Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:18 pm
All times are UTC + 0
[TD] Deluxe Cameo Pack
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [43 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject:  [TD] Deluxe Cameo Pack Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Most of the icons in this pack are for units and structures that are normally unbuildable. The other icons are made from various C&C renders and are, well, just generally better looking than the normal ones.

The construction Yard icon is taken from the C&C95 PDF manual. Since it was in greyscale there, I recoloured it.
The repair bay icon is made after the render in the original DOS manual, where there is a Nod logo on it.
The dinosaur icons are taken from Sole Survivor
The Visceroid icon is also taken from Sole Survivor, but edited by me to correct the spelling mistake in the text. The SS original says "Viceroid" instead of "visceroid".
The Technology Center icon is based on a video in RA where it's used as prison.

I wish I could get some decent renders of the Hospital and the Bio-research Lab... Sad

icons.gif
 Description:
-The first row shows icons for unbuildable units & structures,
-The second row are the 'wildlife' units
-The third and fourth row are the remakes
-The repair bay and helipad icon are kinda Nod-specific remakes, and might not be usable
 Filesize:  42.66 KB
 Viewed:  28158 Time(s)

icons.gif

goldicons.rar
 Description:
C&C Gold icons pack

Download
 Filename:  goldicons.rar
 Filesize:  241 KB
 Downloaded:  1722 Time(s)

Last edited by Nyerguds on Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very, very nice job there, Dude... I'm going to use these. Smile

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I especially like the ion cannon icon. I can't imagine why they ever put in that crappy icon with the beam drawn on when they had this render...

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Love the new Orca.

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That Ion Cannon cameo has been created so many times in exactly the same dimensions. Oh well, the more, the merrier. Smile

Deluxe pack indeed, Nyer. Great job. Mind if ES hosts these?

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

um, what's ES?

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gosho is an admin of freedom studios, I think that's what he meant :S

These are very good Nyerguds.
I could swear I've seen that gunboat cameo before..

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

C&C95 has a gunboat cameo. This one is simply better.

Note that I didn't make a hovercraft icon - C&C95 already has that too. But the hover icon looks nice. On the gunboat one the boat itself is too small, with a quarter of the image taken up by a stupid rock.

And now, before anyone notes that the Mobile HQ icon is the same as the RA radar Jammer icon, you're WRONG. First of all, the actual render used for the RA radar jammer was a render of the MHQ in C&C1. And the RA icon is a mirrored version of that render, while this is the original.
Here's the proof #Tongue
http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cncimg/img_archive/veh6.html (scroll down)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE2L-qfEhH4

Oh, and pretty much all renders I used are up in my C&C images gallery

Last edited by Nyerguds on Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:35 am; edited 3 times in total

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ES being the Editing Source. And yes, I know it's dead atm, but soon it'll get revived. So, can I upload them please?

I never knew the MHQ and the Radar Jammer were the same thing. Cool, yet still lazy WW.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I prefer finishing the pack before getting it hosted on other places. And that means including a decent hospital and chemical lab icon.

I got this icon for the biolab, which is just a resize of the DOS C&C one in Nod colours, but it's kinda blurry... :-\

Last edited by Nyerguds on Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:10 pm; edited 2 times in total

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, it doesn't have the same quality that the others have. I really like the others though, really nice work Smile

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

problem is, there simply AREN'T any renders of those buildings... except maybe in EA's private dungeon. You know, the one where they put all resources of companies they enslaved #Tongue

Disruptor
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those are some awsome cameos. Great work! Smile

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh, btw... kinda evolution overview of my CY icon:

Do note that I only found the Renegade version AFTER I made mine. IMO the colours in mine are loads better. They're based on the FMV #Tongue

Last edited by Nyerguds on Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
problem is, there simply AREN'T any renders of those buildings

Get somebody with talent to model the building and create a render for you. ie. Gangster and/or Holy Master.

Ari could do it, but we're not into remakes. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, I now made a real fixed version of the ion cannon icon:

It will be included in my upcoming C&C95 1.06 patch Wink

Last edited by Nyerguds on Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I never knew that of the Ion Cannon cameo. Interesting. I think TS uses the same cameo (slightly edited) too?

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah... I immediately had the impression it looked more like the TS one after I fixed it.

MrFlibble
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think your new Ion Cannon icon has a bit weird perspective (coming from rotating the original image, as it seems). Any idea how to fix that?

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

all these cameos are great Nyer except for the flamethrower one

its really quite hard to make out

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Perspective? It's in fricking space, and there's no background!

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Put Earth in the background maybe ?

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and fire the ion-canon on the moon?

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

MrFlibble
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
Perspective? It's in fricking space, and there's no background!

Look at the solar panels of the cannon. Their shape seems somewhat weird for sure.

EDIT: Not the solar panels alone, but in tandem with the cylinder thing. It looks somehow odd to me, can't explain better Confused

Perhaps you'd use one of the shots from the FMVs? There are quite a few nice takes there Smile

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, you have to understand the satellite is not viewed from below, but slightly from above. Also note that there's no symmetrical relation between the satellite and the solar panels, since they rotate.

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just follow the basic formatting, darkening and text placement rules used in the other icons. Personally, I don't see how so many people get that stuff wrong.

Do note, the dinosaur and visceroid icons are just taken from Sole Survivor. I didn't change anything on them except fixing the visceroid's name.
(might've changed the Stegosaurus one too, but I'm not sure. I know the unit was misspelled as "stegasaurus" in C&C1)

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

since this topic is back alive, i think the technology center cameo should read "Tech. Center". It's shorter and fits better into the small cameo space.
An alternative reading "Prison" might be useful too.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Confused first post->bottom right cameo

Public SHPs

Tools

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not to mention, I already put that in my 1.06 patch, so it's not even really necessary to add it in this collection anymore.

Also, I got that in higher resolution #Tongue

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice bump... was searching for this topic earlier today, couldn't find it on my own, thanks. Very Happy

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ridiculous 3-year bump: I finally made work of that bio-lab icon, by doing a 2x upscale of the bio lab sprite using pixel art upscaling algorithms, and then touching it up a little at the edges.

The result:
first attempt vs new version:

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice
But wasn't there a bigger WW render of the entire building available, which you could have used?

Public SHPs

Tools

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It might be better to replace the grey background with grass or something so that it'll fit in better with the cameos of other structures.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought the same.

safa.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  4.97 KB
 Viewed:  11707 Time(s)

safa.png

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ew i see weird pixels
Here have this  Very Happy

bio.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  19.23 KB
 Viewed:  11698 Time(s)

bio.png

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice cameo tomson, it looks like an HD DOS cameo.

Abit offtopic, but has anyone ever made the Nod repair bay (one with NOD logo in the middle)?

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How did you even do that? The nuclear logo seems totally redone xD

Last edited by Nyerguds on Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:17 pm; edited 2 times in total

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh wow I never knew the Repair Bay was meant to open from the middle. Maybe it was originally intended to be something else, like a missile silo? That would explain the warning stripes. Also, interestingly, it had some kind of target symbol in the middle in this beta screenshot.

I can't stop wondering how you find this stuff, Toms #Tongue

Last edited by Crimsonum on Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:20 pm; edited 5 times in total

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Final version, based on tomsons image, and converted to theaters (temperate left, desert right)

bioicnh_showcase.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  8.05 KB
 Viewed:  11506 Time(s)

bioicnh_showcase.png

bioicnh.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  bioicnh.rar
 Filesize:  7.17 KB
 Downloaded:  27 Time(s)

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Also, interestingly, it had some kind of target symbol in the middle in this beta screenshot.

I can't stop wondering how you find this stuff, Toms #Tongue

Hallfiry found that one, not Tomsons. I think Toms just copied it from my site Razz

I had that one as jpeg for quite a while before Hallfiry got me an uncompressed image, from a magazine showcase CD. Sadly it was pasted on one pic with three other 320x200 images, and then stretched to 640x480. Took me a while to resize it exactly back to its original pixely goodness.

As for it opening in the middle, that pic is just from the Strategy Guide. Not too hard to find on ebay these days.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [43 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!