Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:57 am
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberian Epicenter (2-3)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject:  Tiberian Epicenter (2-3)
Subject description: my 11th map...requires FS
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My next map! Very Happy

Story: This area was right next to where the original meteor hit that had brought tiberium to Earth. And because of this site being right along the Tiber river and so near to the original impact it has mutated at an alarming rate. Now due to the heavy Ions around this area GDI can not evacuate the civillians in this area. However, due to this area being heavily mutated both factions have decided to try and conquer this land to control the tiberium enriched area.

Map Info:
Name: Tiberian Epicenter
Map Maker: Ixith
Map Size: 70X110
Players: 2-3
Theatre: Temperate
Requires FS= YES
Info:It is a heavily tiberium mutated map. Players will have plenty of room to build. Players are provided with a small tiberian field that will run dry pretty quick unless you go out into the mutated areas to harvest but beware as there are tiberium creatures and some mutants have set up an outpost or two. Also Tiberium is slightly worth more on this map. There are triggers for Meteors and spawning tib creatures so beware.The mutant outposts are gaurded i have also made some of the mutant things capturable! This map is also best played with hard AIs as they will attack you more often. This is my 11th finished map! enjoy it! Wink

A heavily mutated area during an ion storm.png
 Description:
a mutated area during an ion storm
 Filesize:  368.21 KB
 Viewed:  7572 Time(s)

A heavily mutated area during an ion storm.png

a VHM.png
 Description:
a VHM
 Filesize:  360.89 KB

a VHM.png

a mutated area.png
 Description:
A mutated area
 Filesize:  376.92 KB

a mutated area.png

The Minimap.PNG
 Description:
The minimap
 Filesize:  17.41 KB

The Minimap.PNG

Tiberian Epicenter.zip
 Description:
Tiberian Epicenter

Download
 Filename:  Tiberian Epicenter.zip
 Filesize:  131.33 KB
 Downloaded:  748 Time(s)

Zodiac
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heehee got the first download on here and TumSun... But the map is very nicely done and is very great!

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

River Tiber eh? Wink

Looks good so far.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yay! people like it Smile

so has anyone played on it yet? if so can ya give me comments?

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like it Ixith. I'll definately put this one on the top of my map list for FS. I'll also play it when I get home. It looks great, and I do look foward to playing it.

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ummkay are there anymore comments anyone?

i need more positive/negative comments on this map! so if you have any tell them please.

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I always enjoy reading the back story of your maps. Smile Good job.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well for most of my maps i dont really have backstories but i figured this one could use one.......

are there any more comments? i take positive or negative ones....

Twilus
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shouldn't tiber river be ONLY mtuated green stuff?

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ummm by that do you mean the river being mutated with all the swampyish/algea stuff? or do you mean only green mold?

........well i kinda agree if your talking about the river and that it should be completely mutated......i may still change that.......but if your talking about the mold tiles then i disagree that it should be just green as if the area was quickly mutating then i would think the blue would show up quite a bit too........

but thanks for the comment Smile i believe it will help me if i ever decide to do another completely mutated map

are there any more comments?

Twilus
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, i mean you can't see any regular terrain

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

alteceast wrote:
No, i mean you can't see any regular terrain

If he did that. The map wouldn't be playable. It'd be a piece of art instead of a map. Can't build on the green stuff.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Umm... You can build on green and blue crystal mold Smile , not on crystals, though. You gave me an idea #Tongue

Anyhow, this map is definitely worth spotlighting, I just played it and it's great. The layout is basic, but because of the tiberium mutation, some areas become a dangerous alternative. Tiberium crystal placement is tactical, the casual veinhole keeps Nod happy and the mutants make the game harder than usual, which is a very, very nice twist.

Spotlight!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon