Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:17 pm
All times are UTC + 0
F-14 Tomcat [RA2]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [34 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Stingerr
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject:  F-14 Tomcat [RA2]
Subject description: Retirement Pack ;)
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well this plane took me a while to make, but I think the effort was worth it in the end. I made two versions, one with the wings on normal position, and one with the wings folded back (cruising mode). The screenshots i took ingame were made at a high resolution, so they might seem blurry to some of you. I would say, have fun Cool. To make them fly like on the screenshots, add the Mig-code "FlyBy=True" (only works for Yuri's Revenge)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jU0YJe0fJo <-- Inspiration video

tomcatwf_000.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  245.65 KB
 Viewed:  22129 Time(s)

tomcatwf_000.gif

tomcat_001.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  260.58 KB

tomcat_001.gif

tomcat2.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  54.1 KB

tomcat2.PNG

tomcat1.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  139.29 KB

tomcat1.PNG

F-14 Tomcat.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  F-14 Tomcat.zip
 Filesize:  82.62 KB
 Downloaded:  1761 Time(s)

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hate how the F-14 is being retired. You do not retire a jet that has virtually no superiors.

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn that's nice.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, it's nice, but also huge!

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yuri07 wrote:
Yes, it's nice, but also huge!

So true..

ORCACommander wrote:
I hate how the F-14 is being retired. You do not retire a jet that has virtually no superiors.

Yep. I don't think we any other fighters capable of carrying 6 Phoenix's, track multiple targets from long range, and fire said missiles at targets. Confused

"Banned" RP here

Stingerr
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well yes it's big #Tongue, 2 seat fighters are not exactly small. Sure it pwns the harrier (or should I say "Intruder"), but that plane is way out of proportion anyway. About time The airfield gets a facelift and so does the harrier. An F-14 doesnt belong on a pad anyway, so I suggest you use it as a countermeasure for boris' laserweapon.

Lee
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You pwn at voxelling #Tongue Great work Smile

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow this definately deserves a spotlight, the model itself is truly excellent, well done I love it, being a big fan of all types of military aircraft.

Also it is a shame the F-14 got retired, I think the F-35 will replace it, I am not sure whether the F-35 has SOME VTOL capabilities.

Stingerr
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In Battlefield 2 the F-35 has VTOL capabilities.. but that's only a game Razz

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The F-35 Joint Strike Fighter does have VTO&L Capabilities. In fact, those capabilities greatly outperform that of the Harrier.

Stinger, this does the Tomcat proud. Great job, mate!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Team SomeGuy
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn just Damn!

Spotlight this FFS!

Rattuskid
Sergeant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stingerr, THAT is just pure quality. I would recommend a spotlight and a medal.

-tr8er8-
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stingerr wrote:
In Battlefield 2 the F-35 has VTOL capabilities.. but that's only a game Razz

LOL! All I pretty much do now is play BF 2 Laughing

Very nice voxel, way better than what EA makes Confused

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That is one beautiful voxel. I really love it Very Happy

Quote:

While the F-14 was an awesome aircraft it's high maintenance costs eventually doomed it. As much as I loved that aircraft it's time had come.
The hornet costs much less to maintain.

http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/planes/q0132.shtml

While Tomcat could carry Phoenix missiles and take off with six of them it couldn't land with six of them because they were too heavy. You can also find info on the Phoenix missiles maintenance issues here:

http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/weapons/q0124.shtml

I think this also contributed to its demise. I found this in a 1994 general accounting report:

Upgraded F-14s generally have greater range than the F/A-18C and
could possibly reach targets beyond the Hornet's range. However,
this capability may not be needed with the Navy's shift to a littoral
warfare strategy. In the Navy's revised strategy, "From The Sea,"
dated September 1992, it announced a need to concentrate on
capabilities required to operate near the world's coastlines. The
Navy recognized that this direction represented a fundamental shift
away from open-ocean war fighting and toward joint service operations
conducted from the sea. In defining this change of emphasis, the
Secretary of the Navy said 85 percent of the Navy's potential targets
are within 200 miles of the coast. This is within the F/A-18C's
range. If greater range is needed, the Navy's Tomahawk cruise
missile can attack targets up to a range of about 700 miles, and Air
Force bombers have even greater range. Both supplement and
complement carrier aviation in striking deep within enemy territory.

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this voxel is 60% accurate and 150% beautiful.

60% because Stingerr didn't put the 20mm cannon and the ailerons, flaps and whatnot aren't rendered, the landing gears don't deploy when landing either Very Happy Laughing

JUST KIDDING!!! it's absolutely terrific, 100% accurate, and its quality is beyond contestation. If we don't spotlight this voxel, we'd be committing an atrocious crime against humanity! Smile

The F14 used to be my favorite fighter but its too bulky and large... it's getting retired because there have been better fighters developed I think. but no matter... it's still one of my favorite fighters.

:EDIT: #Tongue

Last edited by IVI on Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total

-tr8er8-
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IVI AFV-factory wrote:
this voxel is 60% accurate and 150% beautiful.

60% because Stingerr didn't put any pylons and missiles, the 20mm cannon's missing and the ailerons, flaps and whatnot aren't rendered, the landing gears don't deploy when landing either Very Happy Laughing

JUST KIDDING!!! it's absolutely terrific, 100% accurate, and its quality is beyond contestation. If we don't spotlight this voxel, we'd be committing an atrocious crime against humanity! Smile

The F14 used to be my favorite fighter but its too bulky and large... it's getting retired because there have been better fighters developed I think. but no matter... it's still one of my favorite fighters.

Actually there is missiles, if you actually looked at it and downloaded it, you could see them:

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

also airlorons don't render well ingame.

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IVI AFV-factory wrote:
JUST KIDDING!!! it's absolutely terrific, 100% accurate, and its quality is beyond contestation.

-tr8ter8- wrote:
Actually there is missiles, if you actually looked at it and downloaded it, you could see them:

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tr8er8 wrote:

well so there is... I did DL the voxel but didn't take a look at it in VV... no need to get too sensitive though.. I did say I was KIDDING. Rolling Eyes

anyway, getting back on topic.. I made some Phoenix missiles to match Stingerr's great voxel.

I dont have RA2 installed right now so I hope it'll match perfectly with Stingerr's fighter

phoenix.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.5 KB
 Viewed:  21928 Time(s)

phoenix.PNG

PHOENIX.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  PHOENIX.zip
 Filesize:  752 Bytes
 Downloaded:  458 Time(s)

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

these will be perfect for RP and ETS.

-tr8er8-
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those are nice, you guys would make great partners Very Happy

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Spotlighted.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just change the projectile image if you want to use them for the F-14...Dont need RP for that shit. Neutral

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the phoenix is an AA AAMRAM Missile with a range of 90 miles. not meant for anti tank duty considering each one costs over a million US dollars.

Universal
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Who gives a damn about such an old carrier plane. Its obsolete and the F-35 Lightning II is less capable than most people describe it to be. Heck American carriers are now more than ever vulnerable to our new cruise missiles the TAURUS-KEPD which have a range of 350km.

@Stingerr:nice job but needs more details and outlining of parts and assembly.

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stop whining a bout size people! If you disslike the size then change the bounds to whatever you prefer. Only works when minimizing though. enlarging, spaces the voxels.

Anyway, the voxel is awsome, I love it!

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Universal wrote:
Who gives a damn about such an old carrier plane. Its obsolete and the F-35 Lightning II is less capable than most people describe it to be. Heck American carriers are now more than ever vulnerable to our new cruise missiles the TAURUS-KEPD which have a range of 350km.

you forget that our carriers never operate alone. Carriers have missile defense systems that include missiles that intercept missiles and chaff arial mortar launchers. They usually have 2-3 Aegis cruisers guarding them. Not to Mention Electronic warfare devices and electronic warfare planes that make EMS reading unreliable and reduce the Missile's accuracy considerably unless guided by GPS. Along with a couple Battleships and 2-3 SSN(DS)'s. Universal I assume your a Russian. Your military has barely any money for basic subsentence and practically none for R&D. I would be highly skeptical of that range figure unless I saw the actual test data.

Universal
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You assume and when you make an assumption you make an ass out of yourself. I am german/russian. You are just following nato propaganda and in fact only recently the russian militaries have begun their rebirth they are spending millions of rubles on rd and in fact have produced even a nice artillery from their rd called the coalition and its two barreled.

Stingerr
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
@Stingerr:nice job but needs more details and outlining of parts and assembly.

I beg your pardon? 0_0

Rattuskid
Sergeant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's a beautiful craft, Stingerr. Although I wonder if the swept-wing and engagement positions would be coded in game to worth (say before/after a missile fires). Doubt it, but worth a shot.

Universal wrote:
they are spending millions of rubles on rd

Yeah, the Russian federation is pulling no stops! After exchange rates, that totals hundreds of dollars or even dozens of poundes!

Yotta, it's funny as hell you describe Russian equipment as 'our' when you not only live in Germany, but claim to be a member of the Wermarhct. Wouldn't that make you a treasonist? Unless you're now a member of both the German and Russian armies now. Rolling Eyes

Get over yourself. Nationalities are no more than the preferrences one's ancestors made on who they decided to take to bed, and I don't think either Germans nor Russians would be happy to have you on their 'team'.

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't want Yotta to be European, let alone Slavic.

Sk8terkid did some cleaning in the topic about the T-62M. Can someone do the same thing here?

Stingerr
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
It's a beautiful craft, Stingerr. Although I wonder if the swept-wing and engagement positions would be coded in game to worth (say before/after a missile fires). Doubt it, but worth a shot.

Well I haven't really made both versions with that intention Smile. I just made two versions so people can choose which one they like to use.

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uni I don't read propaganda. I have technical read outs and combat specifications for the F-14. If anything the have been altered to make it look like it does a poorer job than it actuelly does as the Navy doesn't release full specifications on their assets. Hell 2-3 years ago they scuttled a 50 year old carrier that they couldn't sell for scrap steal and to prevent construction designs from falling into the wrong hands.

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok thats good... dam.......thats really good...too bad i dnt know nothing about that plane.......except that it kills people Very Happy..............Wouldnt the Euro fighter beat it since it can almost out manuver anything.....if i remember properly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [34 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!