Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:20 pm
All times are UTC + 0
My Research on C&C3...
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject:  My Research on C&C3... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is my research on Command & Conquer 3. I thought I would look into the command line arguments after I found -Win in the executable. So, I made a big list of what I found and I think I managed to grab all of them, it took a bloody long time but I got them.

I also looked into the SkuDef file flags and found a few that were not in the demo SkuDef, I do not remember if Generals or BfME used these files and flags. I also found, I think, the way the game loads SkuDef files, what could be used for mods.

Note 1: ZLib Compression is mentioned in the Executable, DemoGame.dat. could it be one of the compressions for the files?

---------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------- SkuDef File -------------------------

Note 1: According to some text in the EXE, SkuDef files cannot be bigger than 1024 characters.
Note 2: The SkuDef Needs "add-search-path " or "set-search-path " With "big:" Or It Gives A Error.
Note 3: SkuDef Allow Comments Using ";".

Flags

"set-exe " -- Only used by CNC3Demo.exe, The launcher. To set what file to load #Tongue.
"add-big "
"add-bigs " -- The way i thought this would work was "add-bigs Mod01.big Mod02.big", but it does not, works like "Add-Big".
"add-bigs-recurse " -- Seems to work the same as "add-big ".
"set-search-path " -- Seems the same as "add-search-path ". In my testing this needs to be " big:", game gives a error otherwise.
"add-search-path " -- In my testing this needs to be " big:", the game gives a error otherwise.
"add-config " -- No idea, added it with no setting and it had no effect, Maybe it’s a SkuDef expansion flag?

SkuDef Information

I can not garante if this is correct, this is what i have came across.

.SkuDef
_*.SkuDef

CNC3Demo.exe looks for the above 3 strings, could it be possible that we could have multipule SkuDef files?

------------------- Command Line Arguments -------------------

CNC3Demo.exe

These command line arguments only apply to the CNC3Demo.exe file.

"-replayGame " -- Causes game to crash
"-runver " -- No effect in my testing
"-patchBase " -- Creates a error
"-ui " -- Runs a Launcher, possibly what the DVD Autorun will look like?
"-getPatch " -- Trys to download the latest patch from the EA servers.

GameData.dat / GameData.exe

These command line arguments only apply to the GameData.dat / GameData.exe files.

"-automatch" -- No effect in my testing
"-ypos"
"-xpos"
"-fullscreen"
"-win" -- Works for sure if you are wondering, I use it #Tongue  --
"-DX" -- Direct X disabler / forcer maybe?, Though the game needs DirX #Tongue, No effect in my testing

"-startPaused" -- Starts the game with a dialog that has the text "waiting..." in it, possibly used so the game does not load in the background.
"-dbgcmd:" -- possibly stands for "Debug Command", causes the game to crash. "Debug" is found near this, but has no effect on it.

"-randomSeed" -- No effect in my testing
"-noPerfStats" -- No effect in my testing

"-silentLogin" -- First look! Looks like it makes the game auto login into a internet account. cool!  --  
"-spectator" -- Awsome Mode! lets you watch your last battle replay or saved replay battle and scroll around the whole map! drawing all over the place! also you can see what the AI was doing #Tongue  --
"-replayGame" -- Causes game to crash
"-resumeGame" -- Causes Main Menu to turn black, music plays but no buttons work or appear :S
"-CapturePath" -- Makes all screenshots with F12 appear in the folder specified. Usage e.g. "-CapturePath C:\[ImageName]", so say you put "-CapturePath C:\My ScreenShots\C&C3\MyModScreenshot", the game would pump out screenshots to "C:\My ScreenShots\C&C3\" with the names MyModScreenshot001.bmp, MyModScreenshot002.bmp etc.
"-file" -- Causes Main Menu to turn black, music plays but no buttons work or appear :S. I tested this two ways, i tryed to make it load a Big file, "-file C:\Documents and Settings\Skywalker\Desktop\C&C3 Demo\ModData.big" and a CNCCNC3Replay file "-file C:\Documents and Settings\Skywalker\My Documents\Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars Demo\Replays\Last Replay.CNC3Replay". this still made no difference to the game.
"-noWatchdog" -- No effect in my testing
"-Watchdog" -- No effect in my testing
"-preferLocalFiles" -- No effect in my testing
"-fullVersion" -- it does not do what you think it does #Tongue, had no effect on the game from what i could see.
"-scriptDebugLite" -- No effect in my testing
"-scriptDebug2" -- No effect in my testing
"-yres" -- No effect in my testing, i think i am doing something wrong...
"-xres" -- No effect in my testing, i think i am doing something wrong...
"-noBloom" -- No effect in my testing
"-noAudio3DSounds"
"-noAudioSounds"
"-noAudioMusic" -- Works
"-noAudioAmbient"
"-noAudioSpeech" -- No effect in my testing
"-noaudio" -- Works
"-mod" -- Have no clue, tryed "-mod C:\Documents and Settings\Skywalker\Desktop\C&C3 Demo\ModData.big" but it did not work. Was there not a -Mod in Generals or something?
"-noshellmap" -- No effect in my testing
"-config" -- According to the Bansh, this is obsolete, my tests show the same results, it can not be used to load SkuDef files.

"-AlphaNoDepthTest" -- No effect in my testing
"-zerofillmemory" -- No effect in my testing

Not Sure

These Arguments have spaces before the "-".

" -bigmemorysentinals"
" -poolbigblocks"

" -debugCRCUntilFrame %d"
" -debugCRCFromFrame %d"
" -binaryDeepCRC"
" -liteCRC"
" -deepCRC"
" -verifyClientCRC"
" -xLWCRC"
" -xAICRC"
" -xPlayerCRC"
" -xTerrainLogicCRC"
" -xTaintCRC"
" -xShroudCRC"
" -xCollisionCRC"
" -xPartitionCRC"
" -xObjectCRC"
" -startingMoney %d"
" -fastGamePlay" -- No effect in my testing
" -noMusic"
" -noAudio"

Thats All For Now...

TSHyper Over And Out!

Last edited by CCHyper on Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe the -mod command asks for a SkuDef as parameter... have you tried that?

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no, i have not. ill give it a try later, cheers

kmx
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice, I've done pretty much same research and -config works flawlessly.

DemoGame.dat.exe -config CNC3_english_1.0.SkuDef

CNC3Demo.exe does the same using CreateProcessW()

When you use -config with CNC3Demo.exe then its passing this param along with the hardcoded one:

CNC3Demo.exe -config mycoolmod.skudef -> CreateProcessW(DemoGame.dat, "-config CNC3_english_1.0.SkuDef -config mycoolmod.skudef",.....)

As you can see in that case -config is passed 2 times, and second one is ignored, hence it takes no effect.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm, i must have done something wrong... thanks for your input. do you have MSN? PM me with the address Very Happy

DeeZire
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know some of these Smile

-scriptDebug2 and -scriptDebugLite require additional DLL's in the game directory to function. They each provide debug utilities for internal LUA and map scripting respectively. You need the debugwindow2.dll and debugwindowlite.dll files for them to work (sure one of them shipped with BFME).

-mod worked in BFME, your BIG file should be in the user files folder thats in the Application Data, e.g. -mod mymod.big

-preferLocalFiles forces the game to revert to reading and using INI and other configuration files directly from the game directory only, and NOT use those contained in the BIG files or other archives. Its an override, and was used by modders in ZH and BFME to make sure their mods used a custom GameData.INI file as the game would only ever use the stock one from the BIG archives.

-noshellmap is obsolete - C&C3 does not use a shell map (i.e. like Generals/ZH/BFME/BFMEII that used a map in the background of the main menu). It would switch off the shell map and use a background image instead.

-fullscreen is a default setting and, stragely enough, plays the game in full screen mode!

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks for you input Very Happy

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a new one.
- spectator
This one launches the game in "spectator client" mode. Good news is it works in the demo too.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New one? Look at TSHyper post above.

Quote:
"-spectator" -- Awsome Mode! lets you watch your last battle replay or saved replay battle and scroll around the whole map! drawing all over the place! also you can see what the AI was doing #Tongue -- http://ts-recoil.ppmsite.com/C&C3/Research/Spectator.png

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

#Tongue i am realy shocked that no one did something like before me! me, who is mostly inactive...

when i get time i will update the list, i have not had time to test DeeZires and KMX's notes...

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh...didn't see it, sorry. :p

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum