Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Quick Patches for CnC Editing Tools
Moderators: Community Tools Developpers
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject:  Quick Patches for CnC Editing Tools
Subject description: Instable versions or minor updates are posted here.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone. In order to provide faster updates without overloading you with daily versions, I've decided to post quick patches for the existing tools. It can be stable or instable versions. Usually they don't add many new features, or at least, not enough to reach the release status.

The tools offered here doesn't come with source code, neither the most original files. They must be placed over an existing release.

Anyway, here's the tools we can offer here:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Open Source Voxel Viewer 1.75
Tool Originally made by: Stucuk
Patch by: Banshee and Stucuk
Requires: OS Voxel Viewer 1.5 or better.
Version Type: Stable.
Download: HERE (449kb)
Change Log:

- revisions by Banshee:
   - Added: Turret options are now in a separated tab. This tab allows the user to rotate the turret and setup turret offset values from art.ini.
   - Added: The user can now change the camera center position on the Camera Manager.
   - Bug Fix: The program will not heavly use your processor while you have no voxel opened or your 3D viewer is disabled.

- revisions by Stucuk:
   - Bug Fix: Ground and Skybox is now affected by lighting on all angles.
   - Bug Fix: Text is no longer affected by lighting.

- revisions by Banshee:
   - Updated: Dark Red is less dark.
   - Bug Fix: No more gappage in the render.
   - Bug Fix: Killed an abnormal possibility of access violations when loading a voxel that has turret after another that has no turret. (1.71 - 1.72)

- revisions by Banshee:
   - Bug Fix: Yet another memory leak found and wiped (1.7). Now, if you had a voxel with turrets and/or barrels and open another voxel without them, the old turret and/or barrel won't appear anymore (1.71)
   - Bug Fix: The voxel will now properly obey the selected remappable colour when starting the program or loading a voxel without the user change the remappable colour (1.7 - 1.71).

- revisions by Banshee:
   - Updated: Voxel Engine updated to 1.35
   - Bug Fix: All memory leaks were wiped. Your RAM deserve respect.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Open Source HVA Builder 2.12
Tool Originally made by: Stucuk
Patch by: Banshee
Requires: OS HVA Builder 2.0 or better.
Version Type: Stable.
Download: HERE (473kb)
Change Log:

- revisions by Banshee:
   - Bug Fix: When the user does a transformation, change bounds or move the HVA position/rotation, the render will properly update the voxel.
   - Bug Fix: Killed an abnormal possibility of access violations when loading a voxel that has turret after another that has no turret. (2.11)
   - Bug Fix: Yet another memory leak found and wiped (1.7). Now, if you had a voxel with turrets and/or barrels and open another voxel without them, the old turret and/or barrel won't appear anymore (2.11)
   - Bug Fix: The voxel will now properly obey the selected remappable colour when starting the program or loading a voxel without the user change the remappable colour (2.11).

- revisions by Banshee:
   - Updated: Voxel Engine updated to 1.35
   - Bug Fix: All memory leaks were wiped. Your RAM deserve respect.

Whenever we update or add tools here, I'll post a reply. Once a tools reach release status, we remove it form here.

Last edited by Banshee on Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:46 am; edited 6 times in total

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Today I've released the Quick Patch for OS Voxel Viewer 1.72. It's a bug fix patch. It fixes the engine behaviour when it loaded voxels (turrets and barrels).

On 1.7, if the voxel had no barrels or turrets and the previous voxel had them, it would keep the old turret and barrel in the memory.

1.71 also kept them in the memory, but it also rendered them Embarassed

1.72 kill them instead.

Another problem fixed was the bright red remaps when the program loads.

Changelog:

- revisions by Banshee:
- Bug Fix: Yet another memory leak found and wiped (1.7). Now, if you had a voxel with turrets and/or barrels and open another voxel without them, the old turret and/or barrel won't appear anymore (1.71)
- Bug Fix: The voxel will now properly obey the selected remappable colour when starting the program or loading a voxel without the user change the remappable colour (1.7 - 1.71).

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm having some fun working on the voxel engine, so far in the version 1.35 (beta). The engine made OS Voxel Viewer 1.7 become a lot of acurate, however, the size of each block wasn't. OS: Voxel Viewer 1.73 fixes the block size (or the gappage). Also, there was a random access violation fixed by it.

1.72's dark red was too dark, so I've increased the ammount of red a bit.

- revisions by Banshee:
- Bug Fix: Killed an abnormal possibility of access violations when loading a voxel that has turret after another that has no turret. (1.71 - 1.72).

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was talking with Stucuk about a lot of things on MSN, until we talk about OS: Voxel Viewer and the gappage fix. He asked me if I fixed the lighting bug and I told him I hadn't even reproduced that here. Then, he explained the bug and the fix. All I did was to do what he said, so I'm only crediting him for this patch for OS Voxel Viewer.

- revisions by Stucuk:
- Bug Fix: Ground and Skybox is now affected by lighting on all angles.
- Bug Fix: Text is no longer affected by lighting.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've used the updated voxel engine on the OS HVA Builder 2.12 and I've also made some fixes regarding the operations that didn't updated the render by default. So, that's OS HVA Builder 2.12.

- revisions by Banshee:
- Bug Fix: When the user does a transformation, change bounds or move the HVA position/rotation, the render will properly update the voxel.
- Bug Fix: Killed an abnormal possibility of access violations when loading a voxel that has turret after another that has no turret. (2.11)
- Bug Fix: Yet another memory leak found and wiped (1.7). Now, if you had a voxel with turrets and/or barrels and open another voxel without them, the old turret and/or barrel won't appear anymore (2.11)
- Bug Fix: The voxel will now properly obey the selected remappable colour when starting the program or loading a voxel without the user change the remappable colour (2.11).

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've finally finished OS: Voxel Viewer 1.75. This version is finally getting some new features, since most bugs are disappearing. It's already much better than 1.7, but it's still has not reached my 1.8 objectives.

For those wondering what are my current 1.8 objectives, the answer is simple:

-> Improved interface. A proper use of mouse clicks with shift or alt buttons to allow user to move the unit, make it target a point, drag and drop it, use both mouse buttons to move the camera around the map and few other things.

-> Improved art.ini support. BarrelLength codes and few others are also my target.

-> Support for some rules.ini codes related to units and turrets.

-> Read art.ini and rules.ini? That would be asking too much #Tongue. Maybe later.

Anyway, the version 1.75 comes with few goodies. The best of them is the TurretOffset preview. All Westwood voxels that uses it on art.ini, artfs.ini and artmd.ini were tested and it works well. Big thanks to ViPr to remind me the Det variable. The second thing is that you can make the camera look at other points instead of being crashed on (0,0) using the camera manager. Of course there will be better ways to do that later, like it is done in game. I'm thinking about using Generals command interface (like the mouse scroll thing to zoom in and out, both left and right mouse buttons to move the screen around( to make it easier for the user.

The other big thing is that the program used to run the render even when there was no voxel or the 3d view was disabled, making a strong use of your processor. I've fixed this in this version.

I'm attaching a screenshot of our current model, the Soviet War Miner, with the new turret tabsheet. And here's the changelog:

- revisions by Banshee:
- Added: Turret options are now in a separated tab. This tab allows the user to rotate the turret and setup turret offset values from art.ini.
- Added: The user can now change the camera center position on the Camera Manager.
- Bug Fix: The program will not heavly use your processor while you have no voxel opened or your 3D viewer is disabled.

sovietharv_osvv175.jpg
 Description:
War Miner, our model of OS: Voxel Viewer 1.75, with TurretOffset support.
 Filesize:  116.73 KB
 Viewed:  19747 Time(s)

sovietharv_osvv175.jpg

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tip of the day:

You can update your OS: Voxel Viewer 1.8 to 1.81, with some of the fixes applied in the quick patches above. To use it, replace your VH_VxlView with this one:

http://svn.ppmsite.com/filedetails.php?repname=OS%20Voxel%20Tools&path=%2Fosvv1x%2FEXEs%2FVH_VxlView.exe&rev=0&sc=1

These are the features:
- Several memory leaks fixed. The program uses much less RAM now.
- Voxel Engine updated to 1.35
- Fix for gappage from voxel models.
- Ground and sky are now affected by lighting from all angles.
- Text is not affected by lighting.
- Dark Red is less dark.
- Fix a bug where voxels could not load if they had empty sections.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Version 1.82 is available with the following changes:

- User can set unit shift Z.
- User can set turret offset.
- User can set camera target position at the Camera Manager.
- Program will not use CPU if it is minimized.

I guess this one is definitely an update from 1.75. I think it covers all its features.

The only suspicious thing is the FPS counter. I still can't believe in 5000+ frames per second... even with VSync disabled, but I know that my video card is really getting burned in the process #Tongue.

1.82 will be an official version that will be released once 1.8 completes 24 hours. But you can use the link above (for the 1.81) to grab 1.82.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey guys, I am unsticking this topic. The version 2.12 from OS: HVA Builder is now obsolete, thanks to the newest 2.14, which includes everything from 2.12 and few more features and more stability as well.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you giving Voxel Viewer a proper TurretOffset setting like HVA Builder, which we've determined in 45/128 per cell to match the game? The arbitrary offsetting and rotation for the turret is just annoying...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
Are you giving Voxel Viewer a proper TurretOffset setting like HVA Builder, which we've determined in 45/128 per cell to match the game? The arbitrary offsetting and rotation for the turret is just annoying...

Yes. Check OS: VV 1.84. It's already functional there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum