Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:06 am
All times are UTC + 0
The craziest week of my life.
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject:  The craziest week of my life.
Subject description: Sanity levels: negative.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you are wondering what's going on with the news, I'm afraid you'll have a little deception. I've never been so much overloaded in my life. I'm sorting between 10 and 20 random problems in a day and sleeping an avarage of 3 hours per day. It's hard to stop to sit on the chair and use the computer to browse this site anymore. But don't worry... all I can say is that on december 22th, things will get a lot easier for me.... at least, this is what I hope.

Anyway, I'm posting to ask 5 minutes of your life to help me, by answering the following questions:

-> [1]: What do you think of the new juggernaught? Like the design, purpose? What would you suggest to improve it?

-> [2]: What do you think of the tiberium explanation written by the MIT scientists? Is it consistent with the tiberium from the old games? If no, is there a way make it consistent? How?

-> [3]: What would be the best way to make burrowing transports and assault units without destroying the ballance of the game?

-> [4] What is your opinion about the units seen in the latest trailer? Which ones do you like and why? Which ones aren't looking good and why?

The answers for these questions can help the upcoming revolution. Blind faith is all we ask. The operation is secret. There will be no explanation about it and who ask or talk about it will be banned, even if the information is false. Thanks in advance.

ihateharriers
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, let's see if i can help this little revolution out a bit:

1. I do like the design for the new juggernaut, but i think that it should have to deploy to fire because it is an artillery unit with 3 large cannons, and i just can't see an mech with an electronic support system that can handle three large cannons firing in rapid succession when not deployed.

2. The tiberium explanation by MIT is simply BS. Period. it is a fictional substance and it should stay that way and follow the precedent set by the previous two games. as for making it consistent, well, they can't because it's simply too different. if they add pods and make it poisonous, not radioactive, and get rid of the whole climber mass-assimilation thing i would be cool with it.

3. I say follow the example set by TS: burrowing units that either transport and have medium armor or units that attack and have light armor, with some sort of detection system for both sides.

4. I will say that judging from what i have seen in the newest trailer, i am impressed with the design of all of the untis except maybe the mammoth. i think it could look powerful and mammoth-like if they would cover more the tracks and give it a bit of a boxier look, cause curves means something's sexy, not necessarily deadly. as for nod units, i simply don't like that large mech thing because it is not nod style at all and looks plain goofy. get rid of it and replace it with something new Confused

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-> [2]: Tiberium in C&C3 is absolutely not consistent with the old tiberium. It could be made consistent by using the description and workings from the old games. I think we all know that 'Tiberium is evolving' is an excuse. Tiberium should be given actual pods (minor change on the model) and blue tiberium should appear, as well as Purple/Red. It should mutate organic tissue, not turn it into tiberium crystals. Tiberium should simply pick up where Firestorm left. They should adjust the percentages of Red zones and yellow zones according to FS, meaning that much more areas should be considered red zones. This also means that in red zones there should be actual fona, veinholes and more tiberium crystal variations, not just giants blocks of glowing Riparius. I think EA could completely restore their image just by fixing these things.

-> [3]: I have a few suggestions:

1. Subterranean units cannot pass through hard rock formations, they should only be able to dig through soft ground. This could make for subterranean pathways, indicating where said subterranean vehicle would be able to pass through. Making the area beneath players' bases hard will effectively lessen their overall effectiveness in the enemy base. They will still be devastating when popping up near enemy convoys or harvesters returning 'home'. My idea basically means that for every cell, apart from 'Passable= yes/no' there is also a 'SubterraPassable= yes/no' setting, like you can see in the worldbuilder. The pathfinding algorithms shouldn't be affected by this, because it's exactly the same thing.
Besides, as shown in TS's FMVs, the devil's tongue was effective above ground, so you can't say it turned into a 'non-digging devil's tongue, or subterranean transport'. These units could still exist beside their normal counterparts, simply because they are more expensive, have different prerequisites, hold a completely different purpose and have a different techlevel.

2. Superweapons. Perhaps you could 'summon' subterranean units by using some power in the Temple of nod. It's a cheap way of adding it, but it's something...

3. Add them but give them some sort of negative penalty in certain situations, something like not being able to order them around while they are moving underground, explaining it by saying radio contact does not work underground. This also means that the subterranean units cannot stay underground forever and makes them vulnerable while keeping the surprise effect.

I have no comments on 1 and 4 (I can't watch the trailer because my computer is too shitty).

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Let's see...

1. First they added it because fans wanted to have mech units. Then they made an excuse to not to add Titan, but I think there's need to be Titan and other old stuff, because they doesn't disappear suddenly. I think that the new Juggernaut is added to satisfy fans, but they did it wrong. If they had added Titan people would have complained less. The design is not for my mind, it is very disturbing, because it's not an "artillery-unit" anymore and what the heck they're talking about that it's the replacer of Hover MLRS? Nothing can replace Hover MLRS, only itself. Make it deployable, non-hover MLRS replacer and artillery unit, then I would be happy.

2. I think that they tried to make Tiberium real. It's not real, it's just a piece of the imagination of WW people. They just ignored the old tiberium and made a new one. Keep the old one too and then it's ok for me.

3. Did those subterranean units screw up the balance in TS? No, I actualy love them. Sometimes they were powerful, but sometimes they were useless. To make them balanced: 1. Max two or three different subterranean units. 2. Something that can detect them. 3. No über anti-subterranean weapons. 4. No overpowered weapons for them. 5. And maybe some pavement.

4. Infantry looks ok, but all vehicles looks like TD unit remakes. Humvee (is it humvee?) looks like the vehicle in Halo. GDI medium tank? I hate it, it's a TD unit remake too and a Titan replacer. Mammoth tank is ok. Scorpion tank is a Tick Tank replacer and it doesn't have anything new.

Personaly it looks like that GDI has thrown away all high-tech stuff and Nod has improved it's firepower and armors... I'm done.

Renegade
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: The craziest week of my life. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
If you are wondering what's going on with the news, I'm afraid you'll have a little deception.

Like, "No, I can't come on friday, I'm a having a deception."?
Wtf? -_^

Banshee wrote:
What do you think of the tiberium explanation written by the MIT scientists? Is it consistent with the tiberium from the old games? If no, is there a way make it consistent? How?

I didn't read the MIT explanation, simply because I knew it'd be inconsistent, so I can't comment on it - however, Dr. Moebius has given detailed explanations of what "we" know about Tiberium. Use that, take into account some of Kane's and Tratos' hints, and that's all Tiberium should be based on. What's the use of having a mysterious mineral if it's not mysterious anymore?
Also, it should have everything it had. If there was blue Tiberium in TS and FS, there is no logical reason for it to be gone in TQFD. Same goes for Tiberium trees as the growing base, mutated trees/flowers, the Tiberium "base" (brown thing around the crystal), Visceroids, its behaviour, and whatever.
Evolution yes. Revolution no.

Banshee wrote:
What would be the best way to make burrowing transports and assault units without destroying the ballance of the game?

1. Make pavement buildable and make buildings automatically put pavement below them, so a player can actually prevent subterranean units from emerging in his base.
  2. Delay the availability of subterranean units for long enough that opposing players have a chance to build said pavement.
  3. Enable players to build something that detects subterranean units.
  4. Make subterranean units either damagable in some way, or make them lose health while underground - the main problem with them -for me, at least- was the possibility to extend a multiplayer game until the end of time, simply by having a subterranean unit as your last tank and not letting it emerge.

Banshee wrote:
What is your opinion about the units seen in the latest trailer? Which ones do you like and why? Which ones aren't looking good and why?

First of all, the game looks like Generals in Red & Gold. I predicted this several times before, and ultimately, I was right. That makes all units automatically look "un-tiberian" by default.

• The GDI Refinery looks like a modern day oil refinery. Given that Refineries already looked like "clean", streamlined structures in TD and TS, that's just bullshit.
  • Wtf are those Nod-Mechs? I know they had the Core Defender at the end of FS, but there's a reason that thing was unique, and it was in no way a "tank" similar to the Titan. Plus, why would GDI discontinue the Titan, if the general concept seems good enough for Nod to adopt it?
  • Why do all GDI tanks have to have their tracks laying bare? For one, they already had them covered before, and for two, Nod has ztyping lasers. It's not ztyping smart to allow your enemy to simply melt your gear long before you're in shooting distance.
  • What is it with all the explosions? I'm a man. I have nothing against explosions. But there's no reason the whole ztyping screen has to explode violently everytime a single rifle shot hits.
  • Whytf is the entire fighting area a dead desert, the city has long been abandon, but there are perfectly fine civilian cars parking in it?
  • Why are there no traces of civilians in the city that looks perfectly fine?
  • Why does the GDI MG defense tower look like a barebone Nod Obelisk of Light with an MG on top? (Or, alternatively, some New-Triology-Star Wars Federal Droid Army vehicle.)
  • Why do the apparently Nod aircraft look like Black Eagles?
  • What's with the weird "underwater" type of lightning?
  • Why is everything, including new base buildings, dirty by default, except for the electricity pylons?
  • Why do the Obelisks of Light look like claws coming out the ground instead of traditional obelisks?
  • In fact, I couldn't make out any "scorpion" symbolism in the trailer. Given its prominent display in the last game, that's just fitting for this piece of crap. Go EA. Can you do Warcraft next?

And for the record: This "Tiberian" EA logo looks crappy as well. Horrible wannabe rock texture, and way too much contrast on the bevel. Looks like a TS fansite's logo created by a Photoshop-newbie. Not bad for that standard, but a ztyping multi-billion dollar company should be able to hire a better designer.

Oh, and yes we, the players, do notice the trailer shows the same battles over and over and over again.

Banshee wrote:
The answers for these questions can help the upcoming revolution. Blind faith is all we ask. The operation is secret. There will be no explanation about it and who ask or talk about it will be banned, even if the information is false. Thanks in advance.

Quit the Black Hand routine already.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1) For everyone who didn't bother to check the latest trailer, and the talk about it by the community, the Juggernaut in TW does actually deploy, it has hydrolic supports from the back of the legs fold down to support it.
So, for the juggernaut itself, I have no problems with it. Other than EA said the juggernaut was kept because it never had direct front-line battles, which is where it failed.. erm.. every shot so far has had it in the heat of battle, so slight fault there.
There is nothing wrong with the unit alone, just an additional mech would be loved.
As DonutArnold has said, we'd have preferred a Titan over a Juggernaut in TW.

2) Short of just working on Tiberium from what was established in TD and TS, I don't think there is much they can do. Evolution works.. it evolved from TD to TS, but don't use it as excuse to completely rewrite the logics behind it.
Basically in TD/TS Tiberium:
- Leaches resources which can then easily be gathered. Making the resources useful, not actually the tiberium itself, until TS, when Nod knew how to properly manipulate it.
- Tiberium doesn't convert other things into itself, it basically grows, while leaving everything around it. So the current logic in TW could work for how Tiberium itself, as in the substance is recreated, but its the effects it does which were originally important.
- Tiberium evolved with it a hugely developed ecosystem. Its a terraforming agent. Its creating an alien world, with alien life.

3) If they can't balance it, get it coded ingame so modders can use it, because they sure as heck will want it.
But ideas to actually have them able to use it, I'd go for a lot of what Titan has mentioned, having harder rock, I think thats a good idea.
But for it to work, you need a method of detection, as well as some form of defense against it. If pavement building provides simply too much micromanagement for them to like it, how about some form of shockwave superweapon which disables/slows down underground units. Or as in FS, where the EMP was capable of shorting out the drive system, forcing it to the ground. That worked a treat.
Simply put, it worked beautifully in TS/FS, use that as an example.

4) I thought it was good, although we haven't seen much new stuff in it.
My only hope, is to see some more advanced stuff for both sides. This is the future, with a powerful alien substance. We need more technology. Plasma cannons, hover technology, energy based weapons.
And please.. for Nod.. the Tick Tank. It was such a beautiful concept, and it worked brilliantly.
And I hope GDI uses its beautiful sonic technology a lot more on the battlefield, rather than just as Anti-Tiberium fences.
And Firestorm defense, anyone?
Oh, and.. we need a preview of the Ion Cannon. Another classic CNC thing which I need to see #Tongue

Units liked and why:
I have to say, the Mammoth Tank and Juggernaut are brilliant units. They have done them both really well. People don't like them because of what they have replaced, but ignoring that, the units themselves are good.
Avatar also looks potentially great but need to see it more in action.
For the rest of the units.. nothing much to say, they seem pretty basic.

Oh, and the heat and flame effects are great, with the light diffraction being a brilliant touch!

But just one thing to hilight.. its the gameplay which counts in the end. It needs to play well, not just look good. There needs to be strategies to which you can use to help win, rather than just building and blowing up. After all, it is a real-time STRATEGY game Wink. I want to feel proud at the end for out-smarting the enemy, not for just building up the tanks the fastest. As there is nothing better than pulling off a tricky/risky tactic and it pulling off beautifully. Rather than just a cheap tank-rushed win.

</my2cents>

Derfo
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-> [2]: What do you think of the tiberium explanation written by the MIT scientists? Is it consistent with the tiberium from the old games? If no, is there a way make it consistent? How?

EA sucks... But I think there is a way to make this new Tiberium plausible. We all remember that there is 1.5% composition of a unknown substance. This substance is the new tiberium. Ion Storms afected the tiberium composition increasing the unknown element percentage. The ions storms bolts acelerates the transmutation (into this unknown element).. and some crystals became only of this new element... and this pure tiberium is radioactive and grows even faster than the old one... the scrin was only waiting this tiberium mutation to begin their invasion... I Think something like this is plausible...I dont know what do you think?

And plp just to begin a new discussion... the old tiberium liberates gases of the global warming... so why does the world map looks the same? why isn't all the tropical regions red zone?( Cause we all know that tiberium grows faster in the tropical)

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well actually the due to global warming the tropical regions would become deserts, and Tiberium has trouble growing in deserts not just snow. Basically it struggles with the extremes of the climates on Earth.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1.Pretty much what everyone has said thus far.

2.There was something sacred about tiberium, and the MIT treatment its getting defiles our expectations since. See the cool thing is unexpectedly finding yourself in some tiberium wonderland, beautiful but deadly.
It was witnessing the mystery before your eyes...and gave an empty battlefield,thriving life...sorry little visceriod, your nothing but a crategoodie now... Making it seems we'll be seeing superman rather than the "Scrin" we hoped for.

3.Adding to what has been said, maybe GDI can employ the forgotten limpet mines. Simply subterranean mines that, detect and or destroy tunneling units via siesmic waves..etc Kinda reminds me of an old classic, Tremors. Wink

4.--The trailer itself didn't impress me overall. I would have loved to see something showing the situations of GDI and or Nod, giving a hint of storyline and plot...rather than mere kill feast we seen over and over again. oh and one last thing...wasn't our believed messiah dead [coughcryotubecough]... in FS....how did he come back?

rawlo as guest

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. I think the juggernaught looks fine, but it sucks that it's the only mech that gdi have, they should have removed it completely or kept the mechs.

2. it sounds like someone who only had the faintest idea about tiberium and no clue about it's story made up some scientific bullshit, end of story there really.

3. The idea about the soft ground and the hard ground appeals to me emencely, as for the defences, detection systems, mines (just ordinary mines) and sonic pulse centres, which would all cause havoc to things moving through the ground.

4. I hated the avatar mech from the first time I set eyes on it, I think it should look more like the unexplained noddish looking mech in the really early consept art. bi-peddal with a triangular cockpit. and maybe telescoping arms for ripping stuff of units, also I think it should be able to use any weapon on the battle feild not just nod ones as I've heard is the case.

From what I've seen with the project they should go back to the drawing boards on most of the cosmetic parts of the game, story, tiberium types, unit lists, and consepts, knock the release date back by 3-6 months and base there tech tree directly off the one from FS, making minor changes to the units and buildings, replacing the occasional infantry or unit, not rewriting the sides entirely. I'm not saying that it all be the same, but there should never be anything like the step backwards they took.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1.Remove pod on it side it'll look better.but i still want Titan or Mammoth Mech,[ok i dont want to put it both but i'll happy if they choose any one of this]

2.i have no comment with this.

3.sub transport will applier on ground when it have been detected yes similar stealth tank.

4.they need to adding more 1-2 mech to make epic feel on the battle field.if they dont do this c&c3 will not similar with C+c general because it's full scale tank war same old.

i'm sure if TS remake with same engine i'll look more futuristic and Epic than C&c3 at all.

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-> [1]: What do you think of the new juggernaught? Like the design, purpose? What would you suggest to improve it?

The Von is Pleased with the EA Strategys...

Epic Win. Lets go grow some Tiberium. xD

-> [3]: What would be the best way to make burrowing transports and assault units without destroying the ballance of the game?

Who knows, who cares.

-> [4] What is your opinion about the units seen in the latest trailer? Which ones do you like and why? Which ones aren't looking good and why?

Juggernaught...It just kinda..Stomps on in and says "Bring it on, fools."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My $0.02

1) The Juggernaut looks great, but should be an artillery unit, not a medium range unit like in the clips, although apparantly that was for show, it could me misleading. Also, deploying would be good, although Muldrake says it will deploy.

2) Realistic, yes, also bollocks, yes. Tiberium is a plant that mutates plants and animal matter into other things. I can understand it evolving, but becoming an inanimate type of crystal that turns everything into more crystals, completely and utterly different.

3) I'd say bring back pavement from TS. I think the only reason people are complaining about subterrannean units are because they kept getting their asses whooped by them online. Why change something because it's a popular strategy that happens to annoy a few noobs? Or you could have some structures that automatically pave the area around them, but that would be a bit more stupid.

4) The Avatar is just another example of EA trying to balance and equalise everything. Just because GDI used mechs and Nod didn't is no reason to scrap GDI's mechs, and also is no reason just to give 1 mech to each side. Not everything should be the same. GDI's mechs gave them a uniqueness from Nod, now they all use tanks, which IMO are not as futuristic-like as mechs. Though apparantly now there's a rumour circulating that mechs will return in an expansion. I think that's just EA realising that they made a cock-up and are trying to fix it without pissing off the noobs. In other words, although I'm more of a GDI supporter, Nod looks better, apart from the Avatar, and GDI is crap.

[/$0.02]

Nighthawk
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^ Sorry, that was me, forgot to sign in

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So far, only Renegade has made worthwhile points. Everyone else is too lenient.

Personally, I have no comment as i won't be getting this game. Not even if it was free.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Nighthawk
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the folks at EA should read this:
One of TS's developer's development diary.
It explains what they had to think about while making TS. If EA followed the same concept, then we may have a more C&C-like C&C3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i always compared ts to chess.

Nighthawk
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well at least his idea works better than the classic rock-paper-scissors way that EA have adopted with everything.

Team SomeGuy
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IcySon55 wrote:
Personally, I have no comment as i won't be getting this game. Not even if it was free.

Your not the only one.....

Nighthawk
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll still get the game, but for the moddability. It may not turn out to be a hell of a C&C, but I can at least try and make it one.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: The craziest week of my life. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1) I like the design, but in the trailer I saw it seemed to fire missiles, which would be odd for a unit with cannons...

2) I think it is not consistent enough. To make it more consistent, I would say they would have to return the old style tib, keep both versions and say that tiberium evolution split up in 2 directions.

3) about burrowing transports, I always hated underground units, I would just leave them away, but I guess that's only me. Or, make it so that it is more difficult than in TS to obtain them, limit the number you are allowed to build, something like that.
Assault units, just make them slow as hell and expensive as hell, so that it a) takes a lot of time and money to build them, and b) the enemy has enough time to attack it before it reaches the base.

4) I don't like the Nod Scorpion Tank design, because this strange track-tail just look odd, I don't see how such a unit could ever be able to turn properly. And I don't like this giant red missile nose coming out of the infantry bazookas (already heavily disliked that in Generals). I wish that would look more realistic (in other words, this stupid missile-nose should be removed).

Oh, and btw, imo the missile pods on the mammoth tank are just to small, you hardly notice them. They should make them bigger.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: The craziest week of my life. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
If you are wondering what's going on with the news, I'm afraid you'll have a little deception. I've never been so much overloaded in my life. I'm sorting between 10 and 20 random problems in a day and sleeping an avarage of 3 hours per day. It's hard to stop to sit on the chair and use the computer to browse this site anymore. But don't worry... all I can say is that on december 22th, things will get a lot easier for me.... at least, this is what I hope.

Anyway, I'm posting to ask 5 minutes of your life to help me, by answering the following questions:

1)although... it somehow looks weird... it seem to have low range...

2)Blah! WTF people? We want Revolution - not evolution!

3)Think TS... Too lazy to build concrete - you're owned Smile

4)Although looking good graphicly - I doubt what you can build over 100+ of these without major lag

Last edited by gufu on Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-> [1]: I love the Juggernaut design, it's realistic, awe inspiring, intimidating. Only thing I don't like it the placement of the cockpit, it really makes no sense at all. It's right there out in the open and an easy target for anyone with a rocket launcher. But I really don't see another place to put it, except maybe under the guns...

-> [2]: All I can say is I like it. The inconsistencies are a pain at times, but I doubt they'll ruin the game except for the most anal of hardcore CnC fans...

-> [3]: Don't, their is no way to use subterranean units without over powering GDI. The game play will be raped, and it'll be just as much of a multiplayer disaster as TS was...

-> [4] From what I saw they're all the same units that we've seen before, and from what I can tell I'm going to love each and every one of them. The Brotherhoods infantry looks to be the most promising at the moment, especially since divination is now available for gameplay...

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cadre wrote:
-> [3]: Don't, their is no way to use subterranean units without over powering GDI. The game play will be raped, and it'll be just as much of a multiplayer disaster as TS was...

.. disagreed.

Confused

3: Please, add them. They were one of Nods sneakiest tactics, and it suited them very well. They were like GDI's airpower. It was a very deadly tactic, if pulled off correctly. IE, surface 'em beside a Construction Yard, drop a couple engies off, flee.

Simply said, add them fvckaz.

1: I haven't seen the newest Juggernaught, unless it hasn't changed, which is completely possible. Anyways.. I.. guess it's.. ok, but I'd _EXTREMELY_ prefer a Hover MLRS in all its glory, over some lame-assed mech with three cannons.

Tbh, I'd like to see hovering vehicles, as they were an extremely flexible part of GDI's forces; fast & able to cross most terrain; something MOST GDI units.. lacked. Confused

2: Haven't read it, nor do I plan to. Confused

3: ^^^^

4: Haven't seen.

"Banned" RP here

Stingerr
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. The juggernaught is nice except for 1 thing. The cockpit hanging on the side has to be removed. Pretty easy to just shoot the cockpit (almost entirely made out of glass) and your whole mech will be useless. It doesn't seem to be very strong and armored in my opinion.

2. Tiberium in this game is complete bullshit. Period. Make it toxic and make some nice blossomtree designs to get the old tiberium-feel. Also the crystals are tooo big in some cases and not pointy enough.

3. Burrowing should be possible, only trough certain types of soil. And both the teams should have some sort of device to detect them so they can prepare themselves. Units underground can't be killed untill they surface, so you can't compare them to air-transport Tyler, since air-units have SAMS to worry about.

4. The units overall look good, but I don't like the zone trooper. Some dude in a robotic suit with huge dinosaur-like feet and hands, but still able to operate a machinegun... it's weird. I like the old wolverine better. The avatar is nice, but the design could have been more cyborg-like. Since cyborgs are something nod should have.

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stingerr wrote:
Since cyborgs are something nod should have.

You obviously haven't played Firestorm yet have you?

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, so Bansh is going to the community summit? I KNEW IT! I SO KNEW IT from the time he made this topic. #Tongue

1. It's perfect, don't touch it.
2. I like it, again, no need to change anything if they can explain it's consistence with the evolution from pod-like to podless.
3. I don't know, but they better make it at least in the expansion.
4. I liked everything in the trailer.

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fix Tiberium
    Fix the lighting
    Fix the weapons anims so they aren't so bright. Make he terrain darker
    SCRAP ALL NOD MECHS
    Make the jugger a long range arty unit again.
    Make a Titan MK II or something similar to improve upon the battle mech philosophy.
    ORCA Fighter and the new bomber need to go back to the drawing board.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!