release Iron Curtain, or did you made it completely by yourself?

BrianPrime
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yuri o07 wrote:
I like it. Is this a fixed version of some unfinished pre-release Iron Curtain, or did you made it completely by yourself?

I made it all myself. Cool

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow, nice job dude

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Last edited by Team Black on Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BrianPrime wrote:
Yuri o07 wrote:

That's BS!! You didn't make it all your self! All you did was take a screen shot and make a build up and animations... i guess...

OH!!! IM SO LOOT GOD LIKE!!!! BOW TO ME NOW!!!

HA! this is crap and is nothing more then stealing! Its just as if i took a screen shot from War craft 2, And cut every thing else, and turned every thing into shps. Oh how cool would it be!!! WOoT! WoOt! I stole!!! I think I'm so cool!

Now if you would have re-modeled it and made it look better then what it originally did i would have to give you props. Because I can see why Westwood went against not use that that design. Looked like crap and didn't fit in with the rest of the buildings.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, I see little evidence of cut and paste here...

ntironmk.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  101.64 KB
 Viewed:  20031 Time(s)

ntironmk.gif

IronCurtain2-1.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  63.53 KB
 Viewed:  20031 Time(s)

IronCurtain2-1.gif

comparison.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  33.53 KB
 Viewed:  20034 Time(s)

comparison.png

The Team Black Index

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see alot of cup-n-past evidence. I havent looked at the build-up tell you posted it. And i see alot of things that could make it better.

Its nothing great, new or special. He's been bringing this up for years. Same thing and nothing else... And some how I'm suppose think hes great...?

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Team Black Index

Xeno
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The release must not be getting enough downloads in order to satisfy Primes ego. Actually looking at it there's alot of things he could of still improved on when doing it, but obviously towards the end he rushed it just to get it out there...

Alot of those concept buildings have been attempted before in the past so this is really nothing new. Just another attempt... Rolling Eyes

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Edit:: ---(Appologies To Brian Prime)---

Last edited by Aro on Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What the hell?

BrianPrime never wrote that he did not use assets like pre-release pictures or Iron Curtain animations to do his work. He didn't do anything wrong, and you people start over-reacting for one, single reply.

@Brian: it is a good piece of work even if you used assets from RA2. Good job.

TX1138
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For those of you who don't know, here's the pre-release image Wink

BrainPrime's replica is about as close as anyone is going to get Smile

BrianPrime
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've really wanted to answer the emoness above, and I shall. I feel the other people in this thread have answered the other questions for me, for this I thank you all, as I have not had the time or really the best answers in my opinion. However, I think that the answers provided by the other people here are spot-on!
How would I make something so close to the original if I did not use the original image as a basis for my work? Wink

Rattuskid
Sergeant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Who the ztype cares anyway? The only things that look more like ass than the release versions of the buildings are the funky-for-the-sake-of-funky prerelease ones.

Through on some asset elitism drama from all sides and bake for what? 7 years?

Ding! The lovingly re-rendered Soviet Batsignal is complete!

BrianPrime
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rattuskid wrote:
Who the ztype cares anyway? The only things that look more like ass than the release versions of the buildings are the funky-for-the-sake-of-funky prerelease ones.

Through on some asset elitism drama from all sides and bake for what? 7 years?

Ding! The lovingly re-rendered Soviet Batsignal is complete!

I didn't know men could experience PMS... Confused

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
HA! this is crap and is nothing more then stealing! Its just as if i took a screen shot from War craft 2, And cut every thing else, and turned every thing into shps. Oh how cool would it be!!! WOoT! WoOt! I stole!!! I think I'm so cool!

The act of modifying things and, therefore, modding things is to change something that exists. When you edit a rules.ini file, you are using an asset originally made by Westwood Studios. I've never heard of someone who made the rules.ini totally from scratch... and no, TibEd and SE2k don't count, since they also copy the contents from a rules.ini from Westwood, even if they re-order somethings and twist others.

If he used a resource that a modder did and he didn't credited the modder, then he would really be stealing.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BrianPrime wrote:
Yuri o07 wrote:

I'm gonna quote this again... As it seems no one saw it... (Banshee Rolling Eyes )

That right there if you ask me is taking 100% credit...

Also it seems people like to delete my post... I love that!! Good stuff i tell ya!

Anyways to un-delete my post...

No men don't go through PMS. Its a physical impossibility! What happens is men get pissed off when we get annoyed. And alot of us are annoyed that you are still around. You said you left and you said you quite moding. So your a lire on top of being an ass hole to every one! I could site down and list alot of reasons why you should be banned but i don't feel its worth my time. As it looks as if Banshee's sticking up for some one who calls Xeno a tumor because he has cancer... And you were proud of it! And telling some one they should kill them self because they had some problem with them-self that they had no control over and cant do anything about it.

PRIME! You sure are an ass hole! You run around having mod's/admins trying hide everything bad about you. But you know what! You need to be known about! How you have been given as many chances as you have I have no idea.

Note* I have saved this to a txt document for future un-deleting... Rolling Eyes

tds101
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

maybe he is saying he made it a 100% from scratch and made it using the original design

though it dose look to close in detail to be a 100% remake
so i do believe that there was some copy work going on

if you want to prove your work as 100% mabe you should show some work of unfinished products to get to where you are now

at least that way no one can say that you did not do the work on the finished product

Last edited by tds101 on Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jeez-not_agaian.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  65.62 KB
 Viewed:  19863 Time(s)

Jeez-not_agaian.jpg

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All this over a few words, GROW UP #Mad

Weather he made it from 100% scratch or copied a few textures who cares, its a good shp and worthy of using in mods. God it doesnt matter either way, its not like he needs to pay royalties to WW for using their concept Confused .

MadHQ find something better to do then flame a topic, or make it yourself if you really are that concerned that it's 'not credited properly'.

Quote:
The act of modifying things and, therefore, modding things is to change something that exists. When you edit a rules.ini file, you are using an asset originally made by Westwood Studios. I've never heard of someone who made the rules.ini totally from scratch... and no, TibEd and SE2k don't count, since they also copy the contents from a rules.ini from Westwood, even if they re-order somethings and twist others.

If he used a resource that a modder did and he didn't credited the modder, then he would really be stealing.

Perfectly said, no-one credits WW for the rules file they edited to make their mod because no-one cares Rolling Eyes

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any more flames and this will be locked.

NiGhtPiSH
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Didn't read the other comments, but this is the thing that's what I call "Freakin' great!"

And what i saw for the Cut n' Paste... Guys chill there must be some in, cause you know it's the same building, just with the bettetr style Wink And you can't make something dramtically dfifferent, because it won't just fit in.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@MadHQ
I have not see u make something better, make this building better. Without copy texture or something.

Where have he say he make it from start without nothing concept or so?
I see no place he have write it.

MadHQ please grow up, then I mean all.

This is a place for post finish SHP's this is finish.
Thanks or Prime for do something for the community!.
The modding community are dieing and we bit*h about if he make it from start or copy something.
Omg. This do people LEAVE. And some people even want to sart modding will leave because they think:
I copy from that building omg they will click and the tread will get flame and so on.

MadHQ everything Prime do you bitch about it.
You are not better then he, there are both great.
You are not the best in the world!!. Not even Prime are the best.
He really do something for the community have you? Don't see so much from you.. Stop bitching and make more for a public mod, and so on.
Stop bitching about a thing are copy from something. !!.
He use the same color then me omg stealer!.
Grow up.

Anyways Prime, I like this SHP.
Is well done, and the building up are kickass.
Snow are well place on the building to.
I give it 9/10.
The iron ball are a bit bugged on the color when is active.

Well done and I hope you will release more in the future.

BrianPrime
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anderwin wrote:
@MadHQ
I have not see u make something better, make this building better. Without copy texture or something.

Where have he say he make it from start without nothing concept or so?
I see no place he have write it.

MadHQ please grow up, then I mean all.

This is a place for post finish SHP's this is finish.
Thanks or Prime for do something for the community!.
The modding community are dieing and we bit*h about if he make it from start or copy something.
Omg. This do people LEAVE. And some people even want to sart modding will leave because they think:
I copy from that building omg they will click and the tread will get flame and so on.

MadHQ everything Prime do you bitch about it.
You are not better then he, there are both great.
You are not the best in the world!!. Not even Prime are the best.
He really do something for the community have you? Don't see so much from you.. Stop bitching and make more for a public mod, and so on.
Stop bitching about a thing are copy from something. !!.
He use the same color then me omg stealer!.
Grow up.

Anyways Prime, I like this SHP.
Is well done, and the building up are kickass.
Snow are well place on the building to.
I give it 9/10.
The iron ball are a bit bugged on the color when is active.

Well done and I hope you will release more in the future.

Well that sums up everything pretty perfectly. Thanks dude. Smile

About the Iron Ball: to make it look nicer I would have had to make a new palette for it. Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [30 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!