Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:35 pm
All times are UTC + 0
I'm back from the summit!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [27 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject:  I'm back from the summit!
Subject description: The conversion to the dark side has been completed, Renegade ;)!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello guys, I'm finally back from LA. I had a whole day of trip, although my day lasted 18 hours due to timezone differences. I have a lot of good info to share with you guys... but let's say it's just too much. So, give me about a month to pack everything and make it clear for everyone.

I'd also like to thanks a lot Muldrake who kept PPM kicking ass for these days, full of news and all those who helped to keep it alive as well. Thanks all of you.

Now, back to the summit. I've met many good people there, I have a lot of pictures, although some of them will have to wait few days to be revealed. I've tried to catch the modding informations of the game, as well, as provide some feedback from you guys on tiberium. From everything I could see from the game, I must say it looks better than what I originally expected, although it has some space for improvements. Unfortunatelly, I can't get into details right now. I'm sure you'll see part of what we've seen in the pre-order package, future magazines/site articles and podcast. But none of these sources will cover modding as we will Wink.

I also had the oportunity to do an interview with the devs, together with Hostile (since we run CnC3.Net), and of course, expect questions about modding aspects of the game and tiberium. At the moment, only EA has the recording.

The summit had some gameplay presentations (which I can't spoil the beans yet), presentation with Richard Taylor about the cutscenes, which are awesome as you guys can(?) see in the pre-order trailer, also a kick ass presentation from Dragon, who created the effects and materials used in the movies, like GDI helmet, Nod's weapons, and a part of the scenarion. His team also brought some materials from their previous movies, including sith phasers, material from Star Trek movies, the mask from The Mask and several other random ones that are from worldwide famous movies. I took pictures with a lot of these things. I couldn't miss that oportunity, seriously.

Both days were very intense. In the end, there were some community presentations as well. It started with C&C Reborn, then John WE's movies (which was the best and most funny presentation we've seen in that night... with the third faction being calculus). Then, there was a presentation from Mod Toaster. After that, Pure Pwnage, followed by Tiberian Sun: Rising. These guys took far too much time presenting the stuff and the sixth person in the list... yes, yours trully,.... was cut. Bah! I couldn't show Return of the Dawn's trailer for them, neither Vietnam: Glory Obscured (for Revora). I was going to do a quick overview on the voxel tools as well, but... too bad for them Wink and for me Sad.

And, there was more. You'll see a lot of coverage of this event on many community sites and here, later.

Last edited by Banshee on Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good to have you back, Banshee.
And I look forward to what you've got to say and show!

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[EVAVoice]Welcome Back Commander, proceed to Level 9 Ops Center for debriefing. Followed by a briefing with the PPM Intelligence Directorate to brief them on EA's activities and advancements and all information you find relevant.[/EVAVoice]

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's an honor to have you back, sir!
*Is shot*
Banshee: Traitor!

Wess
TS Mapping GOD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i have been hearing rumors about a traitor inside the Brotherhood. but seeing your sig i wont take your word for it Alex.

Welcome back Banshee.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And just to continue the joke that I posted to Renegade in the topic description, here's my conversion to the dark side of the force, at EA Wink.

Banshee_ToTheDarkSideOfTheForce.jpg
 Description:
The conversion was successfull. Now we have another EA zealot :P
 Filesize:  52.06 KB
 Viewed:  18631 Time(s)

Banshee_ToTheDarkSideOfTheForce.jpg

Last edited by Banshee on Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:10 am; edited 2 times in total

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want that shirt...

Hostile
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Naw, you want the GDI shirt I got. #Tongue

Red Dragon
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome back. I can't wait to read what you've seen Very Happy

At least the forum isn't overwhelmed with spam Laughing

_->TF:ADW mod player<-_
Red Dragon

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm back from the summit! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
(...) and the sixth person in the list... yes, yours trully,.... was cut. Bah! I couldn't show Return of the Dawn's trailer for them, neither Vietnam: Glory Obscured (for Revora). I was going to do a quick overview on the voxel tools as well, but... too bad for them Wink and for me Sad.

Noooooo kill them all #Mad Crying or Very sad

Oh well, bad luck I guess...
Maybe the Trailer can still be useful, although I don't know how Rolling Eyes

*Reaperrr is somewhat depressed right now*

Renegade
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Never underestimate the power of the Dark Side of EA...

...then again, it's not like they have a bright side. Rolling Eyes

I'll just play it Luke style and hope there is still good inside you, Bansh...

EDIT: btw, might I suggest less compression next time? There are more JPEG artifacts than real pixels in that picture.

banshee_tothedarksideoftheforce_remix.png
 Description:
I'll never join you, Dook-- ...err... Banshee!
 Filesize:  514.56 KB
 Viewed:  18369 Time(s)

banshee_tothedarksideoftheforce_remix.png

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is the trailer freely available to download?
If so, could someone give me the link? Smile

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ROFL @ Renegade

@Pokey: No, it's not. You can only get it by pre-ordering the game or googling it. But links (and leaks) to it here won't be allowed.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay, that was brilliantly done, Renegade.

And maybe you could simply show off the RotD trailer? I'd like to see it.

Blaat85
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cadre wrote:
I want that shirt...

Hostile wrote:
Naw, you want the GDI shirt I got. #Tongue

Either I'd be happy with #Tongue.

Nice photo and good to see you back Banshee Smile. LOL @ the edited photo.

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd love to see the RoTD trailer ^_^

Wess
TS Mapping GOD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice one Renegade Laughing

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yay, Banshee's back! Can't wait the information you brought from the evil base of EA. :p

Heh, I laughed, nice one Renegade Laughing

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want one of those GDI pins and one of those GDI shirts that WW use to advertise. If you got firestorm in its own Jewel Case you know which style of shirt I meen.

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I suspect great news. Welcome back Banshee! Smile

@Renegade: OMG! LMAO!

@Donut Arnold: evil base of EA sounds like a repetition.. EA=Evil Arts Laughing

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Muldrake wrote:

Unless Banshee has some plans for it I don't know of, I could post it tomorrow.

Just keep in mind that a) I never made any video before, so it's a bit amateurishly made, b) was encoded with a quite crappy & lossy encoder, and c) was overall rushed, because I had only 1 day to do it. And d) it is actually just based on 2.5 beta with Chriz' voxels added, since I didn't have access to my own comp (and therefore 2.6 beta) at that time.

Once 2.6 is finished, I'll make a new, better one, which will probably be before christmas Smile

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Score!
I look forward to it ^_^

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Havoc wrote:

@Donut Arnold: evil base of EA sounds like a repetition.. EA=Evil Arts Laughing

or you could say Electronic @$$

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reaperrr wrote:
Muldrake wrote:

Unless Banshee has some plans for it I don't know of, I could post it tomorrow.

Go ahead Smile.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Renegade rofl for a pic #Tongue.. Blame he for fu*k up Banshee #Tongue.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey,did you get any info of how many players can play together online? Generals has 8 i think, and I'm not sure if they're gonna add players. Although ten people in a battle might get really insane.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

8 as usual.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [27 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!