Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:29 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Carrier [RA2]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [50 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Arikado
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject:  Carrier [RA2]
Subject description: NiGhtPiSH approved. Results may vary.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From concept to polygons

to a finished voxel.

Carrier.rar
 Description:
Includes voxel, hva and cameo.
The prioritisation error is unsolved!.. for now.

Download
 Filename:  Carrier.rar
 Filesize:  46.42 KB
 Downloaded:  2159 Time(s)

Last edited by Arikado on Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total

SaneDisruption
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i love it, this should be spotlighted immediately

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

maybe the prioritization problem is just an engine flaw so you won't be able to do anything about it.

btw did you not use any supersampling at all?

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He did use super sampling. The prioritization problem is due to section order. Unfortunately, 3ds2vxl doesn't allow customization and VXLSE3 fails when importing sections from files.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
tds101
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

awsome totally awsome keep up the good work

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nooo! Don't twist the knife on the wound anymore urgh! X_X

just kidding, it's awesome!

Gaffel
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice, this should go into omegabolts mod

bonzy_buddy
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, it's ace !

Robopope99
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The remap could be a bit darker.

Elite_Pirate
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I say Spotlight!

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just...wow...this is definately badass, and...

I'm at a loss for words, other than...

Spotlight. Naow.

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Harv
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i agree, spotlight

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Friggen' Beautiful.

Spotlight worthy, by far. Wink

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One of the best flying objects I have ever seen! SPOTLIGHT! 10/10

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I so just creamed myself...

it went everywhere and in a strange pattern that says "spotlight, please"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This voxel needs spotlight ASAP.
Epic win like this mustn't dwell in the Main Voxels forum anymore.

It looks great, but it is too bad you got that prioritization issue.
10/10 either way.

NiGhtPiSH
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Better than my girlfriend! I love it!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

awaiting spotlight... MULDRAKE!!!

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

You should not even joke about something like that... Unless of course your girlfriend is a few pixels on a screen. Laughing

But yes, Spotlight this thing, immediatly...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

Laughing Poor girlfriend #Tongue

Anyway, voxel spotlighted. It definitelly deserve it. It'll probably be a candidate for voxel of the year 2007.

Arikado
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whoa-- thanks. That was fast. And my first voxel too. Very Happy

...maybe I should make some more?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well i think you should, Arikado... You definatly have talent and good talents should NEVER go to waste. Wink

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NiGhtPiSH approved eh? #Tongue

Yes Arikado, I do believe you should make more. If this was your first voxel, I can not dream how good you'll get later on.

There is some nice RA2 Soviet robotic concept you might find interesting to work on next. Any unit would be cool.

-tr8er8-
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Surprised

Voxel of the year 2007!

Really good voxel Wink

Harv
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

YES make more, many more , and for TS at that:P

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Ignore above poster at all costs #Tongue
Plz do moar RA2.

For a first, this is beyond epic win. More is needed.

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ B-raydon
If you want to use RA2 voxewls in TS, with propper size, go to voxelbounds of the voxel in VSE III, devide each value with something like 1.2 or like that. It can also be used to skale up a tank, but then say godbay to detail Rolling Eyes

Arikado
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll make a nice tank-killing mech just for you, EVA. Laughing

I've been through raminator's temporary concept archive and saved nearly everything RA2/YR related. I haven't decided which unit to do next. Perhaps I'll create one by request...?

Not right now, though, as I'm slowly getting back into TAKTICS.

Owen the Elf Jedi
Rocket Cyborg

Location: A ship going to the Ark so I can blow the crap out of the Covenant, WA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for bumbing, but if you are serious about a request I think that thing with cannons and gattlings on the treads would be awesome.

secret from revora

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Arikado
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Owen the Elf Jedi wrote:
Sorry for bumping, but if you are serious about a request I think that thing with cannons and gattlings on the treads would be awesome.

Sorry for not replying. Sad
Gimme the unit's name as most of the ground vehicles there have cannons and/or gatling guns and we'll see. Very Happy

Super Mystery Guest From Revora wrote:
Arikado r u romanian?

I r not.

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You want more to do?

This one. The Hammerhead Artillery. The most destructive Soviet artillery piece ever. If you do this, I will name my child Arikado. He will be picked on in school. I will laugh.

Arikado
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn, that thing is fugly-- a grotesque MCV with a tumor. And a cannon.
I'll have to shrink it in terms of scale just to fit the WarFac....
Quote:
If you do this, I will name my child Arikado. He will be picked on in school. I will laugh.

Oh, well in that case I have no choice. #Tongue

Owen the Elf Jedi
Rocket Cyborg

Location: A ship going to the Ark so I can blow the crap out of the Covenant, WA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Arikado wrote:
Owen the Elf Jedi wrote:
Sorry for bumping, but if you are serious about a request I think that thing with cannons and gattlings on the treads would be awesome.

Sorry for not replying. Sad
Gimme the unit's name as most of the ground vehicles there have cannons and/or gatling guns and we'll see. Very Happy

Sorry, I guess the name could help... The anti-personel tank (mispelled personal) on the first page of the RA2 concept folder.

TX1138
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is the one I made not good enough then? Confused

Owen the Elf Jedi
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You made one? I haven't seen it... I'll go look for it.

Edit:
Okay, I couldn't find it. I searched the voxel page for topics you posted in, and I couldn't find it. If you had a link to it, I'd appreciate it if you posted it.

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Owen the Elf Jedi wrote:
The anti-personel tank (mispelled personal)

"Personnel" is not "personal" misspelled. Rolling Eyes "Personel" missing an N is misspelled. You are double wrong!

"Anti-personal tank" doesn't make any sense. It means anti-self tank. Confused

Hopefully you learned something here.

Owen the Elf Jedi
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IcySon55 wrote:
Owen the Elf Jedi wrote:
The anti-personel tank (mispelled personal)

"Personnel" is not "personal" misspelled. Rolling Eyes "Personel" missing an N is misspelled. You are double wrong!

"Anti-personal tank" doesn't make any sense. It means anti-self tank. Confused

Hopefully you learned something here.

You're right, I misspelled as well. Sorry.

And I know 'anti-personal tank' doesn't make sense. But 'Anti-personnel' does, and I was noting that Raminator mispelled it, such that with that spelling it doesn't make sense. I was only single wrong. #Tongue Laughing I was wrong, but only once. Sorry for that.

BTW, The Misspelling of 'Misspell' itself is a typo.

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hahahahahaha.

He should really fix that name.

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd have to say I'd like to see a good version of the Hammer and Sickle unit complete with animated turret banging the ground.

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cant believe someone actually Made this thing, You did excellent work Arikado. 9/10 I would say 10/10 if it was somewhat longer.

BrianPrime
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy crap! How did I not see this? Times like this are when I was making a more creative mod, I could play around with awesome stuff like this. Laughing

Agreeing with the person... 2 posts above? I'd love to see a Hammer/Sickle unit done that's better than the one out there. It doesn't have the animation, and generally doesn't look anywhere near as good as it could.

Just one question, how long did this take to make? It's quite quality.

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

•Tony• wrote:
10/10 if it was somewhat longer.

He explained the reason for the shortness already. Longer = Does not fit in War Factory door.

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know this, but it would still be nicer if longer..and on that note..someone should make longer war factories for soviets, allies, and even yr.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought Havoc was Romanian. (he also lives in Canada)

And, I belive secret thinks Arikado is from Romania, because of "Location: Outskirts of Wallachia". There is a part of Romania, known as Vlachia (or something).

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh yeah, Havoc moved over to Canada, silly me! >_<

That makes two of us, I guess. And yeah, there's a Romanian Province called Wallachia (Vlachia in Romanian and Russian).

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And Bulgarian :p

So, Arikado, are you really in Wallachia?

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [50 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!